Private [CTP] Cleaning The Palace

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Shear

Rules:
    1.Have fun.
    2.No god modding. This includes using "special" equipment. No one is allowed to dispatch of enemy NPC without some sort of struggle(Lets put some drama into every battle, It makes a better read)
    3. No profanity, May use phrases such as "Son of a-" to imply profanity, but only when in character.
    4. Posting in Threads
    a. RP thread is strictly for RP posts only, OOC posts in the RP thread will be ignored
    b. OOC posts will be entertained in the Discussion thread, when referring to a post in the RP itself, either quote the post or write down the number of the post (found next to the like and reply buttons.
    5.If an player is unavailable for RP, their character is assumed to follow the group wherever they go. Under no circumstances can another person assume control of a character that is not their own/
    6.This RP will most likely be monitored by Andante/PurpleShew/Forum Moderators
    7. One character per player, NPC actions may be assumed by the player but only within reason
    8. "Duels" or player battles. Agreements will be discussed in the OOC thread
    a. Players must agree upon the maximum harm that may be inflicted during said duel (minor scrapes, scarring wounds, decapitation, death).
    b. The winner of the duel may be predetermined or played out during roleplay, depending on what the players agree upon.
    c. Once the grounds of the duel are agreed upon, they may NOT be changed.
    9. Character Restrictions
    a. This RP is restricted to characters who explicitly have the SNEAK skill.
    b. Hybrid classes are welcome as long as they have the skill mentioned above.
    10. Those who wish to join must ask first on the OOC thread. A majority vote between current players decides if said player is allowed to join
    11. Complaints and Disagreements regarding what happens in the RP will be settled on the OOC thread via a group vote, the majority vote determines if the post is nullified or allowed to stay.
    12. Any setbacks experienced by the group may be presented by ANY player at ANY moment, please be realistic though since rule #12 still applies

PROLOGUE
    (Takes Place the night before Zaree enters the Bannered Mare, Just to give you some idea on what this RP is about)

Eastmarch. The Nightgate Inn was more quiet than usual this evening. With the struggle between the Stormcloaks and the Imperial raging across the land, the far-flung rest was not in the ideal spot for good business. Balgruf's refusal to take sides in the conflict limited all westward travel. Few people were could walk freely between cities without being branded a spy for either party. Being a Khajiit and a Mage afforded her no sympathy from any of the Nords, verbal abuse didn't matter to her though. Yes, she was treated like dirt by every guard in every city, but dirt was still better than being seen as the enemy. This freedom did mean that she was free to do, and take whatever she pleased.

She sat at the very end of the bar, her drink untouched as she flicked through the pages of an aged copy of Mace Etiquette. She was waiting for someone.

A Nord, A Stormcloak strode in, tired from a day's travel. He was unarmed she noted, A courier, just what she was waiting for.

Dawn, the following morning. Jo'Zaree left the Nightgate, her pack no bulkier, her purse no heavier, her weapons clean. The book was still in her hand as she strode South-West. It was the same in every aspect as before save for a short missive on the final page.

Jarl Ulfric. We have been decieved, the caravan was bare to the bone. Our leak in the imperial army has been compromised. The Imperials now have the funds to go on the offensive. We have failed you, I have failed you. -Istar

Shear

((Since no one joined in the Bannered Mare thread, this is directly after what I wrote up there ^))
    The Khajiit found herself sitting on a low stone wall. Illuminated by a ball of magelight as she read herself through another book, 'The Mirror' stamped on its cover. Behind her was Loreius Farm, Whiterun was now within sight but she had to wait here awhile. Light still bled from the horizon and she had to wait for nightfall, when the guards were easier to pay off.

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin felt the wind whip his scales, his eyes keen. He was tired and hungry, the last meal he had over 3 days ago. Perhaps he should have stayed he thought,as he looked around. there was a thin blinking light in the distance, and he took squinted at it. Whiterun was a mere speck in the distance,too far to reach by today. Anyhow,he prefered the company of madmen or animals which roamed the wild compared to the racists which dwelled in city walls.With caution, he went close to the light, hoping it would be the encampment of the insane ; he found them comforting,as they let him know he was not the only odd one out in this strange world.
    (ooc: my character here is played in a different way from the other RP thread i play with Rarga and Rarshurka,so my character will be slightly less paranoid and nervous)

Shear

She peered over her book. Sight reaching much farther than the light, she spotted the lizard's approach. She kept silent and remained focused on her reading, a hand at the hilt of her mace just to be safe.

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin walked up to her. His veins pumped with magicka, preparing for any sort of attack. He had mistrust of the fur-faces, gained from hearing his tribe-leader complaining of them, which was one of the few memories he had of Blackmarsh.
    His speech was never fluent,but hoped he could convey his offer to be a hireling for battle. However, he had a pretty good impression that what he jerked out of his mouth was " Are u mad? Geel-Kajin likes mad people. Geel-Kajin wants to fight money" He wasnt even sure if that made sense. Why,if only they spoke the language of the HIst here, it would make everything easier.

Shear

Jo'Zaree sensed the magicka in the air, radiating from the Argonian. This was an interesting development, stirring intrigue within her. Closing her book she approached the lizard, weapons sheathed. She spoke to him, her phrasing was Khajiit but her accent was Nordic. "You are a mage, yes?" Barely pausing, she fires a shock spell dangerously close to him, trying to see if he would fit her needs.

Beran

Official Writing Team
    Beran stared down from the mountain-top, feeling a mixture of excitement and apprehension. He had heard word that money was to be made, and there was no way he could refuse an offer such as that. Now, while he looked upon the Khajit and Argonian, he wondered if they could be trusted.

He had just witnessed magic, and even if he had never been too fond of outsiders in Skyrim, just like any Nord, he was even more cautious of Mages. He had heard tales of Winterhold, and how the town had been engulfed by the sea, while The College was left just as strong as ever.

He put aside his prejudices now, as he traversed the sheer mountainside, making his way toward the pair. He would never put aside a money-making opportunity, no matter who he had to work with.

(OOC: My first RP post. Is it any good?)

Geel-Kajin

(ooc: pretty good yeah :D )
    Geel-Kajin did his best, casting a ward spell to deflect the blow; it found difficult to mantain, for wards were very notorious magicka suckers. He gave a loud hssss, but was distracted when he saw a third figure. The figure went down the mountain silently, like a mere wisp of the most hidden a life. It's footsteps seemed to make no sound. His head tilted, and he was worried that the newcomer may be this newcomer may be the Fur-face's backup, who had come to help kill him and take his items.

Shear

((Nice!))
    Reasonably quick, she noted in her head. Time to test his mettle, Jo'Zaree casts a fear spell as she lunges forward mace at hand. Only then does she notice the Argonian's attention was now directed somewhere else, behind her. The ducks to the side, firing a lightning bolt skywards. A glint of steel, her suspicion grows. She faces back towards the Argonian to check how he fared.

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin saw the fear spell and knew he hadnt had the time dodge it-coupled with that mace it was a deadly blow. Thankfully, the fur-face's attention was half upon the figure as well, so her action was slow enough for him to escape with a shallow gash in his chest. He backpedals several steps, before stopping, completely tense. who was this fur-face, and what was this newcomer?
    (Ooc: I have created a new RP; i only made it because the RP style is different from urs, if not I wouldnt have made it. Was wondering if you would want to join it. It's called "hosts of destruction" THe RP style is a bit different, so you may not enjoy it,but do u wanan try tht too? :p)

Shear

((Sure why not? I'll use the same Jo'Zaree, parallel universe style))
    Not bad, taking into account that they were both distracted. "Not bad at all.." She muttered, she had to make this quick before the third was within earshot. "Jo'Zaree has a business proposition for the Argonian." Calmly sheathing her weapons as she said so. Deep orange eyes bore into the lizards own, "A lot of gold is involved... Enough to fuel an entire army."

Geel-Kajin

(Occ:hmmm....your gonan have a problem there. You can only choose your race and looks, the rest is based on RP play. the thread is based upon the Players being a daedric host, you have to read the thread to kinda get it lol)
    Giving a hasty glance at the oncoming person, Geel-Kajin nodded quickly, meeting her steady gaze. he motioned that they go somewhere else, where his newcomer would not overhere. to talk about such things were...risky in such a chaotic world

Beran

Official Writing Team
    Beran was still traversing the rocky mountainside, weaving in and out of rocks. He knew they had both spotted him, and it was this opportunity he took to show he meant no harm, no matter how they felt, or if the Khajit wanted to fire shock spells at him too. He noticed the change in their posture, and realized they were about to move. The only thing on his mind now was to find out why, if they had wanted to meet with him, they were about to leave.

(OOC: Definitely interested Geel. Where do I sign up?)

Geel-Kajin

(go to Hosts of Destruction. Write your race and physical appearance. I will then randomly choose which daedric prince you are host to)
    (loli cant continue any further with the story til Shear tells me what the plan was in the first place :) )

Shear

((Okay, Just copy over Race and Looks, I'll conform to the host. Edit: was writing all this while you posted, seems to fit still.:D ))
    The darkness flooded around all as the last dregs of light receded into the land. She pointed at the silhouette of the farm. The Khajiit crept soundlessly up the small dirt path. Entering the base of what was the farm's grain mill, the low grumble of the large stone wheel partially masking her voice. She waited for the Argonian to enter. The cat opened a book-Mace Etiquette-and handed it to the lizard, her furred fingers pointing at the text she had scrawled only an evening before. "Taken from stormcloak courier. Hails from Haafingar." She kept her sentences short and easy to understand. "Shipment from Emperor, enough septims to end rebellion." She smiled "Heavy security. This one needs the best."

Geel-Kajin

( You need to post upon the thread in order for it to be counted. the thread is hosts of destruction)
    The argonian looked at the text, and hoped he understood. He gave a nod. the dark brotherhood had taught him many things, and being sneaky for an asassination was definitely top of their list. if he could do asassinations in the shadows, he could at least try this. He grinned, hoping he could be of help.

Shear

((I gtg now, sleep, will reply tomorrow.))
    Not one for words, she told herself, they would get along well. "You're name?" She asked, then adding "This one is called Jo'Zaree" Pointing to herself. "We take carriage to Solitude at dawn, get rest, meet me at stables."

Beran

Official Writing Team
    Beran smiled to himself. If these two were the master thieves he had believed he would meet that morning, he was a little disappointed. Even now, as he was stalking in the shadows outside of the grain mill, he could hear the Khajiit speaking of a shipment that could end the rebellion. "Information like that could get you killed, should the wrong people know of it", he whispered to himself, even now hatching a plan that could leave him much more wealthy than the one they were planning. When the Khajiit continued about the trip to Solitude, he could not believe his luck! He set out toward the great capital of Skyrim at once, leaving only a note behind, simply stating:

I know about your plan. Should you choose to meet me outside the gates of Solitude, you will be greatly rewarded. If not, good luck with your scheme.

Shear

((Sorry if i wasn't online yesterday, really busy))
    The sky was still dark when the Khajiit left the Mare. Barely a soul walked the streets of Whiterun, even the guards were less mindful of their posts. As she made her way out of the gates Jo'Zaree spotted a familiar sight. "Ah, Ri'saad, woul you mind if a friend loiter here for a while?" "Of course! of course. feel free to browse my wares while you're here."

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin yawned and saw the note as he passed by the same route the next day. Screw this,he thought. How could someone have overheard their conversation? He had to tell Jo'Zaree. Picking up his pace, he raced into whiterun.
    Sithis aid me, I hope I can inform her in time!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts