• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
Just kind of curious if anyone else simulates the aging process with their character. I treat them like they're about 20 years old until about level 30, then I get my face changed to look a little older, maybe add some scars and whatnot, grow hair, or grow a beard. Then when I get to 40, 50, 60, and so on, I make them look that many years old. Since the game doesn't age your character automatically, I thought it was really cool for role-playing.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
That is a spectacular idea.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Remind me not to use the Oghma Infinium exploit if I explore this method of role play. Going from age 20 to 81 in six minutes would be quite miserable.

Tyrone

I do it already for most of my characters. add facial hair and whatnot to them if they level high enough.

You can change your looks by purchasing dawnguard and talking to the facesculptor sittiing to the left of the platform in the ragged flaggon, once you walk close enough to her she will start a conversation. It costs 1000 gold to change though.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
^ This. How do you change your looks? 'Cause I think the aging idea is brilliant.
For the vanilla version of the game you can only do it on a PC. You can change your appearance by using the showracemenu console command. If you change your race though you will break your character's stats so it's prudent to make a backup save of your game before using this command.

I don't do anything like this because the timescale of the game is only 20:1 so you really shouldn't be aging that much in game time even if you play a lot. From an immersion POV aging should be a function of game time not your level.

KC95

I do that. Not exactly age them, because ew old people. But, I do give them a scar, or change of hairstyle after they get to a certain level and more established in the region. I also make them one or two steps skinnier, since I imagine Skyrim makes people lean because of the harsh weather and there are no fatties in the entire province.

Just kind of curious if anyone else simulates the aging process with their character. I treat them like they're about 20 years old until about level 30, then I get my face changed to look a little older, maybe add some scars and whatnot, grow hair, or grow a beard. Then when I get to 40, 50, 60, and so on, I make them look that many years old. Since the game doesn't age your character automatically, I thought it was really cool for role-playing.
I do, but not for every build. Some start off with that complection because the build I'm planning just screams "EXPERIENCE!" I don't on Altmer characters, because they're immortal. I figure the high ranking ones like Elenwen, Ancano, and Ondolemar are probably Centuries old at this point, to have reached such senior positions of Power.

Moris

I do that. Not exactly age them, because ew old people.

:sadface:

*bursts into tears*

--

Actually, all my characters are young too. But I rationalize it because I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

ETA: Also it seems odd to me that someone of advanced years would be so lacking in skills....

Let's see, you're 60. You've been wandering the dangerous roads of Skryim for 50 years, and you only have 15 points in destruction and 20 in one-handed (etc, etc)? How have you been defending yourself?? Perhaps you're a dimwit? But if you are, what suddenly made your mind so supple that you begin learning again with such rapidity?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts