• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Frostflow Lighthouse. If you have cleared it you dont need further explaination. It gets worse as you read the journals and head down to the basement. The chittering is honestly creepy as you walk around the family's rooms.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I was traveling through the forests of the Rift at about 2 AM gametime, when an assassin jumps out of the bushes and comes running at me. I screamed aloud, in the presence of other people. It wasn't a terribly disturbing experience, but it is a silly, scary one. :p

Kittibear

When your followers invade your space bubble. Every. Time. -_-

There wasn't much that disturbed me other than... that part with Astrid (trust me, if you haven't got to it yet but will, you'll know what I was talking about.) There were a few things that just scared me, though.

It was really early on in my first playthrough. I finally unlocked the third word of Unrelenting Force. I went into Whiterun to test it on a guard. I really didn't expect him to go soaring like that. XD That wasn't what scared me, though. After laughing my intestines out of my anus, I look behind me to see a guard, walking in my direction. I was kind of creeped out, so I walked onto another road. He walked onto that same road. I made a left. He made a left behind me. I eventually was just walking in routes that didn't make sense... and that damned guard was still behind me. He was following me. I ran away, towards the Cloud district. I came to a dead end, and the guard was behind me. "This is it," I thought to myself. He's gonna kick my ass. He slowly walked towards me. He just kept getting closer, and closer, and closer. He finally went up to me. He said to me, "I need to ask you to stop! That... shouting... is making people nervous!" He was just trying to tell me to stop shouting the whole time! He wasn't trying to kill me for making his buddy fly! Phew! Then a dragon landed behind him, grabbed him with his teeth, and threw him across the city (okay, maybe I made that part up.)

There was another time. It was my second dungeon, with my first being Bleak Falls Barrow. It was pretty dark, and I think I had the music turned all the way off. I was wandering through the halls, trying to navigate my way and find a quest. I kept walking on. I heard a noise. I got scared and drew my sword... nothing was there. I finally made my way to a large room,

AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT!
Seriously, though. a skeleton came out of nowhere and it scared the living pl*ps out of me.

Also, I am playing Skyrim with loud foosteps and no music in a dungeon as I type this.

Oh yeah, I have the brightness don to its lowest level. :D

MyNameIsJon

The realization of what's going on beneath the dwarven city of Orzamarr is pretty disturbing, made worse by the wails, haunting music, and graphic dialog.

The decisions you have to make at the end are disturbing ... the one Morrigan forces you to make, and of course the final decision.

In my opinion, Dragon Age Origins weaves a darker story than Skyrim, though I haven't gotten to the end of Skyrim yet.

In my opinion, Dragon Age Origins weaves a darker story than Skyrim, though I haven't gotten to the end of Skyrim yet.

Technically, Skyrim has no end. I think you might be reffering to the end of the main questline. It's really not that dark of a story. In fact, the ending was a little too happy. It didn't make you feel bad
for killing Alduin,
you didn't have to sacrifice that much, and there were no consequences. I think that they should have made you connect to a character, and then force you to kill him/her in order to save the world.

Also, if you're really into dark, disturbing stories, do the Dark Brotherhood questline. Two words about it: HOLY pl*ps!

This is a really good idea for a thread, by the way. :D

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
The realization of what's going on beneath the dwarven city of Orzamarr is pretty disturbing, made worse by the wails, haunting music, and graphic dialog.

The decisions you have to make at the end are disturbing ... the one Morrigan forces you to make, and of course the final decision.

Fair enough. For some reason the Deep Roads didn't really bother me too much, maybe because all you hear about is how terrible and overrun with Darkspawn they are. Though, the Brood Mother was a tough fight on all my playthroughs for some reason.

I think the darker story there is the elves/werewolves one. If you ask all the right questions and don't just start hacking things to bit, there's a disturbing backstory to that one.

As far as Skyrim being dark and twisted, like Buffington said above, do the Dark Brotherhood questline, that's pretty disturbing in and of itself. Other than that, quite a few of the Daedric artifact quests are more than a little dark/disturbing/out there.

As far as Skyrim being dark and twisted, like Buffington said above, do the Dark Brotherhood questline, that's pretty disturbing in and of itself. Other than that, quite a few of the Daedric artifact quests are more than a little dark/disturbing/out there.
^This^

Also, the most disturbing Daedric quests are probably The Whispering Door and The Taste of Death (reward is very disturbing, too. Do NOT do this quest if you have a weak stomach. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Don't forget Molag-Bals quest. That can be pretty creepy. And there's also Peryites. I always hated it because it shows that a Daedric Prince is ready to unleash a plague to conquer the world... Gods.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I was never really creeped out by the DB questine. Only by Astrid talking to me after the... You know. Or The Whispering Door. Boethiahs quest is also pretty sick, atleast the beginning.

I was never really creeped out by the DB questine. Only by Astrid talking to me after the... You know. Or The Whispering Door. Boethiahs quest is also pretty sick, atleast the beginning.
Most of the things I mentioned don't remotely scare me or disturb me. I'm just trying to see it from everyone else's point of view.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
After killing Tova Shatter-Shield's daughter during a dark brotherhood quests I decided to break into her home to steal some stuffs. I came to her room to find her laying on the ground dead. I saw a note and read her suicide note. I never felt so guilty in my life. I decided not to rob her house, and decided to go to the Candlehearth Hall to get something to drink when I bumped into Torbjorn Shatter-Shield. He started sobbing to me about how he lost his second daughter and his wife. I wanted to turn myself in to the guards, and let the headsmen axe get to me for the crimes that I've committed.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Don't forget Molag-Bals quest. That can be pretty creepy. And there's also Peryites. I always hated it because it shows that a Daedric Prince is ready to unleash a plague to conquer the world... Gods.

Honestly, Molag Bal's quest never really did much to me. I figured that since I did it in a playthrough as a vampire that he'd have some special conversation options, but to no avail.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I played through as a vampire as well. I actually made that char a cultist of Moag-Bal, Volikhar, mace, random muders, that stuff. Not saying I was really fazed by it, just saying it was somewhat creepy. In other word, what Buffingotn said.

MyNameIsJon

I have been playing this game every night for 3 solids months, and I am still not half finished it. I have forgotten what the main quest is even about. A lot of the quests in this thread I have never heard of before. I don't think I have scratched the surface of Skyrim yet. I look forward to experiencing the darker parts of it.

As far as the Dark Brotherhood goes, I will not be doing any of their quests. I don't like the Dark Brotherhood. In Oblivion, I got them to admit me into their hideout. Then, I went down there and killed every single one of them. They never saw it coming. People told me I missed out on the best quests in the game. I didn't mind. What I did to them was immensely satisfying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts