• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cole

Mythik
It is an excellent idea for the blogging people to have that all right here. I never got into blogging either, but from time to time I'll read some, so win win.

What kind of castle would you make? Would there be a moat? =]

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
that's an excellent idea. I never really got into blogging but since I'm doing a journaling project, it seems very appropriate. i'm not sure how many people will use that feature though
Well, at least the two of us, eh?

Tusck

What kind of castle would you make? Would there be a moat? =]

If I was to create a bandit town, I would not want a castle. Maybe a small keep or tower, probably more like a 2-3 story Inn with a hidden sub basement, kind of the like the slaver tunnels you saw in Morrowind. The inn or keep would be surrounded by a small town with market stalls, smith, etc, and also have fences to sell my loot.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
For my political career I'd like to have a tower in middle of the biggest city in Skyrim. In addition, there has to be numerous hidden passages and secret rooms, where I can plot and recruit more member to my private thieves guild and figure out how to affect next elections. From there I would keep everyone in high positions as a puppets playing their roles, while I am just a simple spice merchant.

Littlefinger, I could use your advise. Or, perhaps not.

Flamingtaco

I wonder if its possible to marry governors/governesses and then move into the city castle. That could be really interesting.

Cole

Mythik
If I was to create a bandit town, I would not want a castle. Maybe a small keep or tower, probably more like a 2-3 story Inn with a hidden sub basement, kind of the like the slaver tunnels you saw in Morrowind. The inn or keep would be surrounded by a small town with market stalls, smith, etc, and also have fences to sell my loot.
It would be really cool if in future dlc, Bethesda allowed us to make our own town. You could customize where everything would be, or if you didn't care much, just have a quick random build. I would enjoy that.
I would live in a castle At the center of a city inside a hollowed out mountain.
That sounds like Farthen Dur from the book Eragon.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
All the better! You might have already mentioned this somewhere around here but either I didn’t see it or forgot it by now so you could you elucidate for what you would use a blog? Hexperiment and I would be using it for a sort of journal about our respective playthrough in which we comment on our roleplaying. Were you thinking of something similar?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
All the better! You might have already mentioned this somewhere around here but either I didn’t see it or forgot it by now so you could you elucidate for what you would use a blog? Hexperiment and I would be using it for a sort of journal about our respective playthrough in which we comment on our roleplaying. Were you thinking of something similar?

Well... yeah! I got inspired by you guys and thought it would be cool to make a journal too. In addition, it's a good way to hone my grammar and vocalabury. It won't rust if I use it daily.

Travis

Custom locations for your houses? That would be great. Furthermore, I would like to see the house’s “contents” being saved. Meaning that if you drop an apple on the floor it will still lay there if you get back.
Even better if it rots ;)

Travis

So I've never been one that really liked player housing, but in TES you really do need somewhere to put all your loot. However, since I always play the loner, rogue/ranger type, I would like housing that is outside of any towns, sort of my bandit hideout if you will. So what I would like to see if customer housing that you can either:

1. Hire local woodcutters to build a house for you. In this case, it would cost more the further away from the town you go, and probably there would be a max range.

2. With maxed out woodcutting, you could build your own house anywhere you want.

I would totally use this to build my dream house, up on a cliff, over looking the ocean, where I can hide my stash.

Would you use this and if so, where would you build your house?
Wow what a SWEET idea. I used to play Ultima Online, and having my own house was one of my favorite parts of the game. I would totally build mine in the mountains, next the to mouth of a waterfall, looking out at the river as it cuts it's way through the mountains/jungle.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Trevis, dude, watch it with the double posts, please :,~(

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
It’s not a catastrophe but kind of unnecessary since you can simply edit your posts if you forgot to add something. It’s especially annoying if a contest like here is going on. Just try to remember it the next time.

deathte

Bit late now but if there will be player housing , i would love some kind of security issues ; robbers and theifs come to your house ( in person ) and you have to stop them ( with locks or guards or something ) and the richer you are the more protection you need.

CRisCO

The best part of this whole thing is we may see mods lie we saw in fallout..

Being able to make our own castles and towns like custom settlers mod...

That would be freaking awesome in this games setting...

Travis

I hope they find a way to make the housing more dynamic than in Oblivion. Having my own house was like my favorite part of Ultima Online. I'm hoping you can decorate it, and maybe even someday they will let us design our own floor plans and stuff.

CRisCO

I'm hoping they make a mod that lets you create a stronghold and player faction.. Would definately make my day.