• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dawnguard or Volkihar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
but in their mind they have no other option.
Then better to put them out of their misery, right? Not to mention stop them from killing people who can't defend themselves.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
They don't kill them if they really need to like i am the vampire that turns into a vampire lord and kills town guards because that's what their there for to fight and if they lose what can i do? Other vampires prefer to only attack if you are on their land or you are at war with them

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Then better to put them out of their misery, right? Not to mention stop them from killing people who can't defend themselves.

So what you're trying to tell me is that all vampires are bad and should be put out of their misery because they hunt people for food? Granted some vampires are the bad guys, but not all of them take the bad route. Look at Sybille Stentor for a prime example. She goes after the inmates in castle dour. Anyhow what about none vampires, humans, who kills Horkers, Cows, Chickens and etc? What do you think about the NPC hunters who attacks innocent animals who's minding their own business in the wilderness? Should they be put out of their misery as well?

In the real world diehard animal lovers are disgusted by the Chinese people for putting dogs on their food menus. They kill and then make them their meal. Do we need to put the chinese people out of their misery just because they find dogs tasty?

Janus3003

So what you're trying to tell me is that all vampires are bad and should be put out of their misery because they hunt people for food?
I think it's safe to say that if you have to murder people for some reason, you are a menace to society.
Granted some vampires are the bad guys, but not all of them take the bad route. Look at Sybille Stentor for a prime example. She goes after the inmates in castle dour.
Ah, how noble of her. Totally legal, I'm sure. /sarcasm
Anyhow what about none vampires, humans, who kills Horkers, Cows, Chickens and etc? What do you think about the NPC hunters who attacks innocent animals who's minding their own business in the wilderness? Should they be put out of their misery as well?
Real world terms- humans matter much more than animals. So long as you're using what you kill and obeying laws, I'm perfectly fine with hunting.
Game terms- If your prey all require black gems if you were to trap their souls, then you're doing something very bad.
In the real world diehard animal lovers are disgusted by the Chinese people for putting dogs on their food menus. They kill and then make them their meal. Do we need to put the chinese people out of their misery just because they find dogs tasty?
Different cultures eat different animals, and I see nothing immoral about that. If I were in China, I'd try dog if offered.

EDIT
If you want to make examples of good vampires, you should probably reference Serana before Sybille.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I joined the vampires, because crossbows pale in comparison to my vampiric powers!
The Dawnguard are just a thorn in our side. They aren't even the main antagonist for the vampire questline.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Finally people join and see my point of view. And to Janus3003 you see every single person that has chosen to be a vampire has had the right reason none of them say I joined because I wanted to be part of the bad team. They are not the bad ones they are average like humans e.t.c we kill because we are hungry you kill because you are hungry. They are all the same.

Nirl

Premium Member
i would love to pick a side but I'm still on the fence but i do have to say genocide isn't nice either way you look at it i mean look what happened when Hitler tried it

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
I say go for Vampire because as you know we protect our own people-half of the time and we look after each other humans would give you up in a second for the new best thing.

Nirl

Premium Member
i have played both i was just wondering how many people sided with what
and and i enjoyed both do lean towards the Volkihar but they were bot fun to play through

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Well i have my family and they chose dawn guard first so i wanted to be different and I chose vampires and i made the right chose.

Janus3003

Finally people join and see my point of view. And to Janus3003 you see every single person that has chosen to be a vampire has had the right reason none of them say I joined because I wanted to be part of the bad team. They are not the bad ones they are average like humans e.t.c we kill because we are hungry you kill because you are hungry. They are all the same.
Spoiler - A little disappointed with vampire storyline | Skyrim Forums
Not everyone. Other vampire players have tried them out for the villainous aspect, and when I run a character through the vampire side, it will be to see the other available quests, try out the powers, and also because it will be something my evil character would be interested in.

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
I would probably join the Dawnguard, because the Vampires are...well, bad.

Sure, to the Vampires, the Lord is doing something great for them, one man's murderer is another man's freedom fighter, but what he's trying to do is only beneficial to vampires. The argument is basically Vampires vs everything else on the planet for control on the sun. Besides, they have to kill innocent people to stay alive, which is technically murder.

It's different from hunting animals, for example, because animals aren't sentient, intelligent creatures. Game animals like deer and rabbits don't mourn their dead because they don't feel sorrow like people. A deer won't mourn for its lost brother like a human would.

Humans, on the other hand, are intelligent, and have things that animals don't: morals, and expression of grief. Humans have been killing animals for a long time to stay alive, because they need to. Hunters usually won't regret it because they're just animals.

Besides, they want to blot out the sun. I like the sun! I wouldn't want to block it!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I think it's safe to say that if you have to murder people for some reason, you are a menace to society.

In game terms sometimes it's necessary to murder someone. Look at the dark Brotherhood saga where you had to assassinate the emperor. Do you remember what the guy (Can't remember his name off hand) said after you told him that the job was done? He said that you did a great favor for the empire, which made a lot sense because Mede was driving the empire down to none existent.

Ah, how noble of her. Totally legal, I'm sure. /sarcasm

I guess it is legal since nobody is questioning her, or have done anything to stop her either. Vampires are a abomination to mortals. Do you think for a moment that if the High King knew that his court mage was a vampire that he would just allow her to continue to be his court wizard? Vampirism is a crime where you are condemn to death.

Real world terms- humans matter much more than animals. So long as you're using what you kill and obeying laws, I'm perfectly fine with hunting.
And why do you think humans matter much more than animals? Because we can speak? We have 5 fingers? We can show emotions? Because were intelligent beings? Do you know that Elephants are amongst the world's most intelligent species yet guess what humans do to these intelligent creatures? Uses them for entertainment purposes in circuses, forcing them to do ridiculous tricks to get the crowd attention,and if they don't listen they get tazed, yet according to law it's considered “legal" in the eye of human law.

Game terms- If your prey all require black gems if you were to trap their souls, then you're doing something very bad.

Not really. Falion requires a full black soul gem in order to successfully complete his ritual of turning you back into your original self again. How is that bad? Again this is what I was discussing on my first response to you.

Different cultures eat different animals, and I see nothing immoral about that. If I were in China, I'd try dog if offered.

So whats wrong with vampires hunting down humans (Humans are considered animals after-all) for food? You've just contradicted yourself there.

EDIT
If you want to make examples of good vampires, you should probably reference Serana before Sybille.

Sybille and Serane are both good vampires. Why are you short changing Sybille all of the sudden? You must remember the quest Skyrim:Kill the Vampire - UESPWiki that she gave to you.

Janus3003

In game terms sometimes it's necessary to murder someone. Look at the dark Brotherhood saga where you had to assassinate the emperor. Do you remember what the guy (Can't remember his name off hand) said after you told him that the job was done? He said that you did a great favor for the empire, which made a lot sense because Mede was driving the empire down to none existent.
o_O If you're going to make a moral argument, I suggest you pick better examples than the Dark Brotherhood. I think the world's better off without them.

I guess it is legal since nobody is questioning her, or have done anything to stop her either. Vampires are a abomination to mortals. Do you think for a moment that if the High King knew that his court mage was a vampire that he would just allow her to continue to be his court wizard? Vampirism is a crime where you are condemn to death.
Makes you question if they even know she is a vampire.
"Her vampirism is subtly hinted at in-game, though no one in the Blue Palace seems to be fully aware of it."
Skyrim:Sybille Stentor - UESPWiki

And why do you think humans matter much more than animals? Because we can speak? We have 5 fingers? We can show emotions? Because were intelligent beings?
Because I believe that all plant and animal life was created and placed here for the benefit of humanity.
Do you know that Elephants are amongst the world's most intelligent species yet guess what humans do to these intelligent creatures? Uses them for entertainment purposes in circuses, forcing them to do ridiculous tricks to get the crowd attention,and if they don't listen they get tazed, yet according to law it's considered “legal" in the eye of human law.
I'm not promoting animal cruelty. And regardless of how intelligent an animal is (even dolphins, the most intelligent species on the planet after humans), none of them come close to humanity's capabilities.

Not really. Falion requires a full black soul gem in order to successfully complete his ritual of turning you back into your original self again. How is that bad? Again this is what I was discussing on my first response to you.
Did he? I didn't get turned into a vampire, so I didn't go through the ritual. My meaning, however, was that if you've chosen a life that requires you to kill other humans for your survival, something's messed up in your head.

So whats wrong with vampires hunting down humans (Humans are considered animals after-all) for food? You've just contradicted yourself there.
I haven't. A human is inherently worth more to me than a dog. If I had to choose between saving my pet dog or a total (human) stranger, I'd save the human.

Sybille and Serane are both good vampires. Why are you short changing Sybille all of the sudden? You must remember the quest Skyrim:Kill the Vampire - UESPWiki that she gave to you.
I actually had to look up Sybille when you first mentioned her. And I mentioned earlier that I appreciate the restraint that some vampire characters show in not eating everyone they see, but vampirism is simple to cure in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would much rather they get cured.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
And I mentioned earlier that I appreciate the restraint that some vampire characters show in not eating everyone they see, but vampirism is simple to cure in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would much rather they get cured.
Getting cured is only easy for the player, because if it wasn't a lot of players would be complaining about being stuck a vampire. NPC Vampires have no idea there is a cure, or even hope for one. Why do you think the vampires at Haemar's Shame were begging Clavicus Vile for a cure?

Anyway, about vampires being good or evil, are we seriously arguing about this? Vampires are obviously evil.
I don't care though, because I feel no shame in killing pixels. Being evil is fun in a video game!

Janus3003

Getting cured is only easy for the player, because if it wasn't a lot of players would be complaining about being stuck a vampire. NPC Vampires have no idea there is a cure, or even hope for one. Why do you think the vampires at Haemar's Shame were begging Clavicus Vile for a cure?
Point taken.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts