Do you buy Skills from trainer's?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zelek2

I'm wondering if I should be buy Skill level's from the trainer's every level?

shelder

I wouldnt buy skills every level, i usually only buy skills from npc's that i can use as companions since if ur companion can train ur skill, you can make them train u the 5 lvls, then ask them to hold ur items (trade them) and take ur gold back. its a good way to train skills u dont want to train and keep ur money. If u already got far in the game and r loaded with extra gold, then training isnt a bad idea for skills ur too lazy to train (what else is there to spend gold on if u have what u want)

Zelek2

I've done the train and get my gold back. but i wanna play as fair as i can right now. On a 2nd playthrough i wont worry much about glitch and bugs. As for level skills myself, not sure it's worth swing a 2h'er around for 5 hours to skill it up.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I just buy them to actually put my money to good use. Still hoarding around 30k gold, I need to spend them somewhere. I usually just spent them on skills that I can really raise up easily, like alchemy and light armor.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I don't buy skills. Never found a point I use all the skills i major in so they are always up. hexperiment I would save my money instead of throwing it away you can get the 100k achievement.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Oh, yeah. I forget about achievements. But I am earning gold really fast anyway, I might as well take my time getting there. Besides, once I get 100k gold, where in oblivion am I suppose to spend them all? I would give 10% of it to a beggar just to watch him get a house and be a family man or something but the game doesn't have such option... sigh

Zelek2

I should have said in the original post. I'm not concerned about my main skills. Was wondering if I should buy skill for the 1's I'm not using

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I buy skills all the time. I don't know about you guys but I don't turn down free exp. Yaya u have to pay but the expense is trivial since you can easily sell enough items to get 6k gold in 10 minutes including load times.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I should have said in the original post. I'm not concerned about my main skills. Was wondering if I should buy skill for the 1's I'm not using.
If you want to have 100 on all your skills yes. If not focus on your main.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
No, my skills level up naturally (with the help of the thief/mage/warrior/lover stones). I love learning through combat rather than paying for lessons.

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
I do it occasionally, seeing as I have nothing else to spend my money on.

Zelek2

thanks for the reply's. I think I am going to start buying some. I'm sitting on 10k with nothing else to buy right now. Skill's like heavy armor, 2h'er, are 1's i don't see myself using any time soon. so why not bump them a little.

Eturnus

Having a bucket load of money is its own reward. I never buy skills. One of these days i'm gonna go to my house and rop indevidual coins all over my bed untill i have a money pile and then i'm gonna jump up and down an start yelling liek a hurp a durp

"I"M RICH! I'M WELL OFF! I'M AFFLUENT! MY LIQUIDITY IS ASSURED! I'M SOCIALY SECURE! WOO HOO HOO HOOO HOO HOO"

warner brothers fans will know what i mean.

Touchstone

I do buy skills, only ones I'll use. It's economical.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Sometimes if I'm about to level up and I know I'll be a few skill-points short of the next perk, I'll fill in the gap by buying the points. Buying levels in skills at high levels is almost frightfully expensive, though (maybe I'm just a cheapskate...)

Deeley

Having a bucket load of money is its own reward. I never buy skills. One of these days i'm gonna go to my house and rop indevidual coins all over my bed untill i have a money pile and then i'm gonna jump up and down an start yelling liek a hurp a durp

"I"M RICH! I'M WELL OFF! I'M AFFLUENT! MY LIQUIDITY IS ASSURED! I'M SOCIALY SECURE! WOO HOO HOO HOOO HOO HOO"

warner brothers fans will know what i mean.

Are you playing PC or Xbox?? I've tried dropping individual things on Xbox, and it takes so long to scroll down how many you want to take out/drop that I get bored :sadface: and a few thousand coins laying on my bed would be amazing, until the house glitch causes them to end up all over the place :p

squaretwo

I think most of my money goes to this way.. I'm not that into buying weapon and armor.
For me that money well invest.. especially when it got you to level up.

Eturnus

Are you playing PC or Xbox?? I've tried dropping individual things on Xbox, and it takes so long to scroll down how many you want to take out/drop that I get bored :sadface: and a few thousand coins laying on my bed would be amazing, until the house glitch causes them to end up all over the place :p
PC =D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts