Damn you Skyrim! You've ruined all games for me!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Oren74

Anyone else feel this way?

I've been gaming in all facets my entire life. I'm 36 now. Still enjoy games, honestly much less than I use to.

I play everything from MMOs and Total War'esk games on the PC, to Sports games, FPS, and RPGs on the PS3...not to mention just about any board game out there.

I have Mass Effect 3...played it a couple of hours. Uncharted 3...played all of 20 minutes. Took a pretty long break from Skyrim with Battlefield 3 to play online with some friends around the country, but as soon as they lost interest, I went back to rolling a Skyrim character.

I borrowed the new Batman Arkham City game, and it's been sitting on my desk for nearly two weeks. Mind you, I played the first Batman game (Arkham Asylum) hardcore and solved it.

As a married father of two, I have three days off next week, no kids, no wife, just gaming. So I can get some serious gaming in. I think I'm planning on playing Skyrim, rolling a battlemage type character that I haven't tried yet.

Also thinking of buying the XBOX game just so I can also get the expansions.

So, anyone else this way? DAMN YOU SKYRIM!

Adam Warlock

easily 200+ hours of skyrim since feb and i still haven`t done the thieve`s guild or dark brotherhood yet.

don`t even have the urge to open my unplayed copy of arkham asylum because i fear it will be too "on rails" to suit me now

Volanere

Grand Magister
I agree it's like crack

Adam Warlock

If you do buy an Xbox for the expansions , I would recommend that you download Dragonborn and Hearthfire first , especially if you wish to later join the Dawnguard faction rather than become a Vampire Lord.

Play the first two for a while while establishing your character and getting at least one home somewhere before downloading Dawnguard.

What happens with Dawnguard DLC if you`re not joining the vampires is that many random NPC may die in random vampire attacks until you finish the main quest line . Some quest givers/targets could be lost. Often these will be ones whose favors count toward thanehood in that hold or useful vendors like blacksmiths.
Much like when you awaken the dragons by killing that first one but more intense and wide-spread

OutKast

WOW Oren, I had to double-check and make sure that wasn't my post....married, father of two, 33 y/o, with not much time to game hardly anymore except at night when everyone goes to bed. On black friday, my wonderful wife bout me uncharted 3, assassins creed 3, nba 2k13, skyrim, arkham city, gta4, and NFS most wanted.

To be fair, I've played AC3 and 2k13 quite a bit, but nothing like Skyrim. Funny thing is that I put in about 100hrs or so on the PS3 version before I sold it. My wife bought it on XBOX for the very reason of having the Kinect features (super bada$$) and the DLC.

Skyrim has ruined me too, unfortunately.

and, like you Uncharted, NFS, & Arkham are still unopened. :sadface:

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
It's a familiar story - Married father of one eleven yr old daughter, 48 y/o with a full time job. Fortunately my daughter likes games and encourages me relentlessly. The total war series stole some of my life, gran turismo has had chunks of it too, as did Morrowind, Oblivion and many other games over the last 30 odd years. But Skyrim - the thief of my late night hours and spare time for the last 13 months and 10 days, the reason I go to work with dark rings under my eyes, the reason that Witcher 2 and Assasins Creed 3 sit unopened on the shelf. The reason that I'm about to leave this forum in a few minutes. Sheer genius.

AS88

Staff member
22 y/o, my girlfriend and I sit together in silence for hours while I slash my way through Skyrim and she button-mashes her way through WoW. I played Skyrim for a year on PS3, must have at least 1000 hours in the game, before I realised it was ruining my degree and put it away. I still can't stop myself looking at mods and videos for when all the DLC comes out on PC and we buy a desktop, even though I rarely play it on PS3 any more, not to mention all the time I spend on here.

No game I've ever played has kept me hooked for longer. Only ones that have come close are Football Manager 11 a couple of years ago, and Gran Turismo 2 and Need For Speed Underground 2 when I was still at school.

70 and playing almost every day. My wife is getting increasingly rude about Skyrim, but luckily I am getting increasingly deaf.

Bloodhawk71

another redneck nerd
23 and i droped only stoped playing it for...2 or 3 months ( mind you i mean i didnt play it hardcore.) then i cant stop play till my wife steals it from me XD this game is worse than any street drug.

34. Took a short break from Skyrim and played nba2k13 with my brother. Now im back on skyrim. I played arkam asylum and the first mass effect nonstop. I bought the latest mass effect and couldnt get into it. In skyrim i can go anywhere anytime. In mass effect i cant even step over a small rock lol. Only thing that comes close to me is red dead redemption as far as open world. Now I want all games to be open world full customization. This game is the plops!

ant2boot

27 with two much time on hands since i cant work i play skyrim a lot then after lvl 30 or so i start a new toon i cant belive that after having the game since it came out i still have yet to kill the last dragon but dam i cant make up my mind on what type of toon i want if this is how crack is i feal bad for them

get up out of bed befor i even smoke i have the xbox on and loading my ant2boot toon and befor i know it it 3am and in bed just to repet this the next day

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
"This game doesn't let you switch between first and third person? Wow, that's lazy."

"This game doesn't let you buy and sell things? Wow, that's dumb."

"This game only has 20 side missions? That's really lazy of them."

All of these and more have been said by me as a result of playing Skyrim. The only games I can enjoy now (long term, at least) are Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

sticky runes

Skyrim did not ruin other games for me. Skyrim did ruin Skyrim for me, however, since it's the most bug-ridden game I've ever played. I've recently been replaying some of my old PS2 RPGs, and even though they're not as vast as this game, it's nice to be able to play a video game from start to finish and not worry about something going tits-up because it wasn't programmed properly.

Also - in just about every other game I've played, things like bowls and baskets and spoons really are just bits of scenery, so I don't have to bother picking around mundane objects while I'm collecting gold coins and other items that actually do have some value to gameplay.

Tilse

Spellsword
I think the only game Skyrim has "ruined" for me is Oblivion. To be honest though, I didn't play too much of it though before getting Skyrim anyway. I tried playing it again a couple weeks ago. I managed to make msyelf do a few quests, but...nothing. I made a new character because I figured maybe that would help, but not really. I realized with my first character on Oblivion I probably royally screwed up making my custom class with her and everything.
Not to say Oblivion is bad, because I know it can be fun, I just can't make myself play it for hours like I can with Skyrim, which I feel bad about, but yeah.

Claire

Yes I agree once you play any of the elder scrolls nothing really compares. Been hooked for many years now.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Major Trip

What a trip...
I returned to Assassin's Creed 2 recently (because Ezio is just so much more colorful than Connor as a character) and now whenever I sprint, I try to check stamina. I try to sneak. I attempt to Shout in combat. Thanks Skyrim.

Saozig

Hippy
I don't know if it's ruined other games for me--I was already painfully selective of what games I'll play to begin with. I've always preferred having a few games I really,really like and then play them into the ground, (I'm still playing Civ III--played a game over the Xmas holiday--and I've been playing that for almost 10 years now). So I'm quite happy to have a game I like as much as Skyrim, despite the glitches. I'll probably be on my 396th Skyrim character by the time they roll out TES VI. :p

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Whenever I go play another game, I start absent-mindedly hitting the Skyrim controls. It's kinda annoying, actually. But it's funny that you guys mentioned Assassin's Creed because I spent a whole year giddy with excitement for 3, I took the day it released off of work and skipped class to play it. And found it rather disappointing. Partly because I have a nerd-crush on Ezio and no assassin will ever compare, and partly because well, Skyrim is more engaging and I've been playing that with gusto since it released. Have I finished AC3 yet? Nope. How many different characters have I played in Skyrim? 4, with well over 400 total hours put into it.

*sigh* :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts