• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just got to 100 smithing so I crafted a daedric bow thinking it was the best bow in the game, then I made it legendary thinking that was the highest upgrade you could do? and my damage is only 84, I read other people have their damage for it over 100. Then secondly I was reading and apparantely even though the base damage is better on daedric, when upgraded the glass bow is better, so I crafted a glass bow, went and mined some malachite, smelted, upgraded the bow to legendary and it's lower than daedric at 70 damage.
So I don't know what the hell is up, if I wear an enchanted item say 5-10% better smithing WHILE upgrading the item does that mean when crafted it will be 5-10% higher damage? That's all I can think of right now to try, other than maybe there is a higher improvement you can do than legendary that I don't know about...

Thanks.

Caius

Dovahkiin; Vampire Lord
It might have to do with the OverDraw perk on the archery skill tree, is it maxed at the 5 points?

It might have to do with the OverDraw perk on the archery skill tree, is it maxed at the 5 points?

Ahhh, and a possible prospective answer comes to the table, I am only at 3/5 so far, I'm still leveling archery up.
I didn't know when you upgraded that perk that it actually showed on the item stats? I didn't pay attention to the last couple upgrades I guess because I just recently started using bow as a primary. If that's the case thanks, fast reply too.

But on the second matter, is it true glass bow can be made better than daedric upgraded? Or maybe ebony?

Caius

Dovahkiin; Vampire Lord
Umm, I believe Daedric bow is the best bow, when equipped with Enchantments. I'll link you to a few things about it. And I noticed that the stats went up on armor when I upgraded the Juggernaut skill on Heavy Armour so I would assume it done the same.

Alright cool I'll read that, thanks! I'm gonna have to go do some more hunting and try to level that perk up another notch and see what happens. But if anyone else cares to chime in, please feel free.

Caius

Dovahkiin; Vampire Lord
No problem, let me know how it works out for you.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I just got to 100 smithing so I crafted a daedric bow thinking it was the best bow in the game...
"Best" is a subjective term. In the vanilla game Daedric Bows have the highest base damage which means they can achieve the most damage per shot in the game making it ideal for stealth archers. The Dawnguard DLC introduces Dragonbone weapons, and unlike Dragonplate armor, Dragonbone weapons have a higher base damage than Daedric weapons which makes the Dragonbone Bow the bow with the highest base damage. Dawnguard also introduces crossbows which have an even higher base damage but the rate of fire is slower than bows
then I made it legendary thinking that was the highest upgrade you could do? and my damage is only 84, I read other people have their damage for it over 100.
As Caius implied displayed damage of your weapon is affected by other factors such as your Archery Skill and Archery damage multiplier perks (Overdraw). Fortify Archery enchanted gear and improving the bow at the grindstone with higher Smithing skill achieved through Fortify Smithing gear and potions will also increase the displayed damage.
Then secondly I was reading and apparantely even though the base damage is better on daedric, when upgraded the glass bow is better
That's misinformation written by ignorant players. Base damage always determines which weapon will do more damage when it is improved.
if I wear an enchanted item say 5-10% better smithing WHILE upgrading the item does that mean when crafted it will be 5-10% higher damage?
No. It's more complicated than that. The value is used in one formula to calculate Effective Smithing Skill. That in turn is used in a formula to calculate the number of bonus damage points that are added to the base damage of the weapon. That number in turn is used in a formula for displayed damage.

Don't think I could expect a better reply than that! Thank you for the time. :) although still a little confused on the enchanted smithing part, I don't really know what you mean sorry. is it only really useful if you are below 100 smithing? since I am already able to make these things legendary? anyways appreciate it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...is it only really useful if you are below 100 smithing? since I am already able to make these things legendary? anyways appreciate it.
It's always useful. The quality names stop at Legendary but the Smithing bonus damage continues to increase if you raise your Effective Smithing Skill with Fortify Smithing Enchanted gear and Fortify Smithing potions (ditto for armor rating points for armor).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts