Dawnguard final quest not loading

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Please can anybody let me noe if theyre having the same problem n if theyve been able to fix it. After the quest touching the sky when you take the bow seranas suppose to run up to you and start the new quest called kindred judgement but for me she does not start the new quest it only lets me tell her to put her blood on the arrows somebody please help.

THIS IS NOT A BETHESDA BUG! IT IS A POISON PILL MOD DOING THIS!

FIX: If you have trouble with Kindred Judgement not starting after getting Auriels bow, It is a mod conflict. I have proven this out today. Disable all mods. If that doesn't work (as it didnt for me) Uninstall ALL mods, do a complete re-install of skyrim by right clicking on skyrim in steam > Properties > delete local files (through steam), then when that is done delete EVERYTHING in your Steamapps > Common > skyrim folder. It will be like 10 gigs. Then re-download skyrim from scratch. Even my saves all work now. And usually they are corrupted from something like this. Some mod is a poison pill. I'll post which one if I ever figure out which one it was(I had over 100 mods installed). Oh and I tried deleting the "scripts" folder too, that didn't work for me either. I had to re-acquire all the assets from scratch. Life's a beach ain't it? PS If you make mods I should also add that my Creation Kit was all bugged out from this too. And you will have to re-download the CK as well if you do this.

Jezabeel

THIS IS NOT A BETHESDA BUG! IT IS A POISON PILL MOD DOING THIS!

FIX: If you have trouble with Kindred Judgement not starting after getting Auriels bow, It is a mod conflict. I have proven this out today. Disable all mods. If that doesn't work (as it didnt for me) Uninstall ALL mods, do a complete re-install of skyrim by right clicking on skyrim in steam > Properties > delete local files (through steam), then when that is done delete EVERYTHING in your Steamapps > Common > skyrim folder. It will be like 10 gigs. Then re-download skyrim from scratch. Even my saves all work now. And usually they are corrupted from something like this. Some mod is a poison pill. I'll post which one if I ever figure out which one it was(I had over 100 mods installed). Oh and I tried deleting the "scripts" folder too, that didn't work for me either. I had to re-acquire all the assets from scratch. Life's a beach ain't it? PS If you make mods I should also add that my Creation Kit was all bugged out from this too. And you will have to re-download the CK as well if you do this.

I had the same problem with Kindered Judgement not starting, so I wrote to Bethesda technical assistance. Here is the reply I received:

"Unfortunately we do not support modded versions of the game as we do not have any control over those fan made mods.
It is known that mods bring up all kind of problems such as: crash to desktop, freeze, graphical issues and functionality issues.
In order to get rid off those mods you will have to reinstall the game as instructed below.
Disabling mods from the Nexus or the Data Files won't work.

1- Launch Skyrim through Steam and disable the mods in Skyrims launcher by clicking data files and unchecking everything except for Dawnguard.esm or Hearthfire.esm (if you have downloaded the DLCs).
2- Then right-click on the game in the Steam Library and select 'Delete Local Content'.
3- Go to C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/ and delete the Skyrim folder.
4- Restart Steam and in the Library go to the game and select install.

It should now have installed without any of the mods.

NOTE: Reverting back to a save game where the mods are installed, will create the same issues. So if needed,you need to use a save game that was created before installing these mods. "

This might suggest, that it really is a mod conflict. However, as far as I know, this bug appears also on the x-box version of the game, and there are no mods on x-box"

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
This is an old post and this is still happening after 1.9 ... Right now as a vampire the quests will not initiate.

Dayana Sky

PC SOLUTION ONLY. Guys, I've been trying for months to fix this quest and I finally did. So first of all I realized the quest was completely glitched because CuSith was dead. I obtained Auriel's bow, but Kindred Judgement never started. I could speak with Serana about the arrows but no dialogue would come out of it.

So what I figured out to do was bring him back. Open the console command, and type helpCuSith. You will then see a number that says 0501AA78 Next, Type player.placeatme 0501AA78 1

That will bring back CuSith. The reason the quest wouldn't start was only because he was dead, or the other dog Garmr, (so if you lost Garmr do the same with him, his will be a diff number)

Finally now when you set the stage it WILL ACTUALLY WORK, as before it never did. So I just typed in SetStage DLC1VQ08 10

And 10 is where the conversation with Serana begins and the quest starts. I'm so happy to have finally found a solution for this. I hope this helps anyone else who was struggling.

Speaking of CuSith and Garmr being dead, that can create all kinds of strange errors. I'm on PS3 and I had taken CuSith with me on my first Dawnguard DLC playthrough where he was killed by an Ice Spike. Well it didn't effect my game until later when I ended up with 20 pounds of glitched out Elder Scrolls stuck in my inventory. However this is also in part due to my playing on the vampire side. So be careful not to kill CuSith or Garmr!
Also the only fix I know of for console users when running into these glitches and you don't have an old save to reload, is to reset your DLCs. You do this by uninstalling all your Skyrim data, in the PS3 it would be under Game Data. Then you reinstall Skyrim and DO NOT reinstall the DLCs. Load your most recent save. Doesn't matter if it's in a DLC area. It should place your character in The Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood. This means you have successfully reset your game. Now make a hard save inside the Inn. Then you can exit out of the game and reload all DLCs. Then once done, reload the save you made in The Sleeping Giant Inn. Be warned once you leave the Inn if you're at or above level 10, all the DLC quest lines may trigger at once. They did for me. That means you'll have the Orc from Dawnguard in town as well as Miraak's Cultists attacking you and a Courier delivering your Hearthfire letter. So be ready.
Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts