• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Floffsen Volterra

Child of the Madman
Does anyone have any up-to-date information as to whether or not Dawnguard (and/or Hearthfire) is going to make it to the PS3? If not the full DLC, will we get at least some parts of it, like the new Vampire and Werewolf trees?

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Still no positive news. They are working on it, but there is no guarantee it will ever be released for that console. I am currently in the process of picking out a gaming laptop, since I'm tired of the issues related to the PS3. Don't get me wrong, I love playing Skyrim on it, but the limitations (lack of mods, etc) paired with this DLC mess has led me to decide it is time to invest in a new computer.

stagnant94

i don't think i'm buying it anyway, its the month of games, i'll spend my money on far cry 3, assassins creed 3, dishonored and hitman absolution (so pumped for AC3)

Floffsen Volterra

Child of the Madman
i don't think i'm buying it anyway, its the month of games, i'll spend my money on far cry 3, assassins creed 3, dishonored and hitman absolution (so pumped for AC3)

this is true. But at this rate, Bethesda may (and should) give it to PS3 users for free (or VERY cheap) if they do release it, so that should be a plus.
But yes, Assassin's Creed III looks so good! :D

kisn

I would like to share my sincere and utter disappointment in BETHESDA for dropping the ball and letting down so many fans including myself. I truly believe without a doubt that there was a fix for the DAWNGUARD dlc and that the company did not explore all the possible fixes. Although the company has been rather stressed with other games and with working on dlc for the other consoles it is absolutely pathetic that with several months of working with the PS3 dlc content that they supposedly could not find a fix as a whole company, when in a few short weeks people were already modding the DAWNGUARD dlc and have succeeded in making it compatible with the PS3 gaming console. I have played every single elder scrolls game and never have I seen BETHESDA completely and and utterly fail. Again I must stress how sorely disappointed in BETHESDA I am and I know this lack of effort (or even a real apology to the fans) will effect my and other potential game buyers choices when thinking of buying the next elder scrolls game.

Storm777

I would like to share my sincere and utter disappointment in BETHESDA for dropping the ball and letting down so many fans including myself. I truly believe without a doubt that there was a fix for the DAWNGUARD dlc and that the company did not explore all the possible fixes. Although the company has been rather stressed with other games and with working on dlc for the other consoles it is absolutely pathetic that with several months of working with the PS3 dlc content that they supposedly could not find a fix as a whole company, when in a few short weeks people were already modding the DAWNGUARD dlc and have succeeded in making it compatible with the PS3 gaming console. I have played every single elder scrolls game and never have I seen BETHESDA completely and and utterly fail. Again I must stress how sorely disappointed in BETHESDA I am and I know this lack of effort (or even a real apology to the fans) will effect my and other potential game buyers choices when thinking of buying the next elder scrolls game.

You actually feel that Bethesda doesn't like money? That's why they build games and they know how much revenue they will lose because of the incompatibility issue. Even Sony exec's worked with Bethesda to make this work.

I get your frustration, and if the shoe was on the other foot I would realize that maybe consoles aren't the best medium for these type of games.

I'm definitely going to look towards a PC soon myself. My 360 simply freezes up way too much.