Could blind falmer overthrow their dwemer masters?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Star Gazer

Again, hello Skyrim community! This sticks out in my mind every time I enter one of the Deep Elves' ruins. I may be missing something important, but I'm not entirely sure.

Everybody knows the falmer used to be snow elves, who were taken in by the dwemer, who blinded them and their future generations, but how did the blind elves manage to overthrow them? It seems highly improbable, because their other senses had not fully developed like the falmer we know and love today. The dwemer were/are the most technologically and mentally developed race, but were put to (possible) extinction by a group of primitive, blind savages!

I look forward to seeing your responses!

Sheer numbers did the trick, in my line of thought. I think the Falmer far outnumbered their Dwarven cousins, and simply bum rushed them before an effective resistance could be organised.

Star Gazer

But as we see, hundreds of years after the fall of the dwemer, they had multitudes of automatons to spare.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Intresting Thought.

..I say "Nope".

The Reason why is because there were a Ton more Dwemer (Dwarves) through out Tamerial other than Skyrim. Infact, their Big Major Hub was said to be in Hammerfell. There could have been some sort of uprising in Skryim, but for the most part the Falmer were slaves of the Dwemer... and then the Dwemer disappeared.

Star Gazer

Intresting Thought.

..I say "Nope".

The Reason why is because there were a Ton more Dwemer (Dwarves) through out Tamerial other than Skyrim. Infact, their Big Major Hub was said to be in Hammerfell. There could have been some sort of uprising in Skryim, but for the most part the Falmer were slaves of the Dwemer... and then the Dwemer disappeared.
We also see dwarven ruins in Solstheim, but falmer are not native to solstheim. This just gives further support to the "Reiklings evolved from snow elves" theory. I just don't see why reiklings have the sense of sight while falmer do not.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
And the Falmer retreated into the depths where the Automatons could not/would not go.
The Falmer fled to Blackreach. There are plenty of Dwarven Automatons there. If you observe passively long enough you can watch some Falmer get killed by the Dwarven Centurions there. :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
We also see dwarven ruins in Solstheim, but falmer are not native to solstheim. This just gives further support to the "Reiklings evolved from snow elves" theory. I just don't see why reiklings have the sense of sight while falmer do not.

But Falmer are not all over the Map of Tamerial like the Dwemer were. There were Dwemer Ruins all over the Morrowind game as well.... but no Falmer, and no Reiklings.

And I'm pretty sure the Reiklings are not Falmer lol. I could see where some one might make that theory because of looks maybe.. but they are not the same thing.

Star Gazer

But Falmer are not all over the Map of Tamerial like the Dwemer were. There were Dwemer Ruins all over the Morrowind game as well.... but no Falmer, and no Reiklings.
How did they get wiped out then, war?

Dagmar

...There could have been some sort of uprising in Skryim, but for the most part the Falmer were slaves of the Dwemer... and then the Dwemer disappeared.
The OP isn't talking about a theoretical uprising. There was an uprising. There's a somewhat rare book called The Falmer: A Study, that you can find randomly in the game that tells about how the Falmer "overthrew" their Dwemer masters and fled to Blackreach. It's bit of an overstatement as they never defeated the Dwemer, but they did free themselves and waged a long and bloody war against the Dwemer called The War of the Crag until the Dwemer disappeared.

Star Gazer

Key word "Disappear" The dwemer could still be around. If so, they probably vowed revenge on the snow elves... unless they just want to stay hidden.

Dagmar

Key word "Disappear" The dwemer could still be around. If so, they probably vowed revenge on the snow elves... unless they just want to stay hidden.
While there's some debate among the scholars within the Elders Scroll universe as to how they disappeared, there does seem to be a general consensus that they in fact did vanish and did not go into hiding, i.e they are extinct. On the one hand you have a quest in which what you see supports the notion that they literally vanished as a result of the Dwemeri Chief Tonal Architect Lord Kagrenac attempts to use the Heart of Lorkhan to elevate the entire race, which is the most popular theory as it's also supported by the document The Battle of Red Mountain which is a transcript of the words of Vivec, the demigod warlod of the Dunmer. But even scholars who dispute the notion that they instantly vanished from reality, such as Calcemo, still seem to acknowledge that the Dwemer are no more.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
hey i thought it was the dark elves that destroyed the dwemer at red mountain. my lore must be wrong lol.

Dagmar

hey i thought it was the dark elves that destroyed the dwemer at red mountain. my lore must be wrong lol.
That's another version of the story. In that version Nerevar the king of what would eventually be called Morrowind, along with Dagoth Ur defeated the Dwemer king Dumac and Kagrenac and used the Heart of Lorkhan to destroy the Dwemer race (which I think comes from game content from Morrowind). Either version supports the notion that the Dwemer vanished and didn't go into hiding.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts