• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Finally went through with starting the DB Questline and got my DB Armor. While it's nice and all (next time I'll have to join at a lower level since my stuff is so perked up now, the new armor is kind of weak), it strikes me as more of a superhero outfit than an armor. I AM SUPERKILLER!

When I put it on, while I liked the look, I felt like I should be leaping tall building in a single bound and really wonder how I could possibly where it around without announcing "ASSASSIN FOR HIRE HERE!" every time I went anywhere.

Thoughts? I'm assuming that the Nightengale is a bit more subtle. It certainly looks like it.

Daelon DuLac

Nightingale armor more subtle? How?!

I doubt anyone even knows what a DB uniform looks like.
Since I haven't seen it in person in my game, I looked it up on the net and it just looked like black armor w/a cape (nightengale). I just thought the DB armour looked more like a superhero outfit. Just sayin!

Attachments

• nightengalearmor.jpg
    nightengalearmor.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 24
  • dbarmour.jpg
    dbarmour.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 27

Nighthiker77

Hehe.. You get batman or spiderman. The ancient shrouded armor is a lot better, but if you have the muffle enchantment already with high enchanting, the main thing you are getting is the double backstab on the gloves.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Capes = Not Superhero?
I like making my own assassin gear usually just clothes or some light armor, to blend in of course.

Daelon DuLac

Hehe.. You get batman or spiderman. The ancient shrouded armor is a lot better, but if you have the muffle enchantment already with high enchanting, the main thing you are getting is the double backstab on the gloves.
I'm already getting 9x on backstab. The only reason I'd wear the outfit is to look like a superhero and announce my prescience (sic I think I meant presence, although prescience would be pretty cool too!).

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Honestly, they both look wierd, so I never use either of them, I much prefer Linwe's armor, or guild armor. To me the Nightengale stuff is just ridiculous and while guild armor(use the shrouded hood, not cowl) looks somewhat better, it's not by much.

I think the nightingale armor is a lot better looking personally, and the dark brotherhood armor is a little too tight in the crotch area for my tastes.

coinop25

With the cape and the mask, Nightingale Armor definitely looks like a Moon Knight/Batman crossover.

Dark Brotherhood armor's basic gloves have an amazing enchantment for sneak-killing (and the armor rating is better when you get the Ancient set). The rest of the enchantments kind of stink, though, especially boots that just muffle you. Even though the armor rating isn't as good, I prefer the Worn Shrouded Armor so I can enchant it myself.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't like either, I think the Thieves Guild style or Linwe's is more assassin like. Makes you look like a Rouge.

Linwe.png

I'm just not a fan of the Dark Brotherhood tights, "Fear me, in my tight leather outfit, which is especially tight around the ass."

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I think the Nightingale armor looks really good on female characters. Also, the Shrouded Robes for the DB aren't bad, although I've only ever seen them on Festus. The Shrouded hood is definitely better than that tight cowl-type thing they give you, it looks a lot like Linwe's hood but matches the robes. Again, I think it looks better on females though.

As far as the actual DB armor goes: again, looks better on females. :D On guys, it reminds me of Spiderman, like you were saying. Too tight and crime-fighter-ish :D

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
ScreenShot165.bmp

This is where mods come in.

I got utterly tired of the whole 'dark shadow rogue assassins with hoods' fanatism over the years and literally puke at the sight of the Nightingale, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood set. Simple yet well designed outfits are really hard to find.

PS: I might make an exception on the DB robes, but the robes alone, not even the goddamn hood that goes with it. >.>

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Finally went through with starting the DB Questline and got my DB Armor. While it's nice and all (next time I'll have to join at a lower level since my stuff is so perked up now, the new armor is kind of weak), it strikes me as more of a superhero outfit than an armor. I AM SUPERKILLER!

When I put it on, while I liked the look, I felt like I should be leaping tall building in a single bound and really wonder how I could possibly where it around without announcing "ASSASSIN FOR HIRE HERE!" every time I went anywhere.

Thoughts? I'm assuming that the Nightengale is a bit more subtle. It certainly looks like it.
On any assassin I make, I only would wear it the night of my kills. No one suspected a thing haha as I stalked the target from a distance, or sometimes sitting right next to them :) But yeah I feel it would be painfully obvious if you just walked around in the Shrouded.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I do wonder what they were thinking when they designed some of this armor, DB armor especially. An assassin, if they wear armor at all, should blend in or wear dark colors so as to better conceal oneself in the shadows. I don't think red should even be considered unless you're an assassin that only attacks outdoors in the fall.

It makes me think the costume designers were more interested in what looks cool than in what looks practical and realistic.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I do wonder what they were thinking when they designed some of this armor, DB armor especially. An assassin, if they wear armor at all, should blend in or wear dark colors so as to better conceal oneself in the shadows. I don't think red should even be considered unless you're an assassin that only attacks outdoors in the fall.

It makes me think the costume designers were more interested in what looks cool than in what looks practical and realistic.
Couldn't Agree more, I would have much rather had flat black, though maybe they wanted the appearance to differ from Nightingale Armor?

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
That armor looks incredible. How does it look on females?

Roughly the same, adapted to the forms of course, but remains with the 'well equipped adventurer' feeling. The gloves have nothing to do with the armor set actually, but since this one was into dwarven weapons and machinery it was a little plus to add.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts