• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Now I have looked through quite a few posts & google searches now, & have come across the rare post of someone having this happen to them as it has happened to me. I've had this occur about 4 or 5 times now, & this is what I have learned. It always seems to happen after completing the entire Main Quest of the Dawnguard DLC. Some random amount of time down the road I will be in a battle of some sort. And the screen flashes red & says I am now suffering the ill effects of being a vampire in the sunlight. If you check the Active Effects section of the menu it shows some of the vampire effects active, but not all. Also keep in mind that in this state your health/magicka/stamina should be slowly depleting as well, but do not. However health/magicka/stamina do not regenerate. I also don't recall the vampire stages progressing as time went on either. None of the NPC's seemed to notice or care no matter how much time passed. I WANT IT TO BE CLEAR that I was a Werewolf each & every time I got the Vampirism. So I should have been immune to disease regardless.

Now I would like to know if this is just a big f-up of a glitch & I now know it's just that simple? Or if anyone else has had this or something similar happen to them, & may know more than I do?

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
If what you're asking is why the health/stamina/magica don't regenerate it's because when you're a vampire in the sun they don't regenerate. Use potions or go inside.

Being a vampire in Dawnguard is a lot different that vampirism in Skyrim before the DLC. No one cares if you're a vampire (unless you go into vampire Lord mode) I've been a vampire in Dawnguard for a while now and I've never experienced magicka/health/stamina randomly depleating of its own accord. I can't tell if it happens to you or not by the way the post is worded.

Hope I explained it somewhat.

If what you're asking is why the health/stamina/magica don't regenerate it's because when you're a vampire in the sun they don't regenerate. Use potions or go inside.

Being a vampire in Dawnguard is a lot different that vampirism in Skyrim before the DLC. No one cares if you're a vampire (unless you go into vampire Lord mode) I've been a vampire in Dawnguard for a while now and I've never experienced magicka/health/stamina randomly depleating of its own accord. I can't tell if it happens to you or not by the way the post is worded.

Hope I explained it somewhat.

I appreciate the effort. But I am aware that those attributes don't regenerate when you're a legit vampire. This is 100% glitch. I'm a werewolf, who sided with the Dawnguard, Killed Serana's father, & did not ask Serana to turn me. Then randomly the screen flashes red & I suddenly have some attributes of a vampire, but not all. I have no physical traits of a vampire. And when I complete the quest to remove the vampirism, nothing changes.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Ahhh I understand you now. Didn't realise you were actually a Werewolf. Sorry I couldn't help more. :sadface:

Ahhh I understand you now. Didn't realise you were actually a Werewolf. Sorry I couldn't help more. :sadface:

It's okay. It's seems to be a fairly rare glitch. In all my research I've only seen 2 or 3 posts that were close to my problem. And I just finished installing the new patch for Skyrim. So hopefully that will fix the issue.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
It's okay. It's seems to be a fairly rare glitch. In all my research I've only seen 2 or 3 posts that were close to my problem. And I just finished installing the new patch for Skyrim. So hopefully that will fix the issue.

It did happen to me also and it is a rare glitch. I was a werewolf and contracted vampirism. I had to reload my game and I used another tactic to fight vampires : sneaking, slow time shout, stendarr’s aura around me and kill them with bow from distance or sword while still in slow time. Since I started to use that tactic, it never happened again. Hope this help.

It did happen to me also and it is a rare glitch. I was a werewolf and contracted vampirism. I had to reload my game and I used another tactic to fight vampires : sneaking, slow time shout, stendarr’s aura around me and kill them with bow from distance or sword while still in slow time. Since I started to use that tactic, it never happened again. Hope this help.

Not only is it rare. It never seems to be the same for any 2 players. For instance, my random vampirism has never occurred while fighting vampires. I've also now installed Patch 1.9 for my PS3. And it fixed nothing. So now that it's happened a few dozen times, it seems as if it likes to happen after a fast travel, & immediately after accomplishing something important. Whatever the cause, I'm thoroughly sick of this glitch :sadface:

orca45

Not only is it rare. It never seems to be the same for any 2 players. For instance, my random vampirism has never occurred while fighting vampires. I've also now installed Patch 1.9 for my PS3. And it fixed nothing. So now that it's happened a few dozen times, it seems as if it likes to happen after a fast travel, & immediately after accomplishing something important. Whatever the cause, I'm thoroughly sick of this glitch :sadface:

Terrible, so terrible that is still happening after you installed the new freaking patch ! It should not happen at all. Matter of fact you are absolutely right when you said that it did not happen while in combat with vamps. The same happened to me. I was walking to Riften when the screen turned red. Do you know what I think ? I think that Serana bit me somehow or probably her freaking draining life spell made a vamp because she hit me with it while in combat. The fact is that as I said, I reloaded my game and I am not a vamp but it did happen to me around 3 times ... :mad:

Terrible, so terrible that is still happening after you installed the new freaking patch ! It should not happen at all. Matter of fact you are absolutely right when you said that it did not happen while in combat with vamps. The same happened to me. I was walking to Riften when the screen turned red. Do you know what I think ? I think that Serana bit me somehow or probably her freaking draining life spell made a vamp because she hit me with it while in combat. The fact is that as I said, I reloaded my game and I am not a vamp but it did happen to me around 3 times ... :mad:

Ya it seems to mostly occur in randoms battles with Serana as my follower. I also thought it was only when she used her Drain Life Spell. But I gave her the Ebony Blade so both her hands were occupied, & it still happened. It still also happens occasionally after fast travels as well. Either way it is safest to safe often. Cause I don't think there is a way to avoid it other than not completing the Dawnguard Main Quest :sadface:

orca45

Ya it seems to mostly occur in randoms battles with Serana as my follower. I also thought it was only when she used her Drain Life Spell. But I gave her the Ebony Blade so both her hands were occupied, & it still happened. It still also happens occasionally after fast travels as well. Either way it is safest to safe often. Cause I don't think there is a way to avoid it other than not completing the Dawnguard Main Quest :sadface:

I also gave her the Ebony Mail but I am not using Serana anymore. I dropped her at Fort Dawnguard and took away from her everything I gave her ( they are MY PRECIOUS ... like Goluum said .. lol ... ). Serana is now playing “sleeping beauty” waiting for me to come down and kiss her to wake her up from her nightmare vampirism dream because she still does believe she is a vamp even though I cured her ... and it did not work bc she behave as one of them ... she tried to jump and fly and felt off like a bag of potatoes, she does continue sucking her wrist to taste her own iron-taste-blood and she does continue saying : “this is too bright, I don’t know how you stand it .. “ ... beside all that, she is interfering with me combat style sometimes, bc when I want to sneak and kill silently, even though I gave her an enchanted ring with fortify sneaking, she does not wear it and blow my mission putting me in danger of being bitten by her freaking-old-pals-blood-suckers so I decided to fire her ... she is not longer employed by me ... I am very easy going supervisor but I had it with her, so farewell Serana and wait for me on the other side of the moon MANANA ( means : tomorrow in spanish ... lol ... ) :) ...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts