• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJ0331

Nords forever
Hey guys I have decided to make another character. It is going to be what I call a dark warrior. He is a neutral warrior that wears darker more evil looking armor but isn't evil. However I might add in conjuration to make him darker. I am basically making a witchhunter that is a tank. I plan on using the dawngaurd helmet and ebony mail for my endgame armor. I plan on using a greatsword mostly probably daedric unless there is another I like better. So how do you guys like it and do you guys have any suggestions? Ps I picked nord but race doesn't matter.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I think daedric or ebony would fit your purposes better. I would recommend alteration but only perk so you can get the magic resistance, which will be a good filler perk when you aren't perking into heavy armor and 2handed. I would recommend restoration, but when I try I forget and never have leveled it enough to get Avoid Death (which is the main reason I want to level in restoration anyway)

TJ0331

Nords forever
I probably will do restoration and I already stated I will use the ebony mail armor but I really like the dawngaurd full helmet and it fits my build. I might switch up swords for hamers since I haven't done hammers yet. Should I use conjuration or not?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
In the guides section of this forum thier are a couple dark paladin and battlemage builds that you may get some ideas from.

I think the build has potential of course. Start battle with summoning atronach and buffing yourself/party than bring out the deadric greatsword and start cleaving. If it were me id go2 the 1st draugr crypt I can find, BFBarrow, and get an ancient nord greatsword. They look sinister in a way. I love em!

TJ0331

Nords forever
In the guides section of this forum thier are a couple dark paladin and battlemage builds that you may get some ideas from.

I think the build has potential of course. Start battle with summoning atronach and buffing yourself/party than bring out the deadric greatsword and start cleaving. If it were me id go2 the 1st draugr crypt I can find, BFBarrow, and get an ancient nord greatsword. They look sinister in a way. I love em!

Way ahead of you hahaha already got it. I'm just toggling on whether I want to use greatswords or warhammers.

Nighthiker77

Conjuration rocks, and it's extremely magica efficient. It only takes about 100 magica to cast a Dremora Lord or Storm Atronach with the expert perk.

TJ0331

Nords forever
So I probably wont need a huge investment into magicka which will be nice.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I could use the bloodskal blade it looks pretty sinister.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
That thing is cool when you do a power attack it shoots out a wave of energy I think. which is so badass lol

TJ0331

Nords forever
Yea it does. Im still loving the hammer I picked up though. I think I'm going to try for the champions cudgel later on.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I mean as long as you don't take the weapon specific perks all is golden. I know I often change themes but keep the overall weapon skill.

Samurai to Berserker for instance.

Straumgald

If going conjuration, why not go more of a shadowknight? Get the Conjure Boneman/Mistman/Wrathman spells from soul cairn. They are very powerful undead that require no corpse. Wraith will sit there and tank a dragon while I beat it in the head.
Also summon Arvak is amazing, negates all the negatives of owning a horse. Plus its a spectral horse, perfect fit!

And I love Volendrung. You can do The Cursed Tribe at level 9. Put it on novice to kill the giant, takes a few tries, potions will be needed. So you'll have a powerful Daedric artifact at level 9 and full orcish if you don't have better. Keeping it charged levels enchanting a lot too. I think I got to like 60 enchanting with using the skill once other than recharging Volendrung.

Nahkriin fits the look IMO and is one of the highest armor helmets, that also has perfect bonuses for a "shadowknight".

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
If going conjuration, why not go more of a shadowknight? Get the Conjure Boneman/Mistman/Wrathman spells from soul cairn. They are very powerful undead that require no corpse. Wraith will sit there and tank a dragon while I beat it in the head.
Also summon Arvak is amazing, negates all the negatives of owning a horse. Plus its a spectral horse, perfect fit!

And I love Volendrung. You can do The Cursed Tribe at level 9. Put it on novice to kill the giant, takes a few tries, potions will be needed. So you'll have a powerful Daedric artifact at level 9 and full orcish if you don't have better. Keeping it charged levels enchanting a lot too. I think I got to like 60 enchanting with using the skill once other than recharging Volendrung.

Nahkriin fits the look IMO and is one of the highest armor helmets, that also has perfect bonuses for a "shadowknight".

Thay are some awesome ideas dude!
I was gonna mentio volundrung, its prob my favourite 2handed weapon at low levels. Orcish armour also looks kinda scary looking (specially if your not an orc) and wraithman is 1of my fav summons.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
That's too dark for me to handle. :mad:

TJ0331

Nords forever
Those all sound great. I'm going to go get volendrung and then start the dawngaurd questline.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I know Bloodskal Blade from Dragonborn DLC might seem kind of cheesy but I took out a Dragon Priest with the ray effect when I ran out of options one time. Just sayin.

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
I used to have a character like that (olaf) but i got a new one. my tip is to be a necromancer it is way better than antronarchy because atronochs are only in magic. oh and if you dont want to look evil but look dark is ebony armor it looks more dark than evil also the ebony blade is a nice powerful weapon that is a greatsword and looks evil

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
sounds very cool indeed, i've made dark warrior type characters which WERE truly evil and the daedric armor really compliments them due to its loathsome red and black color.. i once decked out a follower with full daedric while i went with necromancer robes, it was badass! we were a dark warrior and dark mage duel power house! ;)

TJ0331

Nords forever
My warrior is going to wear his dark armor to intimidate foes while still being inherently good.

Straumgald

Thay are some awesome ideas dude!
I was gonna mention volundrung, its prob my favourite 2handed weapon at low levels. Orcish armour also looks kinda scary looking (specially if your not an orc) and wraithman is 1of my fav summons.
Too bad the orcish helmet looks like crap.
Also Chief Yamarz is one of the best dead thralls to use, since he will jump off cliffs/walls and climb up hills rather then pathing around them like most followers.

I used Volendrung right up to level 32 when I killed Miraak, I could have got better damage with a carved nordic hammer, but honestly he was still easy enough on legendary, while bother? Volendrung also swings as fast as a sword allegedly, so its awesome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts