Catching butterflies, moths etc.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If you are like me, you get tired of running round the meadows, waving you arms like an idiot, or falling off cliffs, or bumping into giants, all while trying to catch a butterfly, moth or torchbug. Relax, a solution is at hand!

Fus-Ro-Dah!

Hit those buggers and they fall to the ground where you can pick them up at leisure.

JoeReese

This is how fishing with an RPG came about, isn't it?

This is how fishing with an RPG came about, isn't it?
Trouble is, most magic doesn't work well under water: I'm still waiting for a stick of dynamite for the fish!

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Butterflies can be annoying, but it's dragonflies that annoy me. They hover in one spot right up until I reach them then suddenly dart off leaving me with no idea where they went

At least dragonflies aren't very good and not worth the effort. Blue butterflies are great (fortify enchanting, damage magica regen), yellow butterflies are decent (health) and luna moths are awesome (invisibility). I might try that shout tactic. Shouting at butterflies seems a bit wacky, but not more than jumping up and down hammering A (waving arms)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Unrelenting force, and flames. Gotta try that, thanks!