• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Friday is My Day!

good read, i wish i could put my game into words like this. i play with similar restrictions. tbh i would end up swearing a lot, best of luck with the journey!

I'm actually quite suprised I haven't died yet! I was looking at my stats earlier and I've only killed a grand total of 5 humans! That's probably the reason behind my lack of death. As I begin facing more human enemies, I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time resting at inns! Thanks a lot for commenting, it truly means a lot! I'm glad you enjoy it!

Friday is My Day!

- Morndas, 25th of Last Seed, 4E 201

What a day! In celebration of my victory over the bandits, I'm treating myself to a slab of cooked beef and a bottle of Honningbrew mead. The sweetness of the mead blends perfectly with the tenderness of the beef, but I'm not writing this to describe my dinner for the evening. I'm just so happy!

I awoke this morning as the sun rose over the mountains to the east. I ate a quick bite of venison and took a swig of water before heading out. I entered the mine cautiously, removing the torches from the wall and putting out their glow as I proceeded. My father always told me that it is best to strike from the darkness, as concealing your position and remaining hidden will give you an edge over your opponent.

I removed the last torch and proceeded to my vantage point over the two men. One Orc and one Redguard. The Orc was mining while the Redguard stood behind him, telling the Orc he was tired of being disarmed and would start carrying a blade in his shoe. Striking the Redguard would have been my best bet, as there would have been a chance that the Orc wouldn't notice he died.

I drew an arrow and waited until he was done speaking, then let it fly. It hit home in the man's neck but it wasn't enough to bring him down. I sent a second arrow his way, but missed him by a hair. The two men searched for me, but I was cloaked in the darkness.They eventually gave up on their search and returned to their positions. One more arrow was enough to bring the Redguard down, and I managed to sink one arrow into the Orc before finishing him off with my daggers.

I hid their bodies and located the lever to lower the drawbridge. I proceeded with caution, removing torch after torch as I went. As I grabbed for one torch, a female Nord spotted me and drew her axe. I retreated into the shadows and couldn't help but chuckle as she frantically searched for me. Once she turned her back, I snuck behind her, covered her mouth, and stabbed her in the neck with my dagger as many times as possible. I couldn't help but feel remorse for killing her in such a way, but I had no other choice. Besides, she was bandit trash anyway.

I managed to pick the lock of a cell door nearby and hide her body in it. I continued to dive deeper into the mine when I came into a huge room with a good sized pond and a blacksmith's forge on the shore. A rickety wooden bridge connecting two wooden platforms hovered over the pond, and also held up the weight of an Argonian bandit. I scouted the room. A female Nord was crafting a pair of boots at the blacksmith's forge, the Argonian was looking down at the water from the bridge, and a rather large Orc in iron armor was sitting at a table on one of the platforms drinking out of a tankard.

I made sure I was covered in darkness, then readied my bow. I drew an arrow and set it in the quiver, then took a deep breath. I aimed slightly above the Nord, and released the arrow. It went straight through her skull and she collapsed into the forge. If the arrow didn't kill her, then the burns surely would have. Her death was almost instantaneous, and didn't alert the other two bandits. I was relieved. Bless you, Talos.

I aimed at the Argonian and took the shot. It pierced his back, but he was still standing. He casted some kind of spell that outlined him in a white glow. I sent a second arrow his way and it struck him, but he still didn't drop. Maybe it had something to do with the spell he casted, I'm not sure. I turned around to withdraw into the darkness and was completely surprised to find the huge Orc staring at me. I had completely forgotten about him.

He swung his warhammer at me, but I was able to dodge the murderous blow just in time. I ran in a full on sprint to the entrance of the mine and busted out the door. I ran all the way to Riverwood and sat down in the inn to calm down and decide what to do. I crossed the street and browsed Alvor's weapon selection. He had a brand new sheathe of steel arrows for a little over 100 septims. I bought the set without hesitation. After all, I was gonna need as much firepower as possible if I was going to take down that brute of an Orc.

I rented a room at the inn and took about a three hour nap. I awoke around mid-afternoon and ate a bite of grilled chicken before heading back to the mine. I ventured cautiously into the mine until I arrived in the large room with the pond. The Argonian was still on the bridge, while the Orc was no where to be found. I made sure the Orc wasn't behind me and that I was cloaked in the darkness. I removed a single steel arrow from my sheathe and placed it in the quiver. I aimed slightly above the Argonian, just as I had the Nord, and sent the arrow flying. It pierced the Argonian's reptilian neck and he went crashing into the water below, releasing a cloud of crimson into once the clear, blue water.

Just then, the Orc arose from a bed role on one of the platforms and crossed the bridge, searching for me. Vengeance was in his eyes. He was dead intent on finding me and crushing me with that hammer of his. I readied an arrow and released it in his direction and it landed. He screamed in pain, shouting various obscenities at me. I sent another arrow at him and it founded its target. This time, he spotted me and began running full sprint at me, warhammer ready to obliterate my skull. I had one shot, or this man was gonna crush me.

I grabbed an arrow with unrelenting speed and set it in my quiver. He was getting closer and closer by the second. I was running out of time. I held my breath, aimed high, and let go. I felt an unimaginable amount of force slam me into the ground. I figured he was getting on top of me to choke me to death, but he didn't move. He just laid there, completely still. Then I noticed the arrow protruding from his eye. With all my strength, I managed to push his limp, lifeless carcass off of me and stand up.

I sat at the edge of the crimson pond and cried. It wasn't a cry of sadness or anger, it was a cry of sheer happiness. I managed to make two trips from the mine to Riverwood to sell the bandit's gear. I'll sell everything else I find in here and mine as much ore as I can for the next few days. I also found a spell tome in here for a spell named Clairvoyance in the Illusion school of magic. I'll finish reading it tomorrow, but I'm interested in finding out what it will enable me to do.

Thank you Talos. You truly have no idea how grateful I am for guiding me through my quest today, and for helping me make my parents proud. It should be a good next few days, but for now, I'm going to sleep better than I have since my final night in Valenwood.

Friday is My Day!

- Middas, 3rd of Heartfire, 4E 201

I've been stuck in bed at the Sleeping Giant Inn all week. I really hate not being able to hunt, but I suppose it's my own fault for almost getting myself killed. Thank Talos for saving me that night after a rather-- for lack of a better word-- odd encounter.

After my victory in the mine, I spent the next day making trips from the mine to Riverwood to sell everything I could carry. Once I stripped the mine of everything valuable and sold it to the shopkeepers in Riverwood, I had a grand total of 1500 septims to my name. Mother and father would have been so proud!

I spent the next few days hunting in Falkreath hold. I discovered another bandit camp south of my other one in this region. I ambushed the bandits during nighttime and managed to kill them all with only a minor arrow wound.

Last Middas, after cooking some venison at my newest camp, I decided I'd hunt to the west, as I had yet to venture out in that direction. I set out and by the evening I was heading back to camp with a decent amount of animal pelts when I came across a stone tower standing alone in the wilderness. I approached the tower quietly with my bow in hand, ready to fire. Inside the tower was nothing but a single tree and a chest. As I checked the chest for a lock, it attacked me.

It looked like a bunch of tree twigs arranged in the shape of a woman's body. It was radiating green light. As I drew an arrow back, I was blinded by a green flash of... I don't know what. When I regained my vision, it was gone. Then it attacked me from behind, draining the life from me. I blacked out and woke up here, in the Sleeping Giant Inn. Delphine says a hunter brought me here and said he found me dying on the side of the road.

Thank Talos for that man. He undoubtedly saved my life, just as I had saved Ancola's life that one night. I have him to thank for my life. I'm about to head out and start hunting again. This time, I won't let my curiosity get the better of me. I still want to find out what that... creature was though. I suppose I'll ask around. Delphine may know something about it!

Friday is My Day!

- Turdas, 4th of Heartfire, 4E 201

The stars are so bright at this time of night. Skyrim is so beautiful when it's like this. Peaceful and quiet. All you can hear is the sound of the nighttime bugs, singing their soothing songs.

I left the Sleeping Giant Inn yesterday, restocked on steel arrows, and returned to Falkreath hold to hunt. I've taken a liking to Falkreath. Deer seem to roam the wilds of that region in much more abundance than the woods around Riverwood.

I had downed three or four elk before coming across a lone cabin in the wilderness. Outside the cabin was a fallen tree and two charcoaled corpses. They reminded me of my mother the last time I'd seen her. I quickly erased the image of her from my mind and proceeded into the cabin. The interior of the cabin was furnished with only a bed and a dresser. Under the bed was a book that gave me a few new ideas for bartering with shopkeepers. Maybe these new ideas could get Alvor to lower his prices on archery equipment. As if!

On the dresser laid a silver necklace and a note. The note was written by a man who said he and his wife had spotted a dragon flying over their cabin numerous times. She wanted to flee their home, but he assured her that wasn't necessary. A dragon? Could they have really spotted a dragon, or were they just hitting the mead a little too hard? I shuttered at the thought of a dragon attacking the little cabin I was standing in.

I left the cabin and placed the silver necklace and a red mountain flower beside the corpses.

"Rest in peace, friends. Talos be with you." I muttered. I spent the rest of the day hunting, then returned to Riverwood in the evening to sell my surplus.

Today, I had a very prosperous time in the wilderness. It seemed as if I was stumbling upon deer after deer after deer. I managed to haul at least fifteen pelts back to Riverwood. They netted me a good amount of coin. After selling them all to Alvor, I headed to the inn to speak with Delphine about the mysterious creature I'd encountered last week.

Delphine was not in her usual position behind the counter when I entered the inn. Orgnar said she had headed out to Whiterun to speak to a man by the name of Farengar. As I turned around to leave, he stopped me and asked me if I was looking for work. He handed me a bounty letter and told me some of the Jarl's men dropped a case of these off today.

The bounty ordered the murder of a leader of bandits located in Redoran's Retreat. Orgnar marked the bandits' hideout on my map for me and I was off. I'm still pondering whether or not I should accept the bounty. I barely made it out of the mine alive last week, but I feel I may as well try. The bounty says these bandits have been harassing, robbing, and attacking citizens and visitors. I cannot let that continue to happen. I'll scout Redoran's Retreat tomorrow and see what I'm going up against before attacking. I've got butterflies in my stomach. If it wasn't for these bugs' lullaby, I'd probably never fall asleep tonight. Good thing I don't have to worry about that!

Friday is My Day!

- Fredas, 5th of Heartfire, 4E 201

The bed here at the Bannered Mare is so comfortable. It's nice to sleep indoors for a change. Not having to worry about being awoken by a large animal or a group of bandits is amazing.

I arose early in the morning today. The sun had yet to peak over the mountains to the east before I was on my way to Redoran's Retreat. I passed much potential game on my way to the bandits' hideout. Resisting the urge to hunt was difficult, but I knew I needed to preserve my arrows for whatever lied ahead.

On my way to the Retreat, I witnessed two gigantic mammoths following a huge, pale man. My father once told me a story of men just like this who herd mammoths. The beasts were huge. I wondered how many arrows it would take to down such monsters. They were at least double my size, so I doubt it would take long for them to crush me. Still, an elf can dream!

I finally made it to the hideout and was relieved to find no one guarding the place. I entered with caution, trying to keep a silent as possible. Luckily, the place was dimly lit, so there was no need to remove any torches. I made my way into the first room of the Retreat to find a lone Dunmer tending a bar and a dog lounging on some animal pelts.

My father and I used to hunt with a dog when I was a kid. We never named him, but he always responded when we whistled. One day, my father landed a few arrows into a bear before it took notice of him. When it did, it charged at him full speed. As my father began to retreat to a position of greater height, the bear tackled him. Right before the monster tore into him, the dog attacked the beast. My father escaped mostly unharmed, but I can't say the same for the dog. At least he died a hero.

I took aim at the dog first, then the Dunmer. It only took a few arrows to neutralize the both of them, then I waited. Luckily, no one came running in to investigate the commotion. I waited a few more minutes. No one.

I proceeded to delve deeper into the hideout when I came into a decent sized room which housed two bandits. One male Nord was patrolling the entrance of the room, while a rather short Redguard woman in steel armor sat by a campfire eating salmon steak.

I snuck past the Nord when he had his back turned and found a nice, dark corner to strike from. It took two arrows to bring the Nord to his knees and by that time, the Redguard was searching intently for his killer. I readied an arrow and assessed the situation. The woman had a full set of steel armor equipped except for a helmet. I knew the only way I was going to bring her down was if every arrow I sent in her direction struck her head.

I took aim and fired. The arrow landed exactly where I needed it to go. I readied a second arrow and took the shot. The arrow clanked as it struck her armor. She met eyes with me and laughed. She then charged me with a war-axe in one hand and a staff in the other. I avoided her first blow and did what I could to put distance between the two of us. As I prepared another arrow, she shot two fireballs out of her staff in my direction. One hit me square in the chest, causing me to drop the arrow. I bit my lip to hold in a scream of agonizing pain. I wasn't giving her the satisfaction of knowing she'd hurt me.

I reached into my sheathe and pulled out another steel arrow. I set it in my quiver as fast as possible and took the shot. At that moment, it seemed as if the world stopped. As if time moved much more slowly. I watched in awe as the arrow flew straight into her eye socket, blood soaring in all directions. She fell on the dirt kicking and screaming, begging for mercy.

She left quite the puddle of blood behind, but alas, she was dead. I looted as much gear as I could carry and lugged it all the way to Whiterun. Upon entering Whiterun for the first time, I couldn't help but over hear a man in the same strange red leather armor I had seen the mercenary that was traveling with the couple to a wedding in Solitude wearing arguing with a woman about swords for the Imperial army. Why would a mercenary worry about filling an order of weapons for the Imperial army? Unless, he wasn't a mercenary at all. If he wasn't a mercenary, then what was he?

I spent the rest of the day wondering about the man while making trips from Redoran's Retreat to Whiterun to sell all of the bandits' gear. I made a good fortune off their things, then went up to the Jarl's palace to collect the bounty from his steward, Proventus. On my way there, I took notice of a man shouting all sorts of praise for Talos in front of a shrine dedicated to him. I prayed at the shrine, then left a stamina potion there as an offering.

Proventus Avenicci awarded me 500 septims for my hard work, and I thanked him. I ate a leg of goat and knocked back a botttle of mead for dinner, and here I am. I can't help but feel proud of myself. I came into this province with noting but the clothes on my back, and now I have 2,500 septims to my name. 2,500! I know mother and father would be so proud. I'll see if the innkeeper here has any bounties tomorrow, but for now, I'm gonna let the bard downstairs sing me to sleep. He's actually quite good.

Friday is My Day!

- Sundas, 14th of Heartfire, 4E 201

I'm about to head off to fulfill another bounty I picked up from Hulda this morning, but I figured I'd sit down and write about what's happened the past week.

I woke up at 8 last Loredas morning. I planned on hitting the shops in Whiterun to see what I could find. Adrianne at Warmaiden's had a nice set of steel gauntlets that would have improved my archery skills, but I'm more of a light armored elf myself. Heavier armor just slows me down, making it more difficult to keep up with my prey.

After turning down Adrianne's offer on the gauntlets, I ran into the man with the red leather armor. I greeted him politely and he asked me a rather odd question.

"Gray-Mane or Battle-Born?" he asked. Confused, I asked what he meant. He told me there were two rival clans in Whiterun, the Gray-Manes and the Battle-Borns, then asked the question again. I still had no idea what to say, so I chose solely on which name sounded more prestigious.

"Battle-Born," I answered. He welcomed me with open arms and told me he knew I was a sharp one since the moment he saw me. I thanked him and proceeded out the gates of Whiterun thinking of ways I could pry information of who he worked for out of him. I hunted in the planes surrounding Whiterun for the rest of the day until I came across group of three deer. I landed an arrow into one before it fled and the chase was on, but it turns out I wasn't the only predator after the deer.

I watched as the sabre cat tore into the deer, leaving nothing behind but a scrambled pile of flesh. Then, the beast turned its attention to me. We exchanged glares for at least ten minutes, then it attacked. I attempted to use my Bosmer born power of Command Animal on the savage, but it was no use. I used it on a pack of wolves that were charging me not even a full day earlier. As its razor sharp teeth and lengthy claws ripped me apart, I knew I was dead. After a good thirty seconds of tearing into me, the cat left me there to die. I waited a few minutes, then forced myself off the ground and back to Whiterun, holding my wounds tightly so my insides didn't pour out of my body.

A healer at the Temple of Kynareth healed me to the best of her abilities and I spent the next week in bed at the Bannered Mare reading a book about mysterious people called Nightingales. I think it's a just a tale, but you never know. I suppose they could be real. Thank Talos I'm still alive. Not many people can say the same after having such an encounter with a sabre cat.

Yesterday morning, I finally felt ready to hunt again. I bought a set of orcish arrows from Adrianne and was off. I don't really favor the way these arrows look, but they feel a bit more sturdy than their steel counterparts. I didn't run into anymore sabre cats that afternoon, but I did come across many deer. I was hauling an abundance of pelts back to Whiterun that evening when I stumbled upon two bandits camped under a collection of rocks that shielded them from the weather.

I found a nice vantage point over them and let the arrows fly. The lightly-armored woman went down without much resistance, but I'm afraid I can't say the same for her heavily-armored comrade. The orcish arrows did a decent job of piercing his iron armor, but he wasn't going down without a fight. He struck my side with his mace and I could feel the blood begin to pour out. I climbed a rather large group of rocks and was out of his reach. I shot arrow after arrow into him until he finally dropped.

I stripped him of his armor and lugged it back to their camp. I found a chest there with a rather difficult lock on it. I managed to pick it with a mere two lock picks remaining, but inside I found a stamina potion, an orcish dagger, and a gold and ruby necklace. I was excited. I knew I could put the stamina potion and dagger to use, plus the necklace looked quite valuable. As I turned away from the chest, I saw three figures in the distance approaching the camp, weapons unsheathed. I grabbed the valuables and ran all the way to Whiterun.

I sold the necklace to Belethor at the general goods store and my extra steel dagger to Adrianne. I made 263 septims, not including what I made off the animal pelts. I was ecstatic! I prayed at Talos' shrine for a bit then headed to the Bannered Mare for the night.

I earned a bit of coin running an errand for Adrianne this morning and I've spent the rest of the day at the shrine of Talos. Now it's mid-afternoon and I just picked up another bounty letter. The jarl wants a group of bandits at Silent Moons Camp, west of Whiterun, taken out. I'll venture west tonight and ambush them under the blanket of night. Talos guide me on my journey and shield me from any sabre cats. I don't think I'd survive another mauling!

Hey, good stuff man! I really like the dialogue and interactions that doesn't really happen in-game that you are adding in. Those are really adding a lot to your story. I really have wanted to make a journal for a while because I think I have developed a really interesting character in my redguard warrior, but alas, I don't have the time for it. So I am living vicariously through you now, since bigwooly's journal seems to have died.

Keep it up, this is really interesting and well written. I look forward to seeing your next entry! :)

Friday is My Day!

'
Hey, good stuff man! I really like the dialogue and interactions that doesn't really happen in-game that you are adding in. Those are really adding a lot to your story. I really have wanted to make a journal for a while because I think I have developed a really interesting character in my redguard warrior, but alas, I don't have the time for it. So I am living vicariously through you now, since bigwooly's journal seems to have died.

Keep it up, this is really interesting and well written. I look forward to seeing your next entry! :)

Thanks man, it means so much. I'm lucky enough to have the time to do this. If you ever find the time to start a journal up, I'd be more than happy to check it out! I'm about to begin playing and today's entry should be up later. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Friday is My Day!

- Morndas, 15th of Heartfire, 4E 201

Another successful bounty complete. After finishing up yesterday's entry, I took a quick nap and headed west. I approached the camp as the sun set and took a minute to scout out the area.

Silent Moons Camp was huge. The exterior was basically just a giant stone staircase leading up to a ceiling-less dome containing a blacksmith's forge. A door on the left side of the staircase led into the ruins themselves, but I planned on eliminating all of the enemies outside before proceeding inside.

The only bandits I could see were two lightly-armored Nords standing a good distance apart. I managed to kill one of the brigands without the other noticing. I wasn't so lucky with the next bandit though. As soon as my arrow struck him, he took to his knee and screamed in agonizing pain. Two women, one Dunmer and one Breton, heard his call and ran down the stone steps to his aid. He pointed them in my direction and the fight began.

The Dunmer pulled out a bow of her own while the Breton casted the same spell the Argonian had back at the mine near Riverwood. The Breton then stood back as her friend tried her hardest to hit me with her arrows. Unfortunately for her, she needed much more practice with her bow and had three arrows protruding from her chest by the time she set her second arrow into her quiver. She fell to the ground, drowning in a pool of her own blood. The Breton then rushed me and sprayed me down with a powerful fire spell. I cannot describe the amount of pain I was in. I knew if I didn't get out of there, she would have to bested me.

I took off running in the direction of Whiterun. The Breton followed closely behind, spraying me with flames every chance she had. I soon found myself running out of breath, and she was still close behind. I knew I wasn't going to outrun her all the way to Whiterun. Just then, I heard ground begin to shake. Something huge was nearby. I surveyed the area to find a lone mammoth wandering near a freshwater spring. I ran to the mammoth with my last remaining amount of energy and commanded it to attack the woman. It followed my orders precisely and soon the woman ran back to her companions, tailed by a mammoth. I chuckled at the thought of their faces when they see a mammoth charging straight at them.

I slept at the Bannered Mare and awoke early this morning. I prayed at the Shrine of Talos until Adrianne opened up her shop, then restocked on arrows and set out for Silent Moons Camp to see what damage the mammoth had done. Upon arriving at the camp, the first thing I saw was a mammoth carcass lying still at the bottom of the stone steps. I was perplexed. How did they manage to kill one of those behemoths? Strength in numbers, I suppose, but it scared me. If a mammoth wasn't able to stop this group of highwaymen, would I? I contemplated turning back to Whiterun and forgetting this bounty, but I decided I wasn't going to let a group of bandit garbage scare me. I was going to have their leader's head on a pike, or die trying.

I proceeded up the stairs cautiously, checking my flanks as I went. I stopped before entering the dome, as it would have been a perfect place for an ambush. Instead, I scaled the sides of the dome until I reached the top. The Breton was forging armor at a rather unique looking forge while a brother Bosmer with a wooden bow and a sheathe of steel arrows strapped to his back patrolled the entrance of the dome. I had to make a critical choice: kill the Bosmer who looked to be quite the skilled archer and leave the Breton who nearly burnt me to a crisp last night, or vice versa. I didn't want to have a one on one battle with either of them, but I had an advantageous position over them and if I had to choose, I'd rather be killed by a better archer.

I readied an orcish arrow and slung it straight through the Breton's skull. She was dead in a heartbeat, and a second later the true test of skill had begun. The Bosmer already had an arrow ready by the time I turned my attention to him and I barely dodged it. I readied an arrow to retaliate, then my thigh exploded. I tried to ignore the pain, but it was so hard. It felt like the Breton had set the interior of my leg on fire with her magic, but I couldn't let that be the end. I had come so far from Valenwood, I was making a living for myself here in Skyrim. I was making my parents proud.

I set another arrow into the quiver of my bow as fast as I could, and let it fly. It pierced the Bosmer's stomach and a river of blood began pouring out. He fled the dome and ran down the stone steps. I wasn't letting him get away. I grabbed a single steel arrow out of my sheathe and set it in my quiver. I pulled back my bow string as far as it would go and waited for the perfect shot. Time was running out. He was almost down the steps. I finally released the arrow and it flew in a perfect spiral all the way until it met the Bosmer's neck. He fell to the ground, unmoving. What a shot.

"I'm sorry, brother elf, but you chose this path. You chose the path that inevitably led you to this death." I muttered to myself. I then removed his arrow from my thigh and proceeded into Stone Moons Camp and finished off the rest of the bandits fairly easily. Even the leader wasn't much of a problem. I believe that was Talos' way of rewarding me for my victory over the Bosmer.

I managed to make two trips from the hideout to Whiterun to sell the bandits' armor and weaponry. I found a book near the forge calling it The Lunar Forge. The book says that any weapons crafted in this particular forge take on the characteristics of a vampire, gaining abilities while the moon is out. If only the bandits had crafted a bow with such abilities! All I found was a couple of maces, but I'm sure Adrianne will give me a good price for them if what they book says is true. I think I'll show it to her just in case she doesn't believe me.

I also managed to pick a moderately difficult lock that lead to a room containing quite a few valuables. I think my lock picking skills are improving! I'll pick up the reward from Proventus Avenicci and strip this place of everything else remotely valuable tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to enjoy this mead and cooked venison. This mead isn't the cheap stuff Hulda sells at the Bannered Mare either. Black-Briar is what this is! I usually wouldn't spend the coin on mead like this, but the bandits had a whole case of it in the locked room. Bless you Talos!

Friday is My Day!

- Tirdas, 16th of Heartfire, 4E 201

My eyes are heavy and I'm eager to sleep, but I figured I'd make a short entry for the day. I awoke around 4 this morning and collected as many valuables from Silent Moons Camp as possible. I hauled them all the way to Whiterun and made a very good amount of coin off of them.

I recently started noticing my bow no longer slows my target when I strike them. I knew not much of enchanting, so I asked Adrianne if she knew why my bow's enchantment seemed to have worn off. She also did not know much of enchanting, but pointed me to Farengar Secret-Fire, the court wizard. This must have been the man Delphine came up here to talk to. Maybe she needed her enchantment renewed as well!

I picked up my reward from Proventus Avenicci and asked him of I could speak to Farengar. He obliged and pointed me to his study. He was a tall Nord with a hood covering a good bit of his face. I still managed to make eye contact and greet him politely though, then asked him why my frost enchantment seemed to have worn off. He chuckled and told me that it probably did. He explained that enchantments tire after prolonged use, and the only way to renew one was to use a filled soul gem on it. I asked him where I could find one of these soul gems, then he assured me he kept a good supply of them. I should have known it was going to cost me some coin, but I believe it was a good investment.

After dropping 1,000 septims on one of Farengar's soul gems, I browsed his selection of spell tomes. He had spells from every school of magic. One in the Illusion school caught my eye. It was called Muffle, and if casted correctly, it would silence my footsteps for 180 seconds. This would give me a huge advantage over my opponents. I gave Farengar another 200 septims for the tome and left a happy elf.

I hunted west of Whiterun for the rest of the day and came across a shrine dedicated to Stendarr, God of Righteous Might, late in my hunt. The shrine was covered in gems and gold, but I resisted taking any of the valuables. They weren't for me, they were for Stendarr.

I returned to Whiterun as the sun set and sold my surplus to the shopkeepers. I then sat down on a bench near the shrine of Talos and began reading my new spell tome. I finished it up around 10 and headed to the inn. I wanted to test out the spell, but I knew better than to cast magic inside the gates of Whiterun. People in Skyrim don't take kindly to magic of any kind, so I've heard.

I ordered an ale from Hulda and sat down near a Redguard man who introduced himself as Amren. He asked me if I ever tried mercenary work, and I told him I haven't. He then informed me that a group of bandits stole a family sword that his father wielded and he tracked them to a nearby cave.

"If you happen by it in your travels, I would be ever so grateful if you returned it to me." he said. I told him I'd sleep on it and get back to him in the morning. He thanked me full of joy, then returned home to his family.

I'm still tossing the idea back in forth in my head. Do I really want to risk my life for this man's family sword? Would he even reward me for retrieving it? Wait, what's wrong with me? I've let my good fortune turn me greedy. I don't do what I do for coin. I do what I do for the benefit of other people. I'm going to get a good night's rest then head out in the morning. It should be a good opportunity to put my new spell to the test anyway. Talos guide me.

DragonSlayer798

A Blade In The Shadows
The nightmares still haunt me. I can still hear the screams of the people of Whiterun. That was the day I turned into a werewolf the day....hell broke loose. It was the first of frost fall, I could hear Skyjor's warning that i all but ignored."Try to overcome your hunger and follow us to the wilds." I disobeyed i let my rage and thirst for blood take over and i slaughtered everyone, Whiterun is nothing but a ghost town now. I want nothing more than to write my wrongs but alas i can not. Now i'm cursed, cursed to walk Skyrim as beast and not as a man. Even now i feel the moon's call luring me to that state of mind. I blame no one but myself. If i had not become a werewolf those people would've lived and now.....now i.....now i can never be a human again, may the gods forgive me and may Hircine welcome me, with open arms.

Friday is My Day!

The nightmares still haunt me. I can still hear the screams of the people of Whiterun. That was the day I turned into a werewolf the day....hell broke loose. It was the first of frost fall, I could hear Skyjor's warning that i all but ignored."Try to overcome your hunger and follow us to the wilds." I disobeyed i let my rage and thirst for blood take over and i slaughtered everyone, Whiterun is nothing but a ghost town now. I want nothing more than to write my wrongs but alas i can not. Now i'm cursed, cursed to walk Skyrim as beast and not as a man. Even now i feel the moon's call luring me to that state of mind. I blame no one but myself. If i had not become a werewolf those people would've lived and now.....now i.....now i can never be a human again, may the gods forgive me and may Hircine welcome me, with open arms.

Wow, that was really good! How interesting... I don't know if you posted this on my forum to get my opinion or if it was an accident but it's really good! Are you planning on turning this into a fan fiction or something?

DragonSlayer798

A Blade In The Shadows
Morndas, 17th of Morning Star I have recently obtained the Ebony mail from the Dadriec Prince Bolethiea, but the cost was great. I was instructed to bring someone to the sacrificial pillar and kill them. i had gone to Riverwood to search and asked Ferghnad to accompany me, but the guards didnt take.....kindly to me showing my face, they were no challenge lopped there heads off in a single swoop but Alvor....that idiot Alvor stepped up to face me. My dear friend had rasied his blade against me i had striked his leg and had mercliessley killed him, but what pained me most was watching his daughter cry over his corpse, so i took my leave, and didn't look back. we arrived back at the temple in a couple hours, and i had Ferghnad bound in seconds i took a sacrifical blade and drove it through his heart. His final words were "Why?" and i simply and emoitionlessly replied "Power" before he slipped away. Then the goddess had shown herself and had sent me directly to kill her previous champian to kill him i did it without a single thought and my reward was power. Was it worth it, i dont know but i was put on this earth for a reason and if its to betray and kill, so be it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts