• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flashdynamite

so im making a set of super armour for myself and i cant decide what set to make, any thoughts on what the most awesome-looking armour in skyrim is?

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I've always liked (once I could craft it) Dragonscale for light armor. And Orc for heavy armor. They both remind me of samurai armor. So protection and good looks, imo.

Flashdynamite

I was thinking something Imperial themed, (I am an Imperial in the civil-war) but the only Imperial armour I've found looks a bit naff. Was wondering if there is anything based along the same lines?

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
There is this armor when the SPOILER: Emperor comes. I forgot what it's called. Some of these guys are on Dragonbridge.

Then when you get to a certain point in the theives guild quest, you can go into East Empire Trading Company or something along those lines, and enter. At the end of it all, when you get to this one area, there is a Spartan like helmet along with a bunch of other goodies.

The armor from these Emperor guards or whatever, is light armor. Bracers, Main armor, and boots. The helmet is Heavy armor. It's pretty cool. Makes you feel like a roman in some ways, but more spartan than anything. Ysgramors shield is a good combo along with Sky fordged steel sword.

Some people use Steel bracers and Steel Shin guards instead of the light armor for the Bracers and Boots. And just have the Light armor for the chest area. It's pretty cool honestly in my opinion.

They have videos of it on youtube. Shouldn't be too hard to find. :) Hope this helped!

Flashdynamite

Thanks, just found the armour now, looks great!

I like Ebony, either the Mail, or Platebody, or Steel Plate if I'm not going for the Dark look. The Ebony Mace is the most beautiful weapon in the game too. For Light, I peicemail my own suit together out of The Savior's Hide, Foresworn/Armor of the Old Gods, and/or Stormcloak Officer's boots/gauntlets. I love Scaled for protection, but not looks. I also really like General Tullius' dress, but have to wear Ancient Nord Boots/Gauntlets to match it, and stay all Heavy.

The Master Robes look like a Trenchcoat on a male avatar, and Ulfric's got the best looking set of unarmored clothes. For females, I like the Mourner's dress with either Jester'sboots/gloves, or Thalmor's, and the Shrouded Hood is the best looking. Thieves Guild looks really utilitarian, and has a nice hood for matching with Leather. (To say nothing of Linwe's) Orcish is Brutalful, and the lowest tier I've been able to cap with just Smithing. (And scripted/found enchantments/potions.)

I don't like the look of Daedric, Nightingale (except the boots) nor Shrouded (armor, or robes.) They're just overdone. The Stormcloak Officer's Curiass, and Bear head look pretty silly too, unless I make a character specifically to wear it, and pull it off.

Bourn

Couldn't disagree with this ^ guy more. Daedric, Nightingale, and Shrouded are definitely some of my favorite armor's and the best stats wise, dependent. But everyone has a different opinion. And the Imperial special armor is "Pentus Occulus". It can be looted from any of the agents that you kill.

Oh yeah, the PO is nice for mix&matching too. Lots of good looking stuff in light, to make up for less initial protection.

As for the disagreement, some people like over the top, which those particular pieces are. In certain animations, the spikes on Daedric Armor clips right through your arms, every time. Now, I don't want my characters wearing stuff I wouldn't wear IRL because it keeps stabbing me whenever I move. If you actually took damage from fighting in it, I doubt it would be as popular. I have a bit of an Engineering background, so I see a lot of beauty in functionality. Like Bauhaus (the art/industrial movement, not the band.) I've also fought (reenactments) in Heavy Armor I made myself. I can't stand the look of something I KNOW you couldn't fight in IRL.

I wasn't talking about stats, Scaled is superior to most of the light sets I listed for aesthetic value. Daedric has higher AR (and weight, cost, difficulty to acquire the materials...) than Ebony, but it looks like it was drawn by a 4yo epileptic with a red crayon, black crayon and several Dark Funeral albums for inspiration.

ambiiientz

penitus oculatus bracers & boots w/ mourners clothes look good on male or female builds
i agree w/ psiber... deadric is too overdone

Haru17

Lost Falmer
penitus oculatus bracers & boots w/ mourners clothes look good on male or female builds
i agree w/ psiber... deadric is too overdone

Daedric is less overdone than it was in Oblivion, it has a sharper contrast between the black and red, slit elements, but Daedric is still hyped too much, probable by the wanta-be "hardcore" players who want to seem cool. For light armor Nightengale is definitely cool, but It always seemed to make my head look too small, with beady eyes. I love the Ancient Falmer armor from Dawnguard with Krosis or one of the other dragon priest masks. For heavy armor I love Dwarven, the shields in both Oblivion and Skyrim are so great looking. It's a bit low level though, so Konahrik is a good helm to have (although hard to obtain).

OP seems to be looking for more human knight like armor which, at high armor levels, really doesn't exist much. Ancient Nord armor is a nice one, the only others really are the Wolf Armor and blades armor, which is kind of samurai themed, like the blades.

I think that everyone can agree that dragon plate / scale looks kinda crappy, especially the helms.

I think that everyone can agree that dragon plate / scale looks kinda crappy, especially the helms.
I like the Dragonplate helm, way better than the scale. Other than that, the whole tier looks pretty craptastic to me. The weapons look cool, though.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I like the Dragonplate helm, way better than the scale. Other than that, the whole tier looks pretty craptastic to me. The weapons look cool, though.

GAAHHWWWAHHH??? The dragonplate helm, to me, looks like a warrior-gimp gone wrong. I do enjoy the weapons though, although the whole bone thing makes them look a bit lame, but hey, what're ya gonna do?

I just wish that the god tier of gear didn't look so lame bones (eh he he he).

GAAHHWWWAHHH??? The dragonplate helm, to me, looks like a warrior-gimp gone wrong. I do enjoy the weapons though, although the whole bone thing makes them look a bit lame, but hey, what're ya gonna do?

I just wish that the god tier of gear didn't look so lame bones (eh he he he).
Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think Daedric looks like a Gorn junkie's wet dream, while others seem to be into the whole Black Metal look (like, most everbody.) I guess we really are like snowflakes, huh?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Yeah, I like Daedric's look, but I don't worship it like some. I get really tired of all of the hype about how "it looks sooooooo badass". What I DO worship is the ancient falmer armor with dragon priest helms. But in the end it is just a matter of individual preference / taste.

ambiiientz

back to the op
penitus oculatus armor or solitude guard armor
steel shin boots & bracers
imperial officers helm
skyforge weapons