Concerning Dragon Bone Weapons...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jnuh

Last night I created my first batch of enchanted dragon bone weapons...each with at least two powerful enchantments. And I noticed that they DO NOT require soul gems to recharge!!! Is this normal?!? Is this a 'no duh' kinda situation, or what? I hadn't heard about this anywhere else. Someone let me know please. Thanks!

AS88

Staff member
I read somewhere that if your equipment is enchanted for >100% fortify destruction, then they won't use up their enchantment, maybe you're wearing that sort of gear?

jnuh

I read somewhere that if your equipment is enchanted for >100% fortify destruction, then they won't use up their enchantment, maybe you're wearing that sort of gear?
That would explain it. Along with the dragon bone weapons, I also enchanted some dragon scale gear that fortifies all schools of magic and tried it all out at the same time. Cool beans. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

jnuh

hahaha! Pleasantly surprised that anyone would recognize him. I recently watched Nightbreed again for the first time since I was a kid and must say........it does not hold up well. But sometimes nostalgia overrides good taste. :)

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
hahaha! Pleasantly surprised that anyone would recognize him. I recently watched Nightbreed again for the first time since I was a kid and must say........it does not hold up well. But sometimes nostalgia overrides good taste. :)
Ya it's no Cabal but man those one liners by Peloquin are classic! Good to know some peeps know the greatness(craziness) that is buttonface, underrated B movie character. Alright im done with the off topicness apologies!

jnuh

No problem. I appreciate the enthusiasm for a forgotten horror gem. Bit of trivia for you...Any idea who the actor was behind the mask? (cue jeopardy theme)..................
It's none other than filmmaking auteur David Cronenberg! One of my favorite directors in his only acting role. Crazy, huh?
Cabal was a good book with awesome movie potential. They did the best they could with practical effects. It seems like there must have been tons of extra footage. I'd love to see a remastered 3 hour version come out someday! It'll never happen though.
"Ain't nothin in Midian but dead folk"...
Ok, I'll stop now...

Kreshtar

Are you playing on pc? I only ask as my friend likes to play with god mode on now that he beat the game once and as long as god mode is on enchantements do not get used up

nerdymidgetelf

'Hi I'ma a noob to Skyrim. I've heard Dragon bone weapons are really cool, can I loot them from dragons and then forge them into Dragon bone weapons or something? Also, on the subject of Dragons (sorry a bit off topic) will a magical ward defend against their breath? I'd just try it but since I'm only level 8 even a minor ward drains my magika really quickly and the extra magika makes all the difference when you're fighting a dragon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts