Disappointed of Skyrim ''side'' quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vrael42

The thing that bothers me alot more about this game as the unplayable bugs, and THAT is a much more important thing is, how fluffing uncreative and unamazing, almost all side missions are. Wtf I mean, the majority of this game is ''get me this'' - missions x250 times and ''kill this guy'' - missions x500. YAAAAY and then you have some crummy super easy, super short ''daedra'' missions. A really beautiful package w a crummy filling, thats how it turns out for me now. I was expecting at least the niveau from oblivion, you go into a far off little village and suddenly get a huge mission, like ending a feud of rivaling families, getting a man out of his drawn picture, stuff aside from guild missions, but no not even that. Really, I expected a bit more intelligent missions aside the main/guild quest.....and even the guild missions dont have the length I was used to. Of course this game is great but if you create a great game you gotta give it life and not be happy already w its package. Just my 5 cents.

I would like to know what you guys think. I hope im not the only one aside of my friends who think same.

Onyx

I would say I agree and dissagree :)

I would also break things up into "Side Quests" and Micelleneous Radiant (random) quests.

I think actually most of the side quests (have their own title) well done. True, some are quicker/simpler than others, but some are quite grand (the one where you start off in a drinking competition...lol TES Hangover!) was pretty long and I do enjoy "most" of the Guild quests (I think the main DB quests are pretty epic!).

Agreed the Radiant Quests, i.e the random generated ones are pretty simple, but I would say they are more there as a filler without really meaning to be a full on quests and also means there is never "nothing" to do

I do agree it would be nice to have a few more substantial side quests but do think a lot (not all) of them can be quite involving.

Are there any in particular you dislike/like?

Vrael42

The mage guild quest line has 2 missions if I remember right? I think in Oblvivion that was like 20 or so...
I know there are some few good side quests, but nothing challenging. It sets me really off...

Onyx

The mage guild quest line has 2 missions if I remember right? I think in Oblvivion that was like 20 or so...
I know there are some few good side quests, but nothing challenging. It sets me really off...
I just finished the main Mage Quests and there where more than 2 :) Also I have not done all the mage side quests yet (some are pretty simple, others not :D). Out of the 3 guilds I have completed I do say the ending for the Mage quests was the most dissapointing (but otherwise enjoyed the quests).

From the Guide book I think there where around 8 Main MG quests and around 15 or so side quests + unlimited Radiant quests (these are pretty simple like hunt down rogue mage)

Vrael42

Yeah I just miss creative stuff like getting sucked into a picture and fighting painted trolls, good times...

Onyx

Yeah I just miss creative stuff like getting sucked into a picture and fighting painted trolls, good times...
I remember that one :) (I was not a huge fan of Oblivion, mainly due to the leveling system but some fun quests).

Have you tried the Hangover quest yet? That is pretty fun (a guy in the Inn in Whiterun challenges you to a drinking contest to start Q).

While slightly off topic, I have to say I am enjoying the main Q of Skyrim over Oblivion, mainly because I always found the Oblivion gates to be a bit of a pain.

Back on Topic sorry :)

Vrael42

yeah its Sanguines mission, but those quests are super rare and its a handful, that was my point...

yeah main quest is great, I like the game alot but they could have done so much more, they make these huge dwemer ruins and then they dont use them really... like in Oblivion you had to collect the ayleid statues for umbaccano, a great mission and not obvious to find. Thats the stuff I mean

Onyx

Re: Dwarven Ruins (sorry for playing Devil's Advocate here) there is at least one side quest assoisiated with them, that is a mages guild side quest, think it is a 5 parter. First part is to find and collect 10 Dwarven Clogs (just started).

I think there are others as well (not assosiated with the quests that lead you to the ruins in the first place like Mage Guild Main quest and the DB Main quest).

One thing I did like, after reaching Laberyinthium on a MG quest, I was having a look around and found (by luck in this case) a body and a note. The body was holding a wooden mask and this random exploring has now set me on the path of one of the longer possible quests (Dragon Masks).

While I cannot really compare many of the quests I have done in Skyrim with Oblivion (because I did not play that as much as mentioned before) but I do find that there are some fun quests around in the most unlikely of places. Just started a new one by sleeping in an inn I found in the wilderness that involves a ghost....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts