Destiny:bomb or bust?predictions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'm not sure if anyone posted about this as I don't really want to wade through more then 10 pages,but what do y'all think?will it be great enough to rival halo,cod,and gears or will it be a bust that people regret buying?

Personally I'm excited to see what bungie has to offer after dropping halo.classes look KA from what I've seen and looks to be a solid all-round game.here's to hoping for an excellent addition to my collection :)

Riven326

I may be of the minority opinion on this, but I believe it will exceed Halo. Bungie are a best-in-class developer. I expect noting less than excellence from those guys.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
Destiny is going to redefine how we play shooters socially. The matchmaking system they have been teasing is like something out of a gamer's best dream. Essentially, you are playing along in a "Shared world" rather than game servers; Meaning players will be added seamlessly to your game (and you to theirs) as you get involved in the war surrounding the storyline. A full on shooter/RPG/MMO that takes the best things from each and leaves the scraps for the dogs? I'm sold. Particularly with the Xbox One version, as the world itself will exist in the cloud so the RAM can go to making the personal experience just that much better.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Wow, you'd think this thread was an advertisement for Bungie. o_O

I think it'll be good, Bungie hasn't really ever disappointed, but I don't think it'll be groundbreaking or the best thing ever. It'll borrow heavily from Halo, this I already know, and it looks to me with a bit of other games. Sure, the MP thing seems cool and I am interested to see how that will work out. It certainly won't "redefine how we play shooters" because a lot of games coming out have this drop-in style MP which I like, but plops, don't put Bungie on a pedestal.

I'm not even that excited and it's probably not on my top 3 can't wait list but I will try it nonetheless, I just think if you expect a completely ground breaking and innovative experience from Bungie then you will be gravely disappointed ... unless of course you thought all the Halo games were COMPLETELY different.

I don't think it'll be a bust but I don't think it'll be "bomb", either.

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
I didn't say "shooters" crookskin, I said "Shooters socially". The difference is not merely the drop-in matchmaking, but the role-play and MMO aspects that games such as Titanfall (which also has me excited) aren't bringing to the table.

That said, it probably should be noted that any game coming out might not turn out to be as good as it looks on paper.

Riven326

I think it'll be good, Bungie hasn't really ever disappointed, but I don't think it'll be groundbreaking or the best thing ever. It'll borrow heavily from Halo, this I already know, and it looks to me with a bit of other games. Sure, the MP thing seems cool and I am interested to see how that will work out. It certainly won't "redefine how we play shooters" because a lot of games coming out have this drop-in style MP which I like, but pl***, don't put Bungie on a pedestal.

I'm not even that excited and it's probably not on my top 3 can't wait list but I will try it nonetheless, I just think if you expect a completely ground breaking and innovative experience from Bungie then you will be gravely disappointed ... unless of course you thought all the Halo games were COMPLETELY different.

I"m not putting Bungie on a pedestal. I'm just giving credit where it's due.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

I think it'll be good, Bungie hasn't really ever disappointed, but I don't think it'll be groundbreaking or the best thing ever. It'll borrow heavily from Halo, this I already know, and it looks to me with a bit of other games. Sure, the MP thing seems cool and I am interested to see how that will work out. It certainly won't "redefine how we play shooters" because a lot of games coming out have this drop-in style MP which I like, but pl***, don't put Bungie on a pedestal.

Sounds a lil like fanboying to me. Halo 1 and 2 were great, awesome, loved em, the latter more so but everything else they made was either just a hair above average or pretty lackluster. Anyone who says that Bungie is a "best-in-class developer" is fanboying just as much as the ones who say Activision is innovative.

That said, I expect more from Bungie from this title because this is a non-Halo project and since they have been laying pretty low for the past few years. Nothing they have made has been remotely excellence since Halo 2.

Riven326

Sounds a lil like fanboying to me. Halo 1 and 2 were great, awesome, loved em, the latter more so but everything else they made was either just a hair above average or pretty lackluster. Anyone who says that Bungie is a "best-in-class developer" is fanboying just as much as the ones who say Activision is innovative.

That said, I expect more from Bungie from this title because this is a non-Halo project and since they have been laying pretty low for the past few years. Nothing they have made has been remotely excellence since Halo 2.
But they are. Halo wasn't an accident. Even if you don't like their latest efforts, you have to recognize the quality of the mechanics of the games themselves. Halo is tight, responsive, and well balanced. More so than most other FPS titles.

So, I don't think saying they are a best-in-class developer is succumbing to fanboyism. It doesn't mean they are the best, it just means they are one of the best.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

But they are. Halo wasn't an accident. Even if you don't like their latest efforts, you have to recognize the quality of the mechanics of the games themselves. Halo is tight, responsive, and well balanced. More so than most other FPS titles.

So, I don't think saying they are a best-in-class developer is succumbing to fanboyism. It doesn't mean they are the best, it just means they are one of the best.

I really don't understand how you think Bungie, being maybe a just above average developers, can be one the best for 2 games. Anything after Halo 2 was a grasp at straws for them, especially ODST.

Riven326

I really don't understand how you think Bungie, being maybe a just above average developers, can be one the best for 2 games. Anything after Halo 2 was a grasp at straws for them, especially ODST.
ODST was an overpriced expansion pack to Halo 3. That said, both Halo 3 and Halo Reach are top notch games. Like I said, the games play better than most shooters. It's been that way ever since the original Halo. I prefer games like Rainbow Six and Battlefield to Halo, but I can't deny that Halo plays better than both.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

ODST was an overpriced expansion pack to Halo 3. That said, both Halo 3 and Halo Reach are top notch games. Like I said, the games play better than most shooters. It's been that way ever since the original Halo. I prefer games like Rainbow Six and Battlefield to Halo, but I can't deny that Halo plays better than both.

Fair enough, I love Halo 1 and 2 so I know what you're saying, I've only played a little of the rest of them. I differ on what I would consider a "top-notch" game, obviously, as I didn't get that vibe playing Halo 3 or Reach. I find Halo 4 more fun than those 2. I can agree that Bungie had the MP down pat, though.

Riven326

Fair enough, I love Halo 1 and 2 so I know what you're saying, I've only played a little of the rest of them. I differ on what I would consider a "top-notch" game, obviously, as I didn't get that vibe playing Halo 3 or Reach. I find Halo 4 more fun than those 2. I can agree that Bungie had the MP down pat, though.
Aside from the scale being dialed back, I really did enjoy Halo 4's campaign more than Halo 3 and Reach. I can't say the same for the multiplayer. Halo 3 is really more my speed. Everything was just too fast and chaotic in Halo 4's MP, in my opinion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts