Daedric weapons at level 26?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

Okay, so I'm in the middle of clearing a Dwarven ruin. Just looted a chest (a lockless one, even) to find... a Daedric Bow.
I looked it up, and found out that Daedric weapons aren't supposed to appear as random loot before level 46 or 47 -- so how come I just got one?
Definitely not complaining, just wondering whether my game is glitched in a really awesome way. :D

LucasNL

Found some ebony armor at level 22 once, and a glass sword at level 26. I don't think it is supposed to happen but I wasn't complaining!

Chadonraz

I also found a Glass Sword and an Ebony Bow several levels ago. Maybe the "rules" aren't always definite.

Good for us players. :D

doc108

I literally just found my first ever glass anything yesterday. All the rest I had to craft.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
The level you find at, for example, Elder Scrolls Wiki, isn't the absolute minimum. I believe it's the level where said thing becomes common enough so that one can realistically expect to find one. At least that's my theory.

Anyway, my earliest ever Daedric was a sword at level 31. But my luckiest find ever, level-wise, was a Dragonplate Helmet I found at level 24. Only problem was that my character was a lightly armored sneaky-sneaky character...

Subtle

An Unexpected Ally
My friend, I was level 9 with my Argonian Trapper, and I was just finishing up Bleak Falls Barrows. I open the master chest, and I am amazed. An EBONY dagger. EBONY!

Scaled loot can't only appear at the required level. It can appear at any level, but it will be much more likely to appear at the required level.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I got an ebony sword at low level, nearly died getting it. Was doing Companions quest proving honor and a death lord came out of the coffin. I was like "Oh plops" Cause I wasn't expecting a Death Lord until later levels.

Voodoo_uk2

Same as you guys mainly cheap junk to begin with but the odd Ebony or Glass suprise , i wasnt lucky enough to get Daedric i dont think but if i did i would have sold it as i was very Naive to the way the game worked early on

KD.

Yesterday, with my lvl 16 character, I found some Ebony Armor in an Adept locked chest. I was shocked. Unfortunately, my character is pretty fond of light armor so I don't think I'll be getting much use out of it, but I was still pretty freaking amazed.

Like everyone else said, I'm assuming the minimum level requirements aren't absolute. I think that adds the possibility of nice surprises. And who doesn't like that?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I'm spoiled from being used to craft that stuff by level 20 now!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
do not question gifts from the the divines...

Was it a Boss Chest? (The big ones with an arched lid, usually after you defeat a Boss.) Those are a little ahead of your current level. They usually start appearing with some frequency around level 30. Enchanted, and more often after that...

Chadonraz

Was it a Boss Chest? (The big ones with an arched lid, usually after you defeat a Boss.) Those are a little ahead of your current level. They usually start appearing with some frequency around level 30. Enchanted, and more often after that...

No, it was just a regular Dwarven chest (I don't think Boss chests even exist in Dwarven ruins). It was just a lucky one. ^^

No, it was just a regular Dwarven chest (I don't think Boss chests even exist in Dwarven ruins). It was just a lucky one. ^^
Yeah, you got lucky, by about 5 levels. That's well within tolerance, and taking the Radiant Loot system into account. Was it a Daedric version of what you usually pick up, and use?