• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sithwalker73

Just wondering if any of you true Skyrim fans have wondered why Solstiem has a lack of children??? Or why there are no horses. And why are the children that do exist in Skyrim of a human nature? I for one would find it highly entertaining to see argonian children running around. Or Orc children practicing with swords in one of their strongholds. Or am i on my own with this one.

JClarke1953

Perhaps it was considered to be to harsh of an environment for children, all I know is the only char you can take with you is your follower.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Well as far as I know, no Orc Strongholds on Solstheim. The actual city Solstheim is a mining city I believe, so no need for children. As for horses, your guess is as good as mine. I would say its because none of the citizens have (or want) to actually travel out of the city, seeing as there are no other settlements they want to visit. In fact they only have one child and that's at the Skald Encampment, and she doesn't do very much I think. And I think you don't see any Orc children is because only the chief can mate, and maybe he doesn't want any more kids. That or he had an old medieval times version of a vasectomy.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Just wondering if any of you true Skyrim fans have wondered why Solstiem has a lack of children??? Or why there are no horses. And why are the children that do exist in Skyrim of a human nature? I for one would find it highly entertaining to see argonian children running around. Or Orc children practicing with swords in one of their strongholds. Or am i on my own with this one.

The main reason I would guess is that elves live a lot longer than men so there would be far fewer children, and any children would probably be in 1 of the elven home lands. As for Solstheim it is a mining town which is said in the game to be on the frontier, It's constantly being attacked by ash spawn and theres not much on Solstheim, there's no potential jobs or any industry, the towns only source of substantial revenue is the mine which is closed.
In other words why would anyone have children on Solstheim?
I presume there are no horses because the dunmer normally use those silt striders for transport, the island is relatively small and there is no reason to travel anywhere outside of raven rock.
As for Argonian children, I believe they have to hatch close to the hist in blackmarsh and cannot anywhere else, For Orcs I presume it's the same reason as with other elves.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The main reason I would guess is that elves live a lot longer than men so there would be far fewer children, and any children would probably be in 1 of the elven home lands. As for Solstheim it is a mining town which is said in the game to be on the frontier, It's constantly being attacked by ash spawn and theres not much on Solstheim, there's no potential jobs or any industry, the towns only source of substantial revenue is the mine which is closed.
I presume there are no horses because the dunmer normally use those silt striders for transport, the island is relatively small and there is no reason to travel anywhere outside of raven rock.
As for Argonian children, I believe they have to hatch close to the hist in blackmarsh and cannot anywhere else, For Orcs I presume it's the same reason as with other elves.

Elves are actually very sexual, quite extremely sexual when they're young, they grow out of it though. High Elf children I suppose would be lacking, I think they still kill nine out of ten of them to maintain a pure race. Dark elves I have no idea. I wouldn't mind a trip to Valenwood and Summerset Isles, get me some Elven ladies.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
That or he had an old medieval times version of a vasectomy.

Took an arrow in the nuts?

But yeah I think its wierd how there are only human children, but I got used to it, just like the fact that Riften has a sewer, but no toilets. Or Lund's hut is bigger on the inside than the outside. Or tnhe only pheasants in the game are dead. I actually find all these things quite amusing so they dont really bother me too much.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I had never noticed the lack of other children other than humanoid kids until others started pointing it out. I always assumed that perhaps the kids of Elven, Khajit, Argonian and Orc races were brought up in their own homelands.

As for Solstheim, perhaps the ashy air is too thick for children to breathe and so any kids born there are sent to other lands to be brought up.

Either that or as someone mentioned...the ash and the fumes makes everyone sterile.

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
It does bug me a bit only seeing a small handful of human children. It would be nice to see an equal variety for all of the races.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
I remember when I played Morrowind, their are no horses as the environment wasn't suited to them and as stated earlier they use stilt riders which are cool. Playing this dlc makes me want to return to Vvardenfell. Would be awesome to see split between Dunmer and Argonians.

FullmetalHeart20

Elves are actually very sexual, quite extremely sexual when they're young, they grow out of it though. High Elf children I suppose would be lacking, I think they still kill nine out of ten of them to maintain a pure race. Dark elves I have no idea. I wouldn't mind a trip to Valenwood and Summerset Isles, get me some Elven ladies.
Why wait? There are plenty in the land of Skyrim!

Nakatsu_Hime

There are horses. Carts have them at the pointy end, and you'll find stables outside some large towns.

They are also a possible component of some fast-food served around the Riften district, but this is as yet unconfirmed.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Doesn't matter why, just matters that moms and dads everywhere want to have a little fun every now and then.
Kids happen whether people try or not.

Lizard master 3

It is plopsty because it is unrealistic

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
Dear bethesda, WE WANT DEM KITTEN KIDDIES AND STUFFS. Nuff said :D