Companion's Quest Line Broken??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zeva

Meanwhile in Skyrim...
(Spoilers) Anyone have the problem, after completing Blood's Honour and getting the witch heads, you return to whiterun to find the Silver Hand attacked the Companions.. and quest doesn't update? Bodies just lying around, no ones does anything??

Onyx

Have you entered the hall? I think that triggers a dialogue

zeva

Meanwhile in Skyrim...
Have you entered the hall? I think that triggers a dialogue

If you're talking about down by the living quarters, then yes. I've been going thru and knocking out other quests to see if it will free up, nothing yet. Really bites :sadface:

Onyx

If you're talking about down by the living quarters, then yes. I've been going thru and knocking out other quests to see if it will free up, nothing yet. Really bites :sadface:
That sucks. For when when I returned to the city I saw the bodies and Aela and Farkas (I think) outside with weapons drawn (I coult not have a convo with them though). I then entered the compaions building and pretty much as soon as I entered I think a dialogue triggers (the guy who's name starts with V, cannot remember).

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Vilkas is the person who will initiate the next quest. Should trigger right when you enter Jorrvaskr.

Onyx

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone know why I keep getting the same quests (kill ice wraith in home, kill criminal, etc) from both Vilka and Aela? I don't seem to get any progression in the quests.

Onyx

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone know why I keep getting the same quests (kill ice wraith in home, kill criminal, etc) from both Vilka and Aela? I don't seem to get any progression in the quests.
Hiya,

I think those are the Radiant (i.e Random generated) quests. These quests basically never stop and are sort of fillers for the main companions quest life. Even once those are complete you will probably continue to get those. Same for the other guild quests and also for the bounty's etc, basically a series of never ending quests (although they are all pretty similar so Bethesda can re-use only a few lines of spoken dialogue)

Hiya,

I think those are the Radiant (i.e Random generated) quests. These quests basically never stop and are sort of fillers for the main companions quest life. Even once those are complete you will probably continue to get those. Same for the other guild quests and also for the bounty's etc, basically a series of never ending quests (although they are all pretty similar so Bethesda can re-use only a few lines of spoken dialogue)

Ok. I have the guide book and it doesn't say anything about them being unending. I didn't know if anyone had actually ended the quests or if they are unending like what you said. Thanks for you help!

Onyx

Ok. I have the guide book and it doesn't say anything about them being unending. I didn't know if anyone had actually ended the quests or if they are unending like what you said. Thanks for you help!
Yeah the guidebook does not really mention them (I have it as well :) ), however I think I read it on an IGN aritcle shortly before the game was released where the head honcho at Bethesda said the radiant quests would never run out so you could, in theory continue to play indefinitely.

Article in question: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212048p1.html

The issue is that there seems to be a limited amount of variation to them. For example
Bounty Ones: Go to Cave/Castle/Dungeon X -> Kill Bandit Leader/Monster
Dark Brotherhood: Speak to Person X, Kill Person Y
Thieves Guild: Rob this house, steal X amount value of Stuff etc
Companions: Go to X house/Location, Kill Y monster

Hope this helps :)

Sargeant_002

Whenever I visit Jorrvaskr their are two companions outside in fighting stance with two dead silver hands. Going in the building does nothing for me. I hope they fix this in the next update. Seems DG may have glitched my game in an unfavorable fashion. I'm unable to complete this quest chain and get my GS achievement. Has anyone else run into a stand still?

Brian-

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Whenever I visit Jorrvaskr their are two companions outside in fighting stance with two dead silver hands. Going in the building does nothing for me. I hope they fix this in the next update. Seems DG may have glitched my game in an unfavorable fashion. I'm unable to complete this quest chain and get my GS achievement. Has anyone else run into a stand still?

Brian-

Are you playing on PC?

Sargeant_002

Are you playing on PC?

No, I wish I was. I've seen the videos to use the debug console commands...

I'm on 360. I'm addicted to the GS points system via XBL. It's sad too, I have a nice gaming rig I built. LOL

I thought about uninstalling the DG expansion and trying it again. I may hold off after I get the rest of the achievements...although DG has made the game very unstable...almost to much...not as enjoyable. I hope they iron this out before it hits the other platforms.

Brian-

Auxilium

In my opinion..
No, I wish I was. I've seen the videos to use the debug console commands...

I'm on 360. I'm addicted to the GS points system via XBL. It's sad too, I have a nice gaming rig I built. LOL

I thought about uninstalling the DG expansion and trying it again. I may hold off after I get the rest of the achievements...although DG has made the game very unstable...almost to much...not as enjoyable. I hope they iron this out before it hits the other platforms.

Brian-

Yeah I have it on the 360 and PC, and I prefer PC by far.

Sargeant_002

Yeah I have it on the 360 and PC, and I prefer PC by far.

I'm sure I would prefer it on PC. After I unlock all achievements I may very well switch to PC. I'm still annoyed more games through Steam don't utilize the Windows Live system. The mod's are worth it alone. Also the straight out higher def graphics on the PC look great. One of my best friends has it for PC. I've yet to see it in person however.

I wonder how long it might take to start a new character and focus on the Companion quests....hmmmm...probably to long considering it's so unstable right now. HA

Brian-

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I'm sure I would prefer it on PC. After I unlock all achievements I may very well switch to PC. I'm still annoyed more games through Steam don't utilize the Windows Live system. The mod's are worth it alone. Also the straight out higher def graphics on the PC look great. One of my best friends has it for PC. I've yet to see it in person however.

I wonder how long it might take to start a new character and focus on the Companion quests....hmmmm...probably to long considering it's so unstable right now. HA

Brian-

Yeah, I can definitely tell the difference between the graphics, the mods are amazing and though I don't use anything that makes the game easy, I just use things to make the gamer look better, better looking armor and so forth. Nothing over powering because it kills the game.

I just installed a mod that makes Whiterun much better looking, tree's and bushes everywhere its great. Much more pleasing the the eye.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

Have you tried initiating dialogue with Vilkas? He is supposed to approach you when you enter jorrvaskr, but if he doesn't you could try speaking to him. Worth a try. :)

Sargeant_002

Have you tried initiating dialogue with Vilkas? He is supposed to approach you when you enter jorrvaskr, but if he doesn't you could try speaking to him. Worth a try. :)

I have. I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try not that I cleared the cache. Worst case I complete all other achievements and go back after this one with a new game later.

Brian-

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts