Dickmoves people have pulled on you at work

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru

Warning: This is a bit of an angry rant, sorry.

I babysit two little boys, aged 11 and 4 for a lady who lives in the area. Well, this morning, she didn't bother to tell me until I walked in the door that her oldest son was violently ill and had been since last night. What kind of person doesn't even bother to warn the babysitter when they know for a fact that their kid is sick and has been throwing up all flipping night!? And, since I'm already there, I can't really back out now (especially since my ride had departed), and am stuck all day washing my hands every 15 minutes, wiping stuff down with Lysol wipies, and trying not to touch my face, because when I get sick, all my family members get sick, and when we get sick, we REALLY get sick. Well, despite my best efforts I am feeling nauseous a few hours later and, just when ya think it can't get any worse, the little one suddenly starts spewing. All. Over. EVERYWHERE. Ya could've at least warned me, lady! Less than two bucks an hour is not enough for me to tolerate being vomited upon by your son!

Ugggggh! Needed to get that off my chest. It has been a horrible day... I still feel nauseous.

Edit: I just threw up! Twice! Yay!

So, comment if ya wish, and feel free to share horrible crap that's happened at work.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Oh fluff I got a good one.

I work at Tim Hortons, which is like the Canadian version of Dunkin Donuts, I guess. Every Monday and Thursday we have to unload the truck, full of all the frozen food/refrigerator items/cups and what not. 2 of us are supposed to do it, and with me and one guy (good worker, me and him are friends outside of work) it takes us on average about an hour and 15 or so mins to do the truck. Well, last monday it was me and another guy, who is notorious in our workplace for doing plops all, and we had a full-size truck to do. (Which usually takes about 2 hours or so to do instead of 1 with my friend). So while I'm trying to put away everything as fast as possible to make way for more things, he's standing there marking things down at the slowest fluffing pace and it really pissed me off. He took the same amount of time to put away a bit of the fridge items as I did putting away the freezer items (which are heavier, have to move way more stuff around, and its cold as fluff) when he should've taken a quarter of the time.

On top of that, this guy is a fluffing joke. He refuses to take a step inside the freezer, so I have to do it all. The reason why he says he can't go in the freezer is because of his Asthma. And thats cool, I get that, I'll make up for it because I used to have Asthma until I grew out of it so I know how bad it can get. Except, THIS MOTHERfluffER DRIVES A GOD DAMN MOPED TO WORK EVERY fluffING DAY IN -25C WEATHER (I live in Canada) AND DOESN'T SAY A GOD DAMN THING ABOUT IT OR EVEN LOOK LIKE HE'S STRUGGLING BUT HE WON'T TAKE ONE STEP INSIDE THE FREEZER TO HELP ME OUT THAT STUPID fluff.

In the end it took us (or I should say me) about 3 and a half hours to do it with the work ratio being 80/20 me.

Pretty much all my work rants are about this one guy, have no idea why they haven't fired him. He's got 16 write-ups, a reputation for being plopsty, and he will automatically pick the jobs that take the least amount of work. He's gay (which I have no problem with) but he is constantly telling everyone sex stories about him and his "ex's" which most of us think he's lying about. We all think he's a pathological liar because his stories get ridiculous and annoying and when you ask questions he'll freeze up and change the subject.

/rant thanks

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
Mines quite short:

My supervisor at work persistently annoyed me for 7 + hours to the point of me blowing up at him then reported me for losing it >.>

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
I get this phone call from the office 5 weeks ago.

Jane: We urgently need your skill level to sort out a breach in the network.

From this I thought the company was hacked, out of my fluffing way to get there only to discover that the new staff I hired in place of other noobz I fired needed me to show them how I set up the companies I.D.S.and one of them somehow kept pinging the secretary. :mad:

I fired 8 staff members the past 2 months because of incompetence.

fluffing annoyed the plops out me.

Fortunately that's the only recent lame thing that's happened to me.

I'm very respected. ;)

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I'm 17 and work at a Dunkin' Donuts.

This past Sunday I was responsible for coffee - this means making every single coffee for the people who order it in the drive-thru, while also constantly grinding the coffee beans and brewing fresh coffee whenever a pot runs out (so you don't run out of coffee for the customers.)

I am constantly checking each of the ground coffee holders in the coffee machines to see if any have already been used, so that I can empty it, grind more coffee beans, and brew more coffee.

I quickly took one of the ground coffee holders without realizing it was in the middle of brewing coffee, so when I did so, a mixture of boiling hot water and ground coffee flew up in the air and landed on my entire right hand.

The pain was excruciating, and my entire hand was burning. I went to the back and tried to cool it off with water. My skin was bubbling it was so hot. This was at about 11 or 12pm, and I got out of work at 3pm, when the night crew comes in.

We were already short-staff as it was, so I sucked it up and continued to work the final three hours with a burnt and throbbing hand.

At my Dunkin' Donuts, we have two people that close the store, on this particular day two friends were closing together, one had to come in at the 2pm, the other at 3pm. The person I switched with came in at 3pm, but he gave the guy that came in at 2pm a ride to the store, and he would wait around for an hour before clocking in at 3pm.

For the past three hours, everybody was telling how bad my hand looked, and that I should probably get it checked out. When the two guys came in, I explained to the person I was supposed to switch with that I had burnt my hand, and that if he could please clock in early so that I could leave to properly treat my hand.

The lazy piece of plops (pardon my language) as selfish and as useless as he is, responded word-for-word like this,

"Uh yeah man, sorry - but I always clock in at 3 and to be honest I really don't want to be here right now, sorry."

After saying this he turned around and walked to the McDonalds next door.

So basically, I had to continue to work with a severely burnt hand for another hour because some guy didn't feel like he wanted to work that day.

I currently have 5 giants blisters all on the back of my right hand. At that moment it wasn't the pain of my injury that hurt, more-so the fact that one could be so selfish, after I work twice as hard as him to get things done whenever I close with him, because he just likes to lay around. I've helped out every single person in that store with something or another, I always arrive 15 minutes early for work just in case somebody needs to get somewhere fast (a lot of my co-workers have two jobs). How one could be such a scumbag like that - I have never been so dumbfounded before that incident. I had my burnt hand held out to show him how bad it was - it was shaking. I simply can't believe that happened.