• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Abuse

Hey!

So im in the process of making a Conjurerer class.. Went Nord (don't ask me why.. Wanted to be liked by the people of skyrim tired of hearing "Out of my way, elf etc)

So far he's level 14, just finished Colledge of Winterhold questline, got my uber robe, and that Dragonpriest mask (One with 100% mana regen)

So im torn. I been plannnig on getting that alteration perk where your Oakflesh and those type of spells are more effective, but I'm just in love with this Dragonpriest mask.. (Light armor)

200% + Regen is so nice.

What should I do? Is it worth it to take off the mask, and go for the added bonus of the Perk? or just spec light armor?

Halp!

-Abuse

Stone

Retired Moderator
Personally, I think you should take that mask off and go for the added bonuses. Seen as your wearing the arch-mage robes which give you 100% magicka regeneration anyway, it's more worth having a different bonus as well. However, the mask does look really good, and 200% magicka regeneration can be life-saving in several situations so it's down to what you think.

Abuse

Hmmm. Im not at home right now, do you know the exact bonus it gives? I forget..

Maybe i'll carry the mask for situations where I need an extra 100% mana regen :)

Thanks for reply!

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
Once you get a larger pool of magicka and cost reduction for spells, the regen is not as needed. I keep mine on me too just in case I need it, but I have not yet.

Are you using destruction or just pure conjuration?
Any one handed two handed or bow?

The mage armor perks are okay, but no substitute for smithed armor (obviously). I never use any of the flesh spells. They don't provide enough protection and I don't get hit enough for it to really matter. I guess its because my health is so low that stuff kills me too quickly.

With my build I focused on magicka resistance. The school of restoration actually has perks that increase your regen as well, should you decide to go that path.

Post your specs and We'll help you out.

Chezzy

I used to play FPS games once...
I got my main's conjuration to level 100, I barely need to do anything now so my magicka isn't really needed as much... So the best thing to do is keep your resists high and do the multilplyer for oak/stone/iron flesh etc... Because in the long run you'll save magicka from using restoration spells as often therefore a less recharge rate isn't need.

Abuse

Yeah I wanted to try something different.. Had a melee build, way too easy.

Had an archer, also easy yet fun.

and this is my mage. I was originally planning 2h wep + no armor, but I changed that cause I cant heal efficiently with 2h weps, so Im now bound sword + spell.

Im grabbing some destruction spells for damage, and trying to level my conjuration.

Im still torn between no armor or not, also im not gonna bug my reduction of cast, I feel thats way OP

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I wasn't suggesting that you exploit your casting cost to zero, I'm just saying that you might want to reduce it to be more effective.

Conjuration alone is not too bad cost-wise, but if you use destruction, alteration, and restoration with it then you are going to be hurting for mana in the middle of even moderate fights.

Think about how much you cast. Summon creature, summon weapon, Ironflesh, and a few fireballs later you won't have enough magick to heal or recover stamina to run away.

For your build it sounds like you want some kind of battlemage, so you could do a build like this:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#18909

I left you 5 perks to play around with, hope this helps. You could consider doing smithing or enchanting as well.. I would recommend enchanting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts