• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
Do you consider the arrow duplication in Solitude cheating?? When you give on of the guards shooting at the targets, lets say orcish arrows, and he produces an infinite amount, do you consider that cheating?? Just wanting to see what people would say :)

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I've never done it with high up arrows, but early on in the game I did that with my first sneak character. I see nothing wrong with it. I don't do it on my role playing characters, but I did do it.

JoeReese

I don't think cheating is really an issue, when the only player is you. Is it something that brings you joy? If you were in a game with other players, whose chance of winning changed because of it, then I'd say "Yes, it's cheating," but you're not. Do whatever gives you the most enjoyment.

On one player games, the use of exploits may or may not eventually make the game too easy for you, which would result in you not having as much fun as you would otherwise. Earlier on, I did the restoration potion glitch. It was great for a little while, but then I felt like something out of Monty Python. I wound up dumping off the over-the-line armors and weapons, and going back to the game-supplied elixirs and my own enchanting/smithing skill. I still wear four pieces of enchanted gear, but they're enchanted with a game-supplied elixir, and I have a little more challenging game. I find I like it better that way.

Arrow duplication is something I take horrific advantage of, though. I found a few Daedric arrows on a Centurion, gave one to Lydia, and then to Mjoll. I now have like 250 of them, just from collecting what she shoots, but then I stink so badly at archery that I need all the help I can get.

Saozig

Hippy
I have done a version of the arrow regen cheat with followers who use bows. Give them some daedric arrows, say 5 of them, and them collect them off the corpses. This worked great for me with Jordis. You don't rack up a lot quickly, maybe one arrow fr every 3-4 kills, but overtime it adds up. It beats getting caught trying to pickpocket the guard. I kind don't see that as a bad cheat because you cant make arrows yourself, and all the suppliers of arrows have random inventory. This way you have a regular, but modest, source of arrows.

Now the Feandal cheat makes me feel guilty: do his favor, ask him to follow, train with him, and as to trade things with him and take back your gold. That one I have done in the past and now try to resist because it takes a little from the game for me, because I really like improving skills on my own. Now if I give Feandal gold, he gets to keep it.

There are a few other cheats (or should we say "shortcuts"?) I know of but have never used.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There's nothing to consider. It's cheating. Using any glitched game mechanic not intended by the developers is by definition cheating but as others have said it doesn't really matter in a single player game.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Its more of an exploit than a cheat. I would personally never use any exploits but if you find it more fun to have hundreds of arrows then thats what really matters.

Alex H

In single player games, do whatever you want to have fun - you're not ruining the game for anybody else. I mean, would you say it's just not okay to use console commands and go godmode for fun? If infinite arrows floats your boat, by all means, do it.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I always found that if you have a beefy bow, it really won't matter much what arrows you actually use. And you can't crawl through any dungeon without picking up TONS of nordic, steel or iron arrows by the time you've gotten out the other side.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Its not cheating, its called exploitation. Cheating is purposely altering game mechanics through console or other means (cheats that are hidden within a game such as Health + Ammo cheat in GTA or the God mode cheat that you can enable via console in Skyrim), its just a bug you're taking advantage of. Some people may define it as cheating, but that's certainly not how I look at it.

While I stay away from exploits or cheats, especially in a game like Skyrim because I believe it takes away from the experience and purpose of the game all together, its really up to you to use it and if you feel it makes your game better, by all means. Not like arrows are a rare commodity in Skyrim, I always find I have hundreds more than I ever need.

DalenHill

I don't consider it to be a cheat. I mean, it can be tough for new Players(especially the ones who haven't played many RPG Games), to get a good amount of arrows. Some people just have a sucky aim, and they need to ''cheat'', although, I consider it to be just a little exploit.

For the Archers who aren't especialized in sneaking, getting arrows(high-quality ones, of course), is kinda fail, since you will most times get spotted by the enemy, and if you don't have a companion, such as a ''Tank'', to keep the bad guys busy, running while shooting doesn't work really well, especially when you're low on Stamina, and don't have that perk tha slows time by 25%-50%.

Now, if I'd play as an archer, i wouldn't, in any way, do this. With a bit of patience, you can overload your characters with arrows pretty easily, and in Skyrim, there's no excuse for ''low amount of ammo'', or the item's weight. In Oblivion I had some pretty bad times running from minotaurs because of this. but in Skyrim? Humph.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts