Xbox 360 Couple of questions about miraak robes

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agentoringe

Ok, does anyone know if the spell absorb for his robes is for dragon shouts ONLY? Or is it spell absorb that allows a magicka return on dragon shouts??? Bc if it's flat spell absorb with the bonus effects geared towards dragons, then it's amazing, bc it allows for the player to achieve 100% spell absorb without having to be a vampire...also, I think the best thing Bethesda could have done to miraaks gear other than make his robes light armor, (or made it so it changed like his mask does/if your wearing light armor his mask is light armor, if your wearin heavy his mask is heavy/ is to just have them all be blank...allow a fully enchant able set of boss gear for the players as dragon born to do with as they see fit...anyways, of anyone has info on the spell absorb plz let me know, il be testing in the mean time...

Agentoringe

OKAY, awesomeness, for those of you that like broke stuff and neat tricks to the game here's the coolest by far, now possible with the dragon born content...

Miraak's robes provide 15% absorption to dragon shouts AND spells, his gloves and boots add an additional 10%...giving a total 25% absorption chance.

If you know what spell absorption is (assuming most of you do) you know how amazing it is to have a chance to completely negate a spell/dragon shout/other non physical effect...well, with the addition of Miraak's gear, it is now possible, combined with the atronach stone and the atronach perk, to have 105% spell absorption, which means your immune to everything that isn't physical damage AND spells will return 105% of the BASE mana cost back to you...

...meaning a flames spell that costs 8 mana per second, with the apprentice destruction perk (cutting the cost to 4) will return 9 mana(<roughly) per second to you when absorbed... :D

To expand on this further, taking the necromage perk along with the robes, atronach stone and perk (in that order or it won't work right...necromage>atronach perk>atronach stone> equip Miraak's armor) provides the player with 131% spell absorption, which is amazing for any character lol anyway, it's just a fun trick that helps guarantee your squishy Mage don't get facerolled by random spells when you aren't paying attention. (or of your like me and have fallen asleep while playin and ran into a Mage fort, you won't die from all those spells until you wake up later and decide to kill them all lol )

I know ALOT of ppl are fond of the strict RP gameplay, and or limiting thier characters to certain aspects of the game, which is totally fine, but also those same ppl bash on miraaks gear saying it isn't very good, when it fact it's pretty amazing, I understand you can craft better than that, but you have to either augment your enchanting or have 100 in the skill plus perks to get close to the 70 magicka (which even at 100 skill and all perks you can only achieve 62 points on an enchant without augmentation through potions) which again is fine, BUT, using the potions to augment your enchantments to make them stronger is no different than using the necromage perk to augment your spell absorption given by the perk and stone to achieve total magic negation...

The ability to have a 1:4 chance to totally negate a non physical attack AND regain mana from it is pretty stinkin amazing. Especially considering that there are only 2 other things in the entire game that grant that effect(permanently, I'm excluding the Breton passive bc it's a once a day and not a static effect)

That being said, spell absorption is easily the strongest effect you can achieve in the game, and anything that bolsters it deserves props...so in short, Miraak's armor is awesome. lol haha

CaptMorgan72

Wow, that does sound pretty cool. My vampire might just try that. The thing is, I sold Mirak's gear to my vampire clan and I'm not sure if I can get it back. I don't remember seeing it anymore in their inventory when I sell stuff to them.

Agentoringe

You have to check back with them, it's like the dragon priest masks, of you sell them to a vendor that particular vendor will always randomly have it in thier inventory...same w specific items, just may take awhile to show back up, n of not, there's always reloading and or playing it through again...

Btw, this is resolved, with his robes boots and gloves you can obtain 105% spell absorb without using necromage, so it allows you the benefit of having great defense along with coolness without having to be a vampire if you would prefer not to be one...

JClarke1953

I have mine on a mannekin, plus the armor in those chest's around the island.

What about his Staff and Sword?