Xbox 360 Did u choose the stormcloak reblion or the imperial legion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

punkneo129

most of my friends chose the storm cloaks witch i can kinda agree with because the legion tried to kill you but once i heard that ulfric stormcloak murderd the high king i chose the legion but once i got further and learned about talos and the thalmor it felt like i made the wrong chose what did u choose

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Personally I chose the legion, but only so that I didn't have to destroy whiterun and unseat my favorite Jarl

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I usually pick Stormcloaks but I HATE getting rid of Balgruuf and making some houses inaccessible :sadface:
Yea, I picked the stormcloaks on my first playthrough, and let me just say, never again will I do such a foolish thing(Although I do befriend ralof every time I start over.)

Kuros

most of my friends chose the storm cloaks witch i can kinda agree with because the legion tried to kill you but once i heard that ulfric stormcloak murderd the high king i chose the legion but once i got further and learned about talos and the thalmor it felt like i made the wrong chose what did u choose
neither

Grelod The Kind

Legion all the way.

On my first character I chose Hadvar because I was too busy staring at the dragon and I really didn't see that there WAS a choice to follow Ralof. So eventually I joined the legion on that first character.

Now that I'm more aware of lore and storyline and such, I can safely say that I am a legate at heart.

Why?
Strategically, an Imperial victory of the Civil War will be an overall better event for a neutral citizen of Skyrim, independent of hold location or allegiance.

If the Stormcloaks win, Ulfric will attempt to have Skyrim secede from the Mede Empire - which the Thalmor obviously don't want. So what will the Thalmor do? The Thalmor will wage war on Skyrim, perhaps a war that Skyrim has no chance of winning. Heck, if the Aldmeri Dominion can wage war on the ENTIRE Septim Empire and win (3 Aldmeri countires versus 6 Imperial), they can easily overpower Skyrim.

If the Imperials win, you can still worship Talos in a hush-hush manner. Just don't let the Thalmor see it. The hold guards don't care; they want to worship Talos, as well. It just means less war.

NocturnaSuppressio

Legate Nocturna
I went through a moral dellemia when chosing a faction but in the end I chose Imperial, mainly because my motto is "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Legion all the way.

On my first character I chose Hadvar because I was too busy staring at the dragon and I really didn't see that there WAS a choice to follow Ralof. So eventually I joined the legion on that first character.

Now that I'm more aware of lore and storyline and such, I can safely say that I am a legate at heart.

Why?
Strategically, an Imperial victory of the Civil War will be an overall better event for a neutral citizen of Skyrim, independent of hold location or allegiance.

If the Stormcloaks win, Ulfric will attempt to have Skyrim secede from the Mede Empire - which the Thalmor obviously don't want. So what will the Thalmor do? The Thalmor will wage war on Skyrim, perhaps a war that Skyrim has no chance of winning. Heck, if the Aldmeri Dominion can wage war on the ENTIRE Septim Empire and win (3 Aldmeri countires versus 6 Imperial), they can easily overpower Skyrim.

If the Imperials win, you can still worship Talos in a hush-hush manner. Just don't let the Thalmor see it. The hold guards don't care; they want to worship Talos, as well. It just means less war.
Tell that to the redgaurds

Hammerfell, the Redguard's homeland, had recently survived a massive invasion by the Aldmeri Dominion. Though they were aided by the Imperial Legion, the following peace treaty deeding a large chunk of the region to the elves as well as the Redguard refusal to accept those terms and success in reclaiming their homeland from the Dominion lead to the seperation of Hammerfell from the Empire as an independant nation. There is now distrust between the Redguard and the Imperials. It is interesting to note that the Redguards pushed back the Elven armies twice before, and would have dominated Tamriel if not for the opposition in Cyrodiil during the Empire's formation. With the signing of the Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180, the Aldmeri Dominion completely withdrew from Hammerfell. This has made Hammerfell the only country to have actually defeated the Aldmeri Dominion, and this largely without the aid of the Empire. Finally, because of forced cooperation between Forebears and Crowns, the civil war in Hammerfell has ended, which is likely to lead to a properous future.
Im playing more for role play, I choose a redgaurd so I sided with Ulfric.

Appaullo

I have not chosen yet. My plan is to choose Imperial, out of loyalty to the Empire. I just have not enlisted yet because I am afraid of cutting off some quests and cities. Will my choosing a side have any effect on quests or my status of welcome in certain cities? Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks,
Appaullo

DWFII

Talos priest openly preaching in Whiterun. Thalmor do not come and arrest him. Ulfric's point is......what again?

Who are the many Thalmor patrols leading away to torture and behead? Are they Imperial citizens? Citizens of Skyrim? Or just a bunch of nobodies who won't be missed, probably should've been eliminated anyway, and are necessary sacrifices to appease the Empire's masters?

RoG Delta

All three times, I attempted to join the stormcloaks, and every time I changed my mind because of how racist they were. I like tullius, and I also like the imperial towns and jarls better. Although, whenever I see a thalmor, I freaking kill the bastard. Those things piss me off. * Slight Spoiler* in the embassy I killed every single on of them and in the fort where they're keeping the gray mane kid as well.

DWFII

Cite one law, one decree, one writ, one statute, one openly expressed opinion...that Ulfric or the Stormcloaks express or directly support...that persecutes or harasses the Dunmer or the Argonians.

The most xenophobic and racist faction in Skyrim is the Thalmor. The Empire actively "cooperates" with the Thalmor; it aids and abets Thalmor activities against Skyrim citizens. Or looks the other way...which functionally is the same thing.

The Khajits are not allowed in any city in Skyrim, Imperial or otherwise.

The grey quarter in Windhelm is 150 years old. It is not Ulfric's doing. He "inherited the economy".

The Lore says the Dunmer are "clannish" and "distrustful" of others.

Are there racist in Skyrim? Yes, there are. Not all of them are Stormcloaks.

Are there racists in the Stormcloaks? Yes, there are. But Ulfric is not among them.

Whichever side you choose, you will be among racists and esp. as an Imperial, cooperating with Skyrim's most racist people....furthering their racist agenda.

So...if it's guilt by association, no matter which side the Dragonborn chooses it's racist.

Grelod The Kind

Tell that to the redgaurds
Clippings of In-game Lore:

Hammerfell, however, refused to accept the White-Gold Concordat, being unwilling to concede defeat and the loss of so much of their territory. Titus II was forced to officially renounce Hammerfell as an Imperial province in order to preserve the hard-won peace treaty. The Redguards, understandably, looked on this as a betrayal. In this, the Thalmor certainly achieved one of their long-term goals by sowing lasting bitterness between Hammerfell and the Empire.In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves that the White-Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and that if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire. The truth of that assertion can, of course, never be known. But the Redguards should not forget the great sacrifice of Imperial blood - Breton, Nord, and Cyrodilic - at the Battle of the Red Ring that weakened the Dominion enough to allow the eventual Second Treaty of Stros M'kai in 4E 180 and the withdrawal of Aldmeri forces from Hammerfell.

It's be 21 year since the Hammerfell War ended and 26 years since the Great War ended. Who's to say that the Thalmor haven't gained MORE power?

It's safe to say that because the Great War was centered on Cyrodiil, HF probably was not in a war-ravaged state. So, they were ready. Plus, the war was most likely a minor war, which of course means that the Thalmor did not send all of their troops into Hammerfell. We have 5 'holds' in the South of HF and 3 'holds' in the North.

It's not wise to believe all of the player-written lore on, say, UESP, since many of the gaps could've been filled in uncorrectly by players. When in doubt, cite in-game books.

DWFII

Ulfric: Hey Mr. High King, let's do combat!

High King: Challenge accepted!

Ulfric: (pulls out a bazooka) he he he

High King: :eek:

Torygg was High King...if the challenge was illegal, he did not have to accept. In fact, he could have had Ulfric arrested right then and there.

Ulfric was a seasoned warrior. He would have beaten Torygg in any event. He had more skills, more muscle, more experience. It was an unfair fight from the beginning.

Ulfric used a shout to knock Torygg to the floor. If he had physically tripped Torygg the result would have been the same. He was making a point about the need for Skyrim to return to Traditional ways.

A shout is a skill...like expertise with a sword. The Dragonborn uses shouts all the time. Is this unfair? Or is the Dragonborn just a "privileged character" that can bully his way through the world and never face the consequences?

RoG Delta

Cite one law, one decree, one writ, one statute, one openly expressed opinion...that Ulfric or the Stormcloaks express or directly support that persecutes or harasses the Dunmer or the Argonians.

The most xenophobic and racist faction in Skyrim is the Thalmor. The Empire actively "cooperates" with the Thalmor; it aids and abets Thalmor activities against Skyrim citizens. Or looks the other way...which functionally is the same thing.

The Khajits are not allowed in any city in Skyrim Imperial or otherwise.

The grey quarter in Windhelm is 150 years old. It is not Ulfric's doing. He "inherited the economy".

The Lore says the Dunmer are "clannish" and "distrustful" of others.

Are there racist in Skyrim? Yes there are. Not all of them are Stormcloaks.

Are there racists in the Stormcloaks? Yes, there are. But Ulfric is not among them.

Whichever side you choose, you will be among racists and esp. as an Imperial, cooperating with Skyrim's most racist people....furthering their racist agenda.

So...if it's guilt by association, no matter which side the Dragonborn chooses, it's racist.
I'm terribly sorry if I upset you over this. I'm not siding with the thalmor, I'm siding with the empire. The empire only cooperates with the thalmor to preserve the peace in skyrim. They don't enforce the talos worship ban aggressively. Thy want the best for skyrim and all of the people who live there. There's whispers going around that ulfric just wants to be high king. I think he's all talk. His general is very racist.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts