• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I had this weird/interesting idea for a new character.

I was thinking about an Orc berserker dual wielding axes in Light/heavy armor, being a total jerk. He would simply kill anyone he saw and not really care about consequences. He would also be a werewolf, so I'd have to refrain from killing random people until reaching that point in the Companions questline.

Now, my real question is, should I go for the Steed stone with Heavy armor, or the Lord stone with Light armor? Also, does anyone of you have any experience playing a character of such "moral character"?

Any new ideas more than welcome!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well you may want to develop the character just a little bit more. Mindless killing can be fun, for a while, but I find that it can get old pretty quick. You could try changing it up, living within one of the orc strongholds, maybe getting an orc follower as well. Not sure if you play on PC or console but... you could really RP a good orc war chief or raider whose group goes out and attacks villages and the like. Just a thought anyway.

Cherry

Orc strongholds? Never heard of those before. Certainly an interesting idea.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Orc strongholds like mentioned above also have their own crime system, therefore any bounty u accumalate elsewhere in the hold will not be in effect inside the Orc stronghold. Also to keep in mind you might want to steer clear of lycanthropy just because u won't gain any resting bonus and since ur using either steed or lord stone you might want to retain any combat bonuses u can get ur hands on.

Lord stone will be the way to go though since carry weight is unimportant whenu have high stamina and progress along the hvy/lgt armor skil, line (although light armor does grant the weightless perk earlier.

Have fun!

Cherry

Thanks for the input! I had already decided to go for the Light Armor+ Lord Stone combo. I was also thinking about the Lady Stone (or whatever, the stone that gives better health and stamina regen). How would that stone work on a berserker like character?

Also, I have two questions:

1. What sleeping bonuses are you talking about? I only ever slept in Oblivion to level up or trigger something like the Dark Brotherhood questline, so I've pretty much never slept in Skyrim.

2. I read about the Orc Strongholds, and was wondering can I challenge the chief of a stronghold and become the chief myself?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
No, you can't actually challenge a chief to take over, unless there is a mod for that? I'm not sure. And sleeping in Skyrim is only useful for two things: RPing or if you are married (which grants you a xp bonus if you sleep in the same bed as your spouse). So being a werewolf would cancel out the spouse bonus.

I can't remember about the stones though so sorry.

Cherry

Ok, well I play on Xbox so mods wouldn't help me anyway. Too bad I can't be like a warchief for the other orcs, but I guess it's good to have some kind of "base" where I can always go. About the stones, I guess I'll just try out both of them and see how they work.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Actually sleeping grants a bonus regardless if ur married. The bonus applies to leveling up skills faster. Having a "well rested bonus" will allow u to learn skills faster. And while you can't be the chief u can marry several orcs from some of the strongholds.

Lady stone would be interesting but if ur planning to use the perks in the 2h tree there's epseveral perks that help u reduce stamina consumption

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts