Do Companies Pay IGN for good reviews?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Godzillaman 08

There seems to be a ton of people who think review sites like IGN are paid by game companies to give good reviews. While I'm not saying stuff like that never occurs I don't think it happens as much as some people say. What if a reviewer generally loves a game, and thinks the pros outweigh the cons. Example: when IGN gave The Last Of Us a 10/10 people called them out for giving it that score, now I haven't played that game yet so I don't know if I like or not but even I didn't like it I don't think I would go around saying OMG IGN GOT PAYED FOR DIS REVIEW. Everyone has different tastes, one man's is another ones treasure.

What do you guys think?

Godzillaman 08

NachyoChez

As it would it would seem from this article, yes. Of course, I can't say with certainty that this is true, but it does seem fairly legit. I'll leave the decision of believing it or not up to you.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/ex-ign-emp...-that-arent-even-close-to-release-like-gta-v/
The article has enough formatting errors to make me dubious, and too much swearing for me to take it seriously. Also, at least 2 of the scores they posted have been incorrect (Bioshock Infinite and Lost Planet 3).

I doubt they get paid to enhance scores, but that doesn't change that they're human and get to witness the same hype machines as the rest of us. Then they get a copy of the game, and about 12 hours to play it hard enough to write a review. For some games, that's barely enough to scratch the surface!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2