• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

juggalogoth

still no Dawnguard for ps3. my honest opinion this is bull out of all the releases why ps3 last this time? Dawnguard shouldive been release for all systems same day.... so yup Dawnguard is a disaster. what yall opinion?

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Its probably divine intervention. Since Play Stations are made with an ore that is mined by children in the Congo. God is punishing PS3 users by delaying the release of Dawn Guard.

How is it a disaster? Would you rather have Bethesda release a very badly glitched Dawnguard and have no fun at all or have them solve the problem?

El Fonz0

I'll just say it right now.

Some people think that game developers owe them something and all big corporations are evil and only care for your wallets' contents.

Some people just complain for attention. Or for the sake of complaining.

How is it a disaster? Would you rather have Bethesda release a very badly glitched Dawnguard and have no fun at all or have them solve the problem?
Except that the people on the 360 have had it for 2 months now. Any truly bad glitches have been fixed.

And for the record, when DG was released, it was NOT badly glitched.

T1d3

Article Writer
Except that the people on the 360 have had it for 2 months now. Any truly bad glitches have been fixed.

maybe bad glitches for the xbox have been fixed, but the PS3 is a totally different monster and game devs hate developing for it

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

I've seen some reports of some really bad issues with Dawnguard on the 360. But, that doesn't matter. The PS3 is a different OS. Bethesda has stated they don't like how Dawnguard is running on the PS3. Hence the delay. They are taking their time on it, so there are as little problems as possible. Seriously, this developer is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Ah I see. I don't really tend to read all the news regarding Dawnguard, because I STILL haven't gotten around to doing the vampire's side.

And I didn't run into any major glitches while playing, but thats just me I guess.

And different games react differently on different consoles. I don't know how people fail to understand that.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
Besides for crossbows (Skyrim sniper rifles) you're not missing much. I haven't touched it with any other characters after beating it with the first one because I hate how they shove a follower on you. I like playing these games solo, I don't want to feel like a baby sitter and I don't want my follower charging into a battle she has no chance of winning without my help when I'm trying to sneak!

Haha and then she gets stuck in the endless loop of:
*being on one knee*
*CHARGE!!! (with a sliver of health)*
*1-hit later, back to the knee*
until I kill everyone in the room as if I had been the one to just charge in there to begin with.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Besides for crossbows you're not missing much. I haven't touched it with any other characters after beating it with the first one because I hate how they shove a follower on you.
For what it's worth, there are a decent number of times that you can leave her behind. Granted, you have to have her with you during all the main Dawnguard quests (if I remember correctly), so there is some validity to the argument. I'm just glad they made her likable (and designed the quests and enemy numbers around the assumption that she'll be with you).

...then again, she stuck a few ice spikes in my back. :mad:

Aquillus

Oh get over it. You guys always get sole rights to the Assassin's Creed betas. Plus exclusives like the Uncharted series. You're just a bunch of spoiled brats.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Oh get over it. You guys always get sole rights to the Assassin's Creed betas. Plus exclusives like the Uncharted series. You're just a bunch of spoiled brats.

Now now. No need to get heated over this. All platforms get their fair share of exclusive content from many different developers.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
maybe bad glitches for the xbox have been fixed, but the PS3 is a totally different monster and game devs hate developing for it
Correction. NA devs hate developing for PS3. If you read the reports for Japanese companies they love developing for it and hate the 360. It has to do with the what they are used to working with.
Halo, Kingdom Under Fire, Left 4 Dead and a few others. They are all XBox Exclusives. Not to mention PS3 tossed you the MGS and DMC series. Which used to be exclusives to the PS consoles.

Sony exclusive games seem to feel more story line driven to me and more... unique in game play. They feel less like every other game. Mircrosoft deals more with high end graphics and fast paced game play. Each console has it's own type of exclusives.
Now now. No need to get heated over this. All platforms get their fair share of exclusive content from many different developers.
Completely off-topic, love the new Doctor Who theme your account has taken on.
And different games react differently on different consoles. I don't know how people fail to understand that.
OMG LOGIC! Watch what you do with that it might burn out peoples brains.

Still why do people expect a Japanese produced system to act just like an American system? Where be the logic in that, hmmm?
I'll just say it right now.

Some people think that game developers owe them something and all big corporations are evil and only care for your wallets' contents.

Some people just complain for attention. Or for the sake of complaining.
Agreed. However game developers do owe us a product if they expect us to pay for one and make money. However the more frustrating thing with Dawnguard is the poor communication.
Besides for crossbows (Skyrim sniper rifles) you're not missing much. I haven't touched it with any other characters after beating it with the first one because I hate how they shove a follower on you. I like playing these games solo, I don't want to feel like a baby sitter and I don't want my follower charging into a battle she has no chance of winning without my help when I'm trying to sneak!

Haha and then she gets stuck in the endless loop of:
*being on one knee*
*CHARGE!!! (with a sliver of health)*
*1-hit later, back to the knee*
until I kill everyone in the room as if I had been the one to just charge in there to begin with.
I want all those new side quests. And I personally just let my followers get circle beat. Saves me time when they distract them while I get my backstab bonuses.

I've read the bug lists so I can avoid certain things, and I've read the patches updates. Those patches haven't done plops for most of the bugs.

Did I miss anyone?

juggalogoth

it uncool that xbox get most exclusives, it making me want to go back to xbox. cant believe im saying tht. well back to xbox or steam. lol im almost done with skyrim and without dawnguard im lost lol so it a disaster on ps3 lol

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
to the OP, since I haven't seen you on here yet, Whoop Whoop, and as far as the convo goes, there are certain benefits that come with having an xbox and dealing with microsoft's bullplops, and there are benefits to playing the ps3, though I dont know what they are because I don't own a ps3

stagnant94

i would like them to give us a possible release date but whatever, i'm gonna remain patient until the end of august, if its not released by then, well, i would not be a happy bunny

bunny-is-not-angry.jpg

it uncool that xbox get most exclusives, it making me want to go back to xbox. cant believe im saying tht. well back to xbox or steam. lol im almost done with skyrim and without dawnguard im lost lol so it a disaster on ps3 lol
While xbox does have alot of exclusives, PS3 has plenty also. Yes we have Halo and Gears of War. But last time I checked PS3 still has Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, inFamous, and Killzone. It's not like you were ripped off for getting a PS3 instead of owning a PC or a Xbox. Each gaming system has it's own benefits.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
While xbox does have alot of exclusives, PS3 has plenty also. Yes we have Halo and Gears of War. But last time I checked PS3 still has Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, inFamous, and Killzone. It's not like you were ripped off for getting a PS3 instead of owning a PC or a Xbox. Each gaming system has it's own benefits.
I agree each system does have its own benefits, I prefer those of my PS3 over those of an XBox 360.

I personally don't like the style of games that are XBox exclusives. I'm not big into action games that always seem to be lacking in the story line department.

PS3 exclusives seem to have deeper story lines, more intricate game play, and feel less like something that's being put out purely to make money on a series while butchering it horribly.

When Halo: Reach came out I was like "No! That isn't how the series works!" And personally when I have played Gears of War the game seemed shallow to me. But some people like those games. Each console (XBox 360, PS3, PC, and the seemingly ignored Wii) has their own specialty it seems in exclusives. And the only time people bitch over exclusives is for the big name games which tend to be highly over-rated, when their are amazing lesser known titles, but eventually those become well known and butchered as well.

Look at that latest Devil May Cry (I love these games and up until the recent releases they were PS2 exclusives) game, DMC: Devil May Cry. That's an official title (seriously acronym then spell it out? watdafaq) AND nothing in that game fits the series thus far. Dante does not and never has smoked, his hair was white from birth, he is half-human half-demon, he's cocky and arrogant, does not risk human life at all costs, and he wears exclusively red jackets since red is the color of a hero in Japanese culture. Now let's look at the new wannabe: Smokes, black hair, half-demon half-angel, he seems more punk ass then anything, complete disregard for everything around him, wears a black jacket. See how this got murdered people? New comers will like it, but people like me do and will hate it.

Rant done.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts