• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

odablast

So I need this settled once and for all. My friend and I have a argument about classes in skyrim. He says thay you should be a warrior because they are unstoppable but I told him that choosing a simple warrior is like a starting class if you are new to games like skyrim so you don't die as much. He disagrees but I feel warriors don't require a lot of skill level as does being a mage or thief. What do you guys think????

LET US SETTLE THIS!!!!

Golgo_SPB

what exactly is the argument about? what's the most powerful build or what takes more skill?

I say anything is powerful with enchanting, alchemy, and smithing.

sneaky is way OP, a good warrior never dies and deals out more damage than a muscle tank on arnie steroids, there is no contest, they both excel in their own way.

I would agree with Golgo. Because of the way the game is structured, the idea of classes is relatively unimportant since you are free to build any character any way you choose.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
My current level 30 mage (uses only fire spells and atronachs and wears only mage robes) is and has been much more powerful than warriors I've played. Granted, my warriors used one-handed weapons and light armor, so they weren't the toughest they could be... but the difference is so vast that I still think my mage could outpower two-handed, heavy armored warriors. My mage has been able to defeat enemies easier and at earlier levels than my warriors have. He's taken on a herd of three mammoths and two giants with my mage, and killed them without getting a scratch—something I never could have done with a warrior. I've also taken out entire Forsworn camps all by myself.

That being said, I think any class could be the "best" depending on A. your own natural preference, and B. what you do with it. I'm naturally a stealthy player, so it's much easier for me to kick ass with a rogue who can one-shot an enemy with a dagger, than with a warrior who goes barrelling into battle with a warhammer. But I know people who hate taking the sneaky route, so they do much better with a warrior. It's more about the player than the class, really.