18+ Circe: Life after Death

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Circe: Life after Death
--------------------------------- Prologue
The thick blades of grass ran smoothly through Circe's small fingers as she sat with crossed legs on the grass. Behind her, her mother sat in a similar position while she plaited the young imperials silky black hair and hummed a quiet tune that the birds in the trees around them seemed to mimic. The air was fresh, as it always was in the forest. Away from the smoke that lingered heavily around her fathers forge next to the house and the fires that that the farmers would make to burn their bad crops. This was what Circe loved, this was where she wanted to be when she was old enough to leave her village and make her way in the world.
"Where did you get such lovely hair," Circe's mother said, breaking the tune she had allowed to echo around the forest. "You can't have got it from me. My hair is brown and wavy, and look, yours is dark and straight," The woman said as she held a lock of her hair against Circe's and held it in front of the little girls face. Circe grinned and turned to face her mother. "and your father! Well, we both know that you didn't get if from him."
Emelia, Circe's mother, spoke with a lively tone to her voice, something that always made the girl smile. They sat there in silence just smiling at each other for a while until her mother reached down to the ground a picked a small white flower from the soil. After inspecting the flower she took it and slid it into Circe's hair, just above her ear.
"Beautiful, just like you. Now, how about some food, eh?"
Emelia stood from the ground and walked over to the picnic basket she had left there earlier. Picking it up, she came back over to Circe and placed it between the two of them.
"What do you feel like?"
"Apples please mama." she said giving her mum a cheeky grin.
"Ok," Her mother began to rummage through the basket, pulling out various different foods and placing them on the ground. "I'm sure your father packed some before... aha, here we go!"
Emelia produced two apples from the basket and passed one over to Circe. The girl took it in both of her hands and took the biggest bite she could from it. As she pulled it away from her face she revealed bits of the fruit to be stuck to her cheeks while the juice ran down her chin from the corners of her mouth. She smiled at her mother and they both began to laugh as Emelia brought a rag from her sleeve and proceeded to wipe her daughters face. They sat there and ate the fruit, bursting into laughter every few second as Circe finished a mouthful until they were once again sitting in silence. A minute or two passed before it was broken once more, this time by Circe.
"I love you mama." She said with sparkling hazel eyes.
"Darling, I love you too."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Authors note: Please leave any feedback or criticism here. I really hope you like this fanfic. Bare in mind that only the prologue and chapter 1 will be in Circe - as a child's point of view. The rest will revolve around her very unique life when she is older, some of which may be inappropriate for younger readers. Also, the actual chapters will be longer than the prologue is. That's all!

Thanks.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
--------------------- Chapter 1: The Apple Of My Eye

"Emelia, darling, don't shout. We don't want to wake her up and make her last hours even more painful than they already are."

A deep and powerful - but at the same time kind compassionate voice rang throughout the house. Circe watched as shadows of her mother and father played across her bedroom wall while they argued just outside. She could see her Fathers back through her half open door and the young imperial wanted to call out to him. She wanted him to pick her up and tell her that it was all going to be all right. But she knew it wasn't. For the past week Circe had lain awake in bed while her parents talked of her nearing death. The pain she was experiencing was unbearable, her stomach felt as if it was being ripped apart by the Daedra themselves and the fever that danced through her body kept her from sleeping. Her face was streaked by the constant tears she had cried and her skin was rough and cracked. She knew she was dying.

"Circe," She heard her mother whisper as she pushed her bedroom door open. "Are you awake?"

"Mama..." She whispered, her voice cracking as she did. She lifted her arm up slightly, trying desperately to reach her mother.

"Darling, oh darling," Emelia rushed across the room and knelt by her bedside, rubbing a hand over the girls forehead. "Do you need a cold rag?"

"It's so painful Mama."

"Miles, get Circe a cold rag, the fever is getting worse!" Her mother called towards her father who stood with a sorrowful look at the doorway.

Circe's father nodded and then made his way towards the kitchen while Emelia remained by Circe and continued to stroke her forehead. Tears began to well up in the woman's eyes as she watched the most important thing in her whole life fade away before her. She took her other hand and grabbed Circe's tightly. Before long tears began to fall from the woman's face and drop silently onto the floorboards of the house. For a minute the only sound in the whole house was that of Emelia's tears hitting the floor, at first slowly with long gaps between each drip, but soon they were almost flowing down her cheeks. Suddenly Circe's door was pushed open and her father came quickly to Emelia's side, handing her a rag that had been placed in cold water.

"Don't worry honey, this should help ease the pain."

She carefully placed the rag on her daughters face and then moved back slightly. Circe looked at her parents with dull, pain-filled hazel eyes that would have usually been so vibrant and forced a weak smile to form on her lips.

"I love you Mama, I love you Papa." She said, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"We know you do, and we love you too. Don't you ever forget that. You're our special little angel."

Emelia continued to grip her daughters hand as her husband wrapped his arms around her. He held her tight as she cried aloud, but then stopped and wiped her eyes, looking at her daughter once more.

"Tomorrow I can bring you some apples from the forest, they're nice and ripe at the moment, would you like that Circe?" She said with a smile on her face, aiming to keep her daughters spirits high, but she found no reply. "Circe, Circe darling, speak to Mama." She began to shake her daughter, hoping she had just fallen asleep. "Oh god, Circe, please wake up! Circe!"

She continued to shake her daughter, still clinging to the hope that she was just so exhausted that she might be in a deep sleep. Then, when she didn't have it in her to shake Circe's body any longer she lay her head on her chest and wept. Her husband now had tears running down his own face while he rubbed Emelia's back. It was ironic how the last words Circe had heard her mother say were you're our special little angel, because in truth, that is what she had been for a while after her death.

The next day the whole village put down their tools to attend a funeral service at the top of Circe's favourite hill. Each member of the village, no matter who they were, had all been touched deeply in some way by Circe during her short, five year life. It may have been by her smile, a smile that could bring light to the darkest of situations, or by her kind and loving personality, something that had helped many of the older villagers to get through her day. Many brought flowers to the funeral and left them above the girls grave while a few brought apples to represent her love for the fruit. Almost everyone atop of the hill that day had cried, even the warriors of the village were not afraid to show their sorrow. Her mother had ended the ceremony with the words, Circe will be greatly missed, we will never forget her. And she was, greatly missed.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Authors note: There had been a change of plan and chapter 2 will also be written about Circe as a child. I'm sorry the story hasn't been extremely interesting, but the next chapter is a lot darker and involves a lot more action. I probably won't have it written until next weekend. Sorry this chapter was quite short. And remember to leave any feedback here.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Next weekend?! What?! This is an outrage! An outrage, I say! :rolleyes:

Awright. I'm already eagerly awaiting Chapter 2. :) (grumble, grumble)

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Another intriguing chapter, looking forward to the next!

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
-------------------------- Chapter 2: Ruby Red Blood
Okan-Ru trudged through the thick mud on the forest floor, his robes now soaked to knee height and his boots caked in the mud below. Even with the candlelight spell above him his eyes could not pierce the dense fog in front of him and he was sure that he had missed his destination by mere metres a while ago. Still, he pressed on, desperately clinging to the small hope that he might find what he was looking for.
"I am sure that it was near here, where the trees begin to thin, that's what I wrote in my notes and the trees have been thinning out for a good thirty minutes now!" The man's voice was like that of a snakes. It echoed around the forest with an eerie ring as he cursed to the ground. His dark green eyes seemed to pulsate as he did so and every muscle in his body began to tense up. With each step he took the shovel that hung from his back made a blunt clanging sound as it his the side of his satchel and the Argonian twitched in an attempt to stop the noise as by now it was beginning to drive him even more insane than he already was.
Ten minutes later the man stopped and leant his tiered body against a tree. He let out a loud sigh and fingered anxiously at the clasp on his satchel. Eventually he undid it and one of his hands delved into the clutter of the bag until it produced a small, purple bottle. Thank god I still have a bottle left. After pulling the cork from the top he pushed the mouth of the bottle to his lips and began to chug back the sweet Skooma and relished the moment is slid down his throat. Okan-Ru's pupils immediately began to decrease in size until they were not much bigger than a grain of sand, his muscles relaxed and his breathing became very heavy. The empty bottle of Skooma fell from the Argonian's hand and began to sink into the mud while he pushed off from his tree and began a meander in the direction he had been heading. Even though, in actual fact he could not see anything much beyond his feet, the world around Okan-Ru looked to be beautiful. The fog around him was a flurry of colours that began to dance before his eyes and without a moment of hesitation the Argonian joined in. He skipped and danced for at least twenty minutes before the effects began to wear of, and, by coincidence he reached his destination.
Okan-Ru's feet reached a gentle slope that he had been to once before, three nights ago. A slope that he planned to never again return to after tonight. As he neared the top of the small incline an object came into view. A small object that as he neared he could see was a gravestone. He came in front of it an knelt down for a moment to read the inscription.
Here lies out special little angel.
We know you have left us to he in a happier place.
R.I.P
Circe Muco
"Ha, you won't be in that happier place much longer," The man said with a sickening smile. "not once I'm done with you."
The Argonian began to laugh as he pulled the shovel from his back and planted it in the ground. He pushed his foot down on the head of the shovel and then threw a large chunk of dirt down the hill. I can't wait to get my hands on this one. He continued to dig until the sun was just about visible above the tree line. It illuminated the whole area with a soft warm glow, but Okan-Ru did not care for it. In fact he hated the sun like a Vampire did. So when the blunt sound of his shovel hitting wood came he almost collapsed with relief. His scarred hands began to furiously work at the soil until he had uncovered the top of a small coffin.
"Finally, I shall have my prize."
The Argonian pushed his fingers beneath the rim of the coffin and began to pull the top from the wood. It didn't take long. The wood was already beginning to decay due to the damp of the ground and he suspected that if it had of been left there any longer then it would have collapsed. He then stared wide-eyed at the body inside. The body of Circe. Her skin was no longer the glowing, healthy pink it had been a few weeks earlier, instead it was black and rotten. Although her face was still easily recognisable it was beginning to sink down on itself making her jaw and cheek bones extremely obvious. Okan-Ru did not see and dead girl though, he saw a test subject. After grabbing the body and throwing it over his shoulder he left. He didn't close up the coffin, he didn't fill in the hole he had dug. Instead he left it open for Circe's grieving parents to see.​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"Yes, yes, we shall add a little bit of that. Just a drop of that and... yes, some of that." Okan-Ru stood at a cramped stone table that was covered with bottles of various sizes, filled with liquids of various colours. He had a crazed smile across his face as he added ingredients to a small vial he held in his hand. Not too far away, across the small stone room that the Argonian stood in lay the body of Circe on a raised stone platform sitting in the middle of the room. Across the girls arms were dozens of small holes, as if someone had poked a pin through the dead flesh over and over. She almost looked as if she could be alive, just sleeping. But if one looked closer they would easily see that she lacked the gentle rise and fall of her chest that told everyone that she was in fact breathing.
"Done!" The Argonian shouted, holding the vial in his hand up to the candle of his table. "This must work!"
He moved quickly over to the body of Circe and placed the vial of cloudy liquid down for a moment while his hands moved to another table in the room and picked up a needle with a small tube on the top. Holding the needle in one hand and the vial in the other he began to pour the liquid into the needle until the tube on top was full.
"Perfect."
He moved his eyes close to the tube and shook it for a moment. When he stopped, he watched the thick liquid settle before taking it the the arm of Circe. Brining the needle millimetres away from her skin he suddenly stopped and looked at her closed eyes.
"Now hold still, this won't hurt too much. Oh wait, of course you'll hold still, your dead."
As he finished his sentence he thrust the needle into the girls arm, after letting all of the liquid flow into her vein he pulled it free and then threw in on the ground. The Argonian stood with an excited look on his face for at least ten minutes, when suddenly his expression changed. He began the process that he had been through each time the experiment had failed. He creased up his face and looked at Circe's body with disgust as he took a step back.
"How dare you! You disgusting creation of nature! How dare you not rise for me!" He wailed, throwing his arms in the air in rage.
He took a few more steps backwards until he was standing by the table that was occupied by all of his vials, turned around sharply, and then reached for a small bottle that was filled with a red liquid. He grabbed it and held the label up to his face.
-VAMPIRE BLOOD-
He began to laugh to himself as he took the bottle and moved over to Circe's body, picking up another needle as he did so. This was something he had not done after his other failed experiments. Then, he went through the same process he had been through just moments earlier and thrust the needle into Circe arm.
"You will rise for me! Do you hear me? You will rise for your master!" But there was no reply.
The Argonian's eyes widened in fury as he saw that the girl did not move. It would have been impossible for her to have risen so quickly, but the necromancer was angry. He did not care if it was possible or not, he just wanted it to happen. He spat on the girls body and then stormed off through a small metal door and did not return until morning.
-------------------------------------------------------------------​
It was early morning. Okan-Ru's underground lair was silent. Outside birds could be heard singing and the sunlight was sent streaming through small holes in the roof of the stone room. The only movement was that of a pair of eyelids, closing for a split second and then re-opening to allow the red eyes behind them to observe the room they were in. Circe sat upright on the stone table that she had been lying dead on only hours earlier with a small innocent smile on her face. She remained still and silent, only moving her eyes to observe the room when she heard movement coming from another room, through a thick metal door. Circe's expression changed slightly and she watched the door for a while until it suddenly flew open and an Argonian man emerged from within humming a tune. He walked straight past Circe towards a set of shelves of the opposite wall and grabbed a bowl and a mug before walking past Circe once more. He looked at her and smiled before stopping suddenly. His mouth fell open and he let his mug and bowl fall to the floor.​
"...Circe?"

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Authors note: Hope you enjoyed the second chapter. I am sorry if my writing wasn't very good, I am actually ill at the moment but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. I am actually really nervous about posting my writing in my own fanfic because it is purely my writing and it can't be hidden behind others as it can be in RP's. I just have one announcement to make, there will be one more chapter about Circe as a child. Sorry if you are getting bored of her being a child, but I just haven't got the time to fit it all into one chapter.

Bye!

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Well I for one find it intriguing. As I've said. But anyways, more to the point, this was another great chapter.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
----------------- Chapter 3: One Year Later
"Father!" The young Imperial girl called from her bedroom while she lay on her bed. "Father, I'm hungry!"
There was a moment of silence in the underground lair. Circe let out a sigh that blew stray hairs from her face and then rolled onto her side, reaching for a small bedside table that was occupied by dozens of empty bottles. She grabbed one of them and tipped it upside down. Her eyes grew a darker shade of crimson than they already were as she saw that it's contents were non-existent and she threw it with force against the stone wall at the foot of her bed.
"Father!" she called on more time and awaited an response.
Not even a second later the thick metal door to her room was pushed open and Okan-Ru entered, a large sack over his shoulder. He struggled to her side and then allowed the sack to fall to the floor with a sickening crunch.
"Yes Circe, I am here. You must learn to be patient." He said as he caught his breath and then regained his composure.
"And you must learn to be quicker with my meals!" Circe moved her legs over the side of the bed and looked down at the sack on the floor. "Male, or female?"
"Male as always. It is an Orc, I hope you don't mind."
"Not at all."
Circe moved off of the bed and knelt besides the Sack. She ran her nails across the weaving until she caught a loose thread and proceeded to pull at it until there was a hole in the fabric large enough to see the Orc's chest. There was a large wound running the length of the man's ribs that cut straight through his heart. It still pumped out warm red liquid and Circe moved her mouth down to it , beginning to lick at it furiously. Once all traces of blood from the wound were gone she made a larger rip in the fabric and dragged the corpse onto her bed where she admired it for a while.
"I killed him little over an hour ago. He was chasing a deer through the forest, he never did get to see that kill through though." The Argonian said with a dark laugh as he moved towards the door.
"Father," Circe's voice echoed around the room and a chill was sent down Okan-Ru's spine at the tone the girl had used. "When can I go and find my own meals?"
The Argonian turned around slowly and looked his adopted daughter in the eyes. This question had be coming up more and more frequently in the past few weeks and he knew that soon he wouldn't have the strength to stop her. She was six years of age now, but her appearance hadn't changed from what it had been prior to her resurrection. Since being turned into the Vampire that Okan-Ru had soon realised Circe was after injecting fresh Vampire blood into her, the girls strength had increased steadily with each feed. Up until recently he had still been able to overpower her if she happened to have one of her tantrums, but now it was becoming increasingly difficult. That was why he had installed locks on her bedroom door.
"Circe, you know you are not ready to go outside. You are too young."
"But will I not always be this young, in appearance at least?" She pushed the Orc's body aside as if it had become unimportant and stood at the side of her bed, a seemingly innocent smile on her face.
Okan-Ru took a step backwards so that he was just outside of Circe's bedroom. "Yes, but you have only been a Vampire for little more than a year. Surely you must realise that you are not ready yet?"
"Perhaps. You know, you never did tell me about my past. You promised you would tell me."
"Not yet. I will tell you when I feel you need to know."
Circe's face flushed red with anger and she took a heavy step forward, raising an eyebrow as if to ask the man if he really wanted to go through with this. After mouthing the word sorry to Circe he reached his hand out to the metal door and pulled it shut as quickly as he could. By the time the latch on the door was locked Circe was already at the other side, her face pressed closely against the metal grating covering a small square hole in the centre of the door.
"Darling," the Argonian began as his fingers felt for one of the many locks on the outside of the door. "the world is not ready for you yet. Let me continue to feed you for a few more weeks, and then you can catch you own meals."
"Father, you will regret this!" The girl said, raising her fists in the air and pounding against the door. "Let me out now or you will regret this!"
"It is late Circe, sleep now."
Okan-Ru finished with the final lock and turned his back on the girl, ignoring her cries for attention. He hoped - he hoped for his life - that this was just a phase. He knew that children had tantrums, and the Argonian was sure that in time the girl would learn to control her anger. He finished his experiments for the night, all the while Circe was watching him through the hole in the door, before he went in his own room for some well earned rest. His room was similar to Circe's, only slightly bigger. It housed a basic double bed with tables at either side, a desk and a few shelves, nothing sentimental could be seen. Okan-Ru took off his robes and laid them neatly over the end of the bed before climbing under the covers and sighing. He had never intended for the girl to end up the way she did. In all honesty he never thought that her resurrection would be successful. Now that he knew however, he could use the knowledge to become a very powerful man. With that though in mind he closed his eyes and drifted gradually off to sleep.​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"Father, father, father, how foolish it was of you to lock me in my room. Surely you knew that you couldn't hold me there forever?"
The voice hit Okan-Ru's eardrums like an arrow would a deer's heart, it was unexpected and powerful, but worst of all it was close. It felt like mere minutes since he had drifted off into his slumber and now he was being awoken again by something terrible. Slowly - and ever so painfully - the Argonian's eyelids parted and revealed his reptilian-like eyes to the nightmare before him. At first the world was blurred, and while his eyes adjusted he listened to the footsteps that came from the opposite end of the room. Another minute passed and finally his eyes focused on the girl that stood at the end of his bed, Circe. She paced about with a sly look plastered across her face. Crimson eyes pierced the darkness of the room, lit purely by the candle on the table to Okan-Ru's left, and small white fangs reflected and eerie pattern across the ceiling. Surely this was just a cruel trick conjured by the Daedra, but alas, it was not.​
"Circe? What are you doing?" The Argonian said, sitting up on his bed as sweat dripped from his forehead.
"Only getting the revenge I am owed for being locked up in that room for so long. I did tell you that you would regret putting me in there."
"H-how did you get out? All of the locks were secure, I made sure."
"I am stronger than you think father, you shouldn't have underestimated me."
"Circe, please, understand that it was for your own good!"
"It was not though was it father! You locked me in there because you were afraid of me, of what I could do!"
Okan-Ru bowed his head for a moment, knowing that in the company of the girl he had in fact feared for his own life more than once. "Maybe, but I was more worried about what the world would do to you."
"I am more than capable of fending for myself father, you do not need to worry about me." Circe ceased her pacing and now moved quickly over to the man's side. "Anyway, we are not here to talk about your wrong doings, that time has passed. We're here to talk about my revenge."
"Revenge?" The Argonian's voice trembled and he shook at the thought of what Circe's 'revenge' might entail. "Do you... Do you really think that is necessary?"
"Of course."
Now from the Argonian's side Circe reached out her hand and put one finger on his neck. She looked the necromancer in the eye with a sickening grin but he was forced to look away as the thoughts of what she would do to him were ignited in his imagination.
"After all I have done for you my dear Circe, is this really how it will end?"
"Well that depends father," she said with a little laugh "will you let me go outside?"
"Not with my dying breath. You are not ready yet." He had new-found confidence, knowing that he would most likely die anyway he would not let his authority be disregarded while he still lived.
"Well, it's a good think that I don't need your consent any more. You're last breath is closer than you think."
With that she thrust her nails into the Argonian's neck and ripped a large chunk of scaly flesh from the most vital place, the place where the Argonian's jugular vein now sat torn apart. Circe's eyes widened at the sight of the blood and immediately began to suck at it and revel in it's beauty. While this continued the owner of the blood sat motionless with wide eyes much like Circe's, but these eyes were bloodshot and the life in them was rapidly decreasing. With the dying breath that Circe had mentioned only a few second ago, Okan-Ru lifted his head ever so slightly and said something that would stick with Circe for the rest of her life.
"I guess you will never know who you're family were, you foolish little girl."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Authors note: I have finally got this fanfic back on the road again. I am sorry for not updating it in so long but I became tied up with lots of things on and off of the site. Soon I am planning to get a sig for this fanfic which will attract more people, but for now make sure to tell you friends! Oh god, that was a bit of a cheesy advertisement. ;)

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Another excellent chapter!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts