• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Verac

read on bethesdas facebook thing they were showing dawnguard gameplay while interviewing todd howard have i missed it? cant find it on youtube? could someone link it please?

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
It was just on G4, only lasted a few minutes, someone should have it on youtube pretty soon. Check if G4 has a website (I'm sure they do, but not sure), if so it's bound to be on there.

Chryss

Chryss

Release date is posted as June 26th for XBox

redrkt

Premium Member
So Per Todd: no release date for the PS3, tell me that this game was not meant to be for Fbox only originally

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Ooh. I've been debating between making my vampire a necromancer or an electromancer, but what he said about the Soul Tear shout is pushing me to necromancer.

However, the winged bestial vampire makes me want to throw away all the planning I've already done and make my vampire an Imperial male named Marcus.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You know what truly pisses me off about the video that Chryss provided for us is in fact that apparently becoming this vampire lord seems to tickle the crap outta a lot of people. I could careless! I want a better storyline. I'm more concern about the result of the Civil war and the mainquest.

I didn't go out buy Skyrim just so I can be flooded with this vampire crap! I fear that this game is turning into a van helsing type of storyline, and not the dragonborn that came to my attention in the first place.

Pray to the divines that this is going to be just a SMALL portion to this so called BIG DLC.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You know what truly pisses me off about the video that Chryss provided for us is in fact that apparently becoming this vampire lord seems to tickle the crap outta a lot of people. I could careless! I want a better storyline. I'm more concern about the result of the Civil war and the mainquest.

I didn't go out buy Skyrim just so I can be flooded with this vampire crap! I fear that this game is turning into a van helsing type of storyline, and not the dragonborn that came to my attention in the first place.

Pray to the divines that this is going to be just a SMALL portion to this so called BIG DLC.

Then don't buy it. Simple.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni

It seems that Dawnguard is introducing an ancient vampire lord returning, possibly, from a plane of Oblivion, with a plot to block out the sun and plunge Tamriel into darkness. I don't know, that seems like a pretty interesting storyline to me.

Regarding the main storyline, it's done. You defeated Alduin; what more is there to do after that? There are still dragons flying about, but that's what the Blades are for. And there cannot be one outcome of the Civil War because there are three different ways to play that storyline. It would be pretty strange if suddenly Ulfric became High King in a DLC when your character had joined the Legion and killed him, wouldn't it?

Skyrim, as is, has almost nothing to do with vampires whatsoever. The original game gives you hundreds of hours of content, while Todd Howard said Dawnguard offers about ten to twenty hours of additional content. It's a small fraction compared to the main quest or any of the other guilds (except, perhaps, the Companions, which couldn't have taken me more than ten hours to complete). So you can hardly call this "flooded with vampire crap."

Like Jersey said: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody's forcing you to. You can very well keep your game relatively vampire-free if that's what you prefer.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

You don't have to become a vampire. In fact, you don't have to buy the DLC. If you don't like the idea, don't play it. But don't whine about it, either. There is no steadfast rule that says companies have to offer DLCs, so I'm just grateful that they do.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

Don't buy it. I, for one, am ecstatic. Can't wait for it to hit PS3.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I'm loving the fact that there will be a werewolf perk tree! Nothing like growing fur and fangs in Skyrim!

Verac

I agree to an extent i love the new content but todd howard REALLY needs better stories. the alduin main story was pathetically written dragon voices cool. evil dragon? cool. but it just was so plain and just...fail even the last rewards arnt worth it. and just plain retarded "OH NOES IM DEAD" you won. now fluff off. thats what i got from the main story.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I agree to an extent i love the new content but todd howard REALLY needs better stories. the alduin main story was pathetically written dragon voices cool. evil dragon? cool. but it just was so plain and just...fail even the last rewards arnt worth it. and just plain retarded "OH NOES IM DEAD" you won. now fu** off. thats what i got from the main story.
The Mainquest story was written poorly (Alduin was very easy to beat, even on master difficulty) and what makes it worst is how even more poor the Civil war was written. All you do is invade forts with one exception of invading/protecting whiterun. Of course at the end you either invade Windhelm or Solitude, and that's it. How fricken boring is that! You should be involved in exiling the Jarls from each city you invade, not just forts alone. Instead of adding these ridiculous vampire lords (They should be NPC) and vampire hunters (A faction) why not improve the quality of the storyline? Thats what my biggest complaint is.

As a player who loves playing as a mage (For each character I take the role as Archmage very seriously) when I enter Sovngarde during the Mainquest I was disappointed to see that I wasn't able to get any details on the 2 archmages that are there. Male Archmage | Female Archmage No name, NOTHING. No identity for me to conduct research on.
I just want a better storyline. That's it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts