dark brotherhood vs thieves guild quest line

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thief or assasin

• Total voters

nacman99

wich of this both awesome questline do you prefer?

for me they are some what similar because you need sneaky skills for both assassinate people and to steal.

i like the thieves guild better because the story in it is interesting and it has many twist and turns and also turning into a nightingale is just awesome.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I voted Dark Brotherhood, but I'm kinda jealous that the thieves guild had a happy ending and the DB had a sad one.
The amount of members the DB got reduced to makes you wonder if Elder Scrolls VI will have the DB.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I felt like the Thieves Guild had some of the worst writing in the entire game. Particularity during Blindsighted - the only dialogue choice I have to say to Brynjolf makes it sound like I care about the lives of a few bandits, and the straw that broke the camels back was having to telling Mercer Frey I have honor. Also Karliah insisting I had to become a Nightingale to kill Mercer had me going

tumblr_lb1ewnnVUX1qafrh6.gif

The rewards were better in the Thieves Guild, but I prefer the Dark Brotherhood.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The Brotherhood was a shamble of their former selves. I felt sorry for them, most the time. Felt like children playing house, a dark brotherhood in name only. Me and Cicero eventually whipped that place into shape, but still. Astrid's betrayal was a nice twist and killing The Emperor was a surprise, even if it was a bit strait forward.

The Thieves guild quests were all fun, and The Eyes of the Falmer dungeon is probably one of my favorite in the game. I enjoyed the fight with Mercer, it was a pretty epic setting atop the giant statue. The Darkness Returns quest was also really impressive and fun, and meeting Noctrunal was a surprise and a treat.

My vote would be with the thieves guild.

Xivia4

I'm torn. I liked both questlines in terms of gameplay; however, the Dark Brotherhood has the edge. I just wish you could recruit people because it's very empty in the sanctuary.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Woof. Good question and an even harder answer. Gotta go with the DB. At least they let you and, y'know, even encouraged killing. The TG always said that was a no-no. Love the shadows for a reason, and it ain't pickpocketing. ;)

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I just want Shadowmere and the Dawnstar Sanctuary, that's where it ends.
They're both pretty washed up, but the Brotherhood is much worse off at the end.

mokz

wich of this both awesome questline do you prefer?

for me they are some what similar because you need sneaky skills for both assassinate people and to steal.

i like the thieves guild better because the story in it is interesting and it has many twist and turns and also turning into a nightingale is just awesome.
You don't need sneak for TDB...you can always charge like a mindless warrior :)) "For blood and glory...WULD NAH KEST" ....???...a wild loading screen that sends you back in time appears!
Seriously now my vote goes for TG because the story gets spiced with the nightingale part. plus u get access to Agent of Strife power, an awesome "oh plops" power.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
To be honest both quest lines severely suck because both of them were poorly written, however if I had to choose which quest line that deserves the extra point it would be the Dark Brotherhood.

Karliah, being the obnoxious that she is, killed the quest-line of the thieves guild for me. I have resentments that I was forced to become a Nightingale just so I can defeat Mercer Frey. That kills My RPing Moent. Seriously I'm the Motha (bleep) Dragonborn. I've defeated creatures far more superior than him, and comes this dark elf telling me that I need Nocturnal guidance to help me through.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
You're making me choose? I generally do both if I do one. The Guild has three cool gear sets and three awesome weapons, whereas the Brotherhood has Nazir (the coolest NPC ever), Cicero (my favorite lunatic) and general badassery. I guess I'd say the Brotherhood.....hardest decision I've made today....

blue 468

I like both and usually do both but I like the Thieves guild because I like there armor better than the DB.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I like the Thieves guild because I like there armor better than the DB.
Better in looks or enchantments?
Dark Brotherhood armor has better enchantments in my opinion, but the nightingale armor looks the best.

Deer Stalker

Thieves guild all the way. I liked the armor at the end better and the fact i had fences everywhere that matterd to sell my stolen goods.
Didnt go for DB as i hated that cicero character, his voice is just....

ShadowGambit

Nightingale lover here. So Thieve for sure.

I went on destroying the DB, but the questline was fun. Not as good as the one in Oblivion, but none are in my point of view.

Overall, deception from my part when it comes to the scenarii of both questline.

Admiral Snackbar

it's a...well, you know.
I'm leaning toward the DB. I really like the shrouded armor, shadwomare, Cicero, and most of the quests, especially the first one. Plus Dawnstar is a cool hangout, even if I do get stalked by elder dragons every freaking time I visit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts