companion's quest help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I had a quest pending for Aela and she died while she was my companion. Now the marker won't show up on the map and when I follow it, I end up in the middle of a field with no creatures to fight, and not in a town with a house that has been taken over by a sabrecat. I can't get other quests from the other companion leaders b/c this one has not been completed. Anyone else have this problem and were able to fix it?

I have the same problem as you, Vilkas died when I was doing Family Heirloom, I resurrected him about a week later (real time) using the console command "resurrect <click target> but the quest is still marked as failed. I even tried using a console command to 'complete' the quest, but that didn't work. I'm at my wits end, I want to continue with the companions quests and can't. I've completed the main storyline and at level 33.