Console commands for PS3 and 360?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
So I was discussing this a little with someone on Youtube, and we're both playing console versions of Skyrim and we're not sure if you can access the console command in either versions. Obviously, you can do this with the PC version by pressing the `/~ key, I believe. I also did a quick forum search here for it and couldn't find anything.

So has anyone confirmed whether or not you can use a keyboard with a PS3 or 360 and access the console?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
In Skyrim Nexus they have banned talk of "console modding" but i'm not sure what that means.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modding
And console modding has about nothing to do with the subject at hand. :p

Vic, thanks for the answer. I supposed it was worth asking because both home consoles that Skyrim is for support the use of USB keyboards, so I didn't see why they couldn't allow for the console command in those. Oh well.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
have you attempted to use a usb keyboard to access those commands? I am interesting in finding out if it works (shuffles around in stuff for a keyboard) on the xbox I know the chatpad doesn't work

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I don't even have a USB keyboard. All the computers in the house have working keyboards, and I don't do things on my PS3 that requires a keyboard enough to need one. If the console command worked for Skyrim on PS360, I'd certainly get one though. D: