Dawngaurd seems similar to the civil war quests

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Of course its not completely the same obviously but the whole choose a side thing kinda makes me wonder. The civil war quest line wasn't really in depth on ether side. it was pretty much, Meet with us here, we will attack them there, till the finally. I hope there will be more depth that this in Dawngaurd.

Of course its not completely the same obviously but the whole choose a side thing kinda makes me wonder. The civil war quest line wasn't really in depth on ether side. it was pretty much, Meet with us here, we will attack them there, till the finally. I hope there will be more depth that this in Dawngaurd.
That was because you could'nt really expand much out side of "Capture this fort" quests. I would have liked attacking cities or something though.

Dawnguard would have to be different. You don't just make a 20 dollar DLC without giving us anything different. No one better mention horse armor...

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I think Dawnguard will be more about investigating the Vampire's plans and stopping them (from the Dawnguard perspective) or setting the plans in motion (from the Vampire perspective) I'm speculating that the 'Missions' will be lone quests (IE, go here, take out this nest of vampires, find this clue, it leads to the next location, so on and so on) which I imagine will lead to a Showdown between you and the head Vampire (sorry, can't remember his name, too lazy to look it up). One thing about all TES games, they make you feel like a Hero, or Villian (I'm guessing you could end up as the head vampire if you choose that path).

I'll have you right on the Civil War quests. It didn't feel very personal. I hope Dawnguard does

perkecet

really dude? "i have to pick a side, so it's like the civil war!" great thought. IMO every faction in the game should have had a choice to go against it. the civil war was the only one with a questline on either side. our only other such option was to destroy the dark brotherhood, which was just "kill this person, then kill the rest."

i don't see how you could take one fact, and make such an outlandish assumption about an entire expansion pack promising around 20 hours of gameplay.

Kage

I don't see it being to much different. Besides, I liked the fort battles, they were fun. In any case, I believe there will be plenty of new things, and the battles should be fun. The above is right, you don't make a twenty Dollar DLC and not give us anything new. I've hear what some Beta Testers have had to say, and I think we'll all enjoy it.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It's not like civil war I believe. You have to do errands like going into the Soul Cairn and retrieve those Scrolls and kill some Dawguard on the side

VonCrown

I did like the fort battles, personally. Of course, I had my own roleplaying going in my head, which certainly made it more fun. But the fort battles gave me opportunity to use abilities I don't have cause to use often (Call dragon shout for one, few places will you get more use out of it than there. One time I ran ahead of my imperial allies and snuck around the back of the fort and let loose with a master level frenzy spell.)

I wish I could do more radiant fort battles, really. But that aside, I think the Dawnguard storyline will be pretty different.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Finished the Vamps storyline just now, (after playing since 10am my time) and i can tell you without a doubt its nothing like the Civil War questline

VonCrown

Can you start the questline if you're already a vampire or do you need to get cured? I knkow you need to join the dawnguard before you can join the vampires... Seems silly that the vampire hunters would want to hire a vampire. Maybe they're just really bad at their job. (Or they wanna do the whole Hellsing/Alucard thing, I guess.)

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Can you start the questline if you're already a vampire or do you need to get cured? I knkow you need to join the dawnguard before you can join the vampires... Seems silly that the vampire hunters would want to hire a vampire. Maybe they're just really bad at their job. (Or they wanna do the whole Hellsing/Alucard thing, I guess.)

I've heard its possible but not sure

RoG Delta

It would be cool, as part of this dlc, that I could outfit shadowmere with some cool Daedric armor or maybe nightingale armor. Anyone think so too??

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts