• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
The name says it all. I am really bad at choosing which DLC's so I needed to create a thread. Which one to purchase and why.

Konvoy

I say both if it's possible. Obviously that's not the question, so I'd have to say Dragonborn based on what I've heard. I have both and I'm just now getting around to doing the non-Vampire Dawnguard quests, and I'll eventually get around to Dragonborn after I've completed a few factions and get my character to a comfortable spot. While the Dawnguard quests are really fun and bring some cool additions to the game, Dragonborn is a much better investment because you open up SO much more content. My favorite part about Dragonborn is that, once you complete the questlines, you have the option to reset perk trees with dragon souls. As I said, the Dragonborn part is based on what I heard. The Dawnguard is fun especially for a Paladin type character or if you want to be a full fledged vampire.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Dawnguard will piss you off several characters later, since you will have to rush through it at level 10 onwards so Vampires don't kill all these people in cities and towns you visit.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Dawnguard for me. I love being a Vampire Lord, and the new perks for both Vampires AND werewolves is badass. I like new content that Dawnguard brings. Being a Vampire Lord, entering a city and vanquishing all that oppose me is pure bliss.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Dragonborn x 10000000!

Okay, I guess I should give actual reasons.

I was very excited for Dawnguard before it came out, and once it did... I was a little disappointed. I can't put my finger on exactly why. But I still haven't completed the main Dawnguard quest, for either side, to this day.

On the other hand, I could not stop playing both the main and side Dragonborn quests once I got it. I was completely enthralled with the new world and people and creatures and everything. Even though it seems the main quest of Dawnguard is longer, and better story-wise, Dragonborn gives you so much more in other respects. A whole new map with tons of new locations and side quests! Craploads of new unique and craftable weapons and armor! New dragon priests! A new house! And possibly the most awesome NPC ever, Neloth!

If I could only keep one DLC for my game, it would be Dragonborn, hands down.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Dragonborn x 10000000!

Okay, I guess I should give actual reasons.

I was very excited for Dawnguard before it came out, and once it did... I was a little disappointed. I can't put my finger on exactly why. But I still haven't completed the main Dawnguard quest, for either side, to this day.

On the other hand, I could not stop playing both the main and side Dragonborn quests once I got it. I was completely enthralled with the new world and people and creatures and everything. Even though it seems the main quest of Dawnguard is longer, and better story-wise, Dragonborn gives you so much more in other respects. A whole new map with tons of new locations and side quests! Craploads of new unique and craftable weapons and armor! New dragon priests! A new house! And possibly the most awesome NPC ever, Neloth!

If I could only keep one DLC for my game, it would be Dragonborn, hands down.
Dragonborn IS awesome. I'll agree to that instantly. I just prefer the darker side of what Dawnguard brings. That's me. What you need to do and what I would suggest is to get all the DLC's whenever you can. The content working together makes Skyrim that much better.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I can't buy both at the same time :sadface:. Thanks for all the suggestions , people :). Btw , I forgot to mention in the earlier post , but can anybody list all the pros and cons of both the DLCs ?

jarif

tbh it dosent matter, your going to get 50% off for ONE WEEK! after that week there both going to have that two digit number. both are important like dawnguard you can fight legendary dragons, vampire lord and all but if you get both im estimated £13 roughly if your in the uk

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
tbh it dosent matter, your going to get 50% off for ONE WEEK! after that week there both going to have that two digit number. both are important like dawnguard you can fight legendary dragons, vampire lord and all but if you get both im estimated £13 roughly if your in the uk

Ikr ? But my parents only allow me to buy one (I'm 13).

doc108

Ikr ? But my parents only allow me to buy one (I'm 13).
My parents let me buy what I want as long as I earned the money for it. I'm 13 as well

jarif

you told me earlier that you have the PS3. What psn card you getting? you only need to get the £15,20 or 25. Im 15 btw, i know whats it like you have to rely on your parents to buy you something and my parents dont let me buy games anymore so i fixed that by getting off my a$$ and go to town with my allowance

jarif

I can't buy both at the same time :sadface:. Thanks for all the suggestions , people :). Btw , I forgot to mention in the earlier post , but can anybody list all the pros and cons of both the DLCs ?
After months off waiting, Bethesda made me watch the dlc rather then paying for it and heres my knowledge.
Dawnguard has improved the vampire side of skyrim where it was boring before and a boring role play but now you even get a skill tree, not only that a castle when you beat the game on the vampire side, you get werewolf perks where you are a true beast, before when you level up to lvl 30, being a werewolf becomes rather weak and boring but now with a skill tree theres a whole new side. The dlc has more fun toys like crossbows,vampire armour and more armour, dragon bone weapons and more weapons, arrows craftable. When you become bored of Ancient dragons, then your answer is legendary and revered dragons and if you check wiki they are both extremely trolling unless your not overpowered. The dawnguard MQ is more memorable because its a story based based where dragonborn is like a mini skyrim version of solestiem but with a MQ. Dont forget Aarvak which is a unique horse since you summon him and you dont have to worry about him dying.
Dragonborn is like Skyrim when you get bored, new things to do, new things to craft and more. A good thing is when you beat the MQ you are able to reset your perks if you get bored

jarif

I like the fact that if your get bored of your characters skills like a warriors skill set for example or is disappointing or something, you can change it without creating a new character, i want use the book to make my character a paladin in the Dawnguard dlc which will be good roleplay fun and open doors of badassery. So you might want to get dragonborn just incase *cheesy wink* :cool: btw depending on what psn card your getting like the £15(sorry but im not american XD), you have room for all the DLC's. Checkout my thread Math In Skyrim | Skyrim Forums hope this helps :) try getting a 20 or 25 if your parents let you or if you decide to get it your self

I have beat both dlcs and I hope my opinion helps you in your decision!

While Dawnguard was a good dlc overall, after I beat it I felt like it fell below expectations. Once the story was over, my appeal with the dlc was over. However I did have quite the obsession with the crossbow though. :D

Dragonborn on the other hand was a steal for twenty dollars! (Once more my opinion). Plenty of other side quests once the story was over and a brand new landscape to roam around in. Since I've bought Dragonborn, I still haven't gone back to the Skyrim mainland.

So overall, there is so much to offer in the Dragonborn dlc!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts