Death of wife, trying to get new one.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

youngrichskater

I killed my wife at home because people were saying that was the only way to get a different wife. I killed her by sneaking so I wouldn't get a bounty. People said that I'm suppose to get a letter from the courier and right after that I can get a new wife with the amulet of Mara but it's been a little more then 3 days and a courier hasn't shown up! Her dead body is just laying in my home and it's not dissapering! How long am I suppose to wait until the courier comes? What should I do? I don't know if the console or who the wife was affects it but just to let you know I am playing with a xbox360 and my dead wife is Camilla Valerius. Please help if you know anything.

Adam Warlock

According to UESPWiki , you need PC console commands to remarry after your spouse dies (2nd note at bottom UESPwiki"Marriage")
Only one marriage allowed in normal game play
Hope you have a save to load if you want your wife back

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
According to UESPWiki , you need PC console commands to remarry after your spouse dies (2nd note at bottom UESPwiki"Marriage")
Only one marriage allowed in normal game play
Hope you have a save to load if you want your wife back

Good advice.....but

He killed her. In cold blood. Do you really think that's a basis for a long term relationship? ;)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I always found that to be a serious flaw in the console versions. Only one marriage? Really? What if my spouse during a battle? I can't re-marry? Bethesda needs to really work on this marriage thing, or take it out completely.

Part of the reason I married Mjoll is that she can't die. The other is that she is awesome.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I killed my wife at home because people were saying that was the only way to get a different wife.
Dude, divorce! Seriously, if your marriage is beyond repair, then end it!
But honestly, I have to ask what you were thinking when you started looking for another wife while you were still ma-
Oh wait, in-game.
Lmao. If theres no way then does any of you know if there's going to be a update for this problem?
Don't believe Bethesda has said anything, unfortunately.

Adam Warlock

Lmao. If theres no way then does any of you know if there's going to be a update for this problem?
Take a tip from a guy who`s been married to Ysolda for over 40 levels.
When the luster has worn off at level 81(or you`ve gone werewolf) and sleeping with her no longer gives you anything , you`ve still got an extra house(except for Camilla lol) and 100 gold a day to bank.

Mjoll does indeed make a good wife since she has all the benefits and convenience that a spouse can provide and is likewise an unkillable follower.
You can utilize your murderous impulses to slay her lap dog Aerin.

Otherwise look for a mate who stays INSIDE exclusively because any time spent on the street exposes them to possible death by dragons , vampires , etc.

I just did that yesterday after I found him standing over her as she was sleeping in our bed. He was just staring at her. :confused:

The Riften canal welcomes yet another corpse.

Mjoll does indeed make a good wife since she has all the benefits and convenience that a spouse can provide and is likewise an unkillable follower.

Yeah doesn't marrying Mjoll kind of enter you into a three way marriage between you, Mjoll, and Aerin. Talk about alternative lifestyles.

youngrichskater

I guess it's not a big deal anymore cuz I can make daedric armor and make good money out of it. I don't need my wife anymore...she's just laying in the fire with no clothes on lol. It's a cool decoration I guess. Lol anyway people said you could change your wives clothes if you have different clothes for her. How do you do that? Oh and do some certain dead civilian body's don't dissaperar or is it just random?

Adam Warlock

Living spouses who are not also followers will not wear different clothes than their default outfits unless you use computer console commands.
You can get your wife to respawn and put on her old clothes by emptying her inventory , casting Dead Thrall spell on her(or a raising staff/Ritual Stone to avoid creating ash pile) , and taking her through a door or fast-travel(sometimes twice needed).
Permanent corpses are on certain characters but not others due to the lack of a proper clean-up script to remove the body from the game or sometimes a bug