Character Stops Moving upon Animation

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
So the other day I was trying to make some poisons at an alchemy workbench. However, when I activate it, my character stops moving for a split second, and is from then on unable to go into first person ever again. I never enter the alchemy screen, and this happens to every single crafting station as well as horses. Trying to feed on NPCs is an even bigger issue. After an attempt to feed, my character freezes in that stance. Forever. As far as I can figure, whenever my character should go into an animation, the game bugs out. Killcams are the only animation not affected.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I turned off AI for my character accidentally. Toggling AI on fixed the glitch completely.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Are you playing on console or PC? If we don't know what platform you're using, it's more difficult for us to suggest solutions.

I play PC myself, and know that if you have any mods installed that affect character movements they can cause glitches and bugs like this. Any mod that edits the way your character stands while idle, or any mods that provides tools that allow you to pose your character for the purpose of screenshots or the like can cause animation glitches. Do you have anything of that nature installed?

OvoidAxhead

When a regular axe just won't cut it.
I play on pc. When I disabled all of my mods, it was still bugged. I cleaned all of my mods using TES5Edit and used BOSS, but it's still broken. I'll try making a new game without any mods so I can see if that fixes it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts