Carrying weight without setav or modav

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Diamondela

Once again, hello everyone!

My question: Besides setav or modav command consoles, can I legitimately create boots that carry more than +30 or whatever? Someone told me about some sort of fortify enchanting potions. I'd rather add a ton of those with command console than actually use setav or modav since I'm transferring back to 360. Not sure how those would effect the game.

One more question- can you increase text size in the game using CC? Probably not but wishful thinking. Everything is very small and I'll have to unmount my TV to be able to actually read the dialogue in the future.

Thanks! :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I'm not sure about text size, but regarding carry weight. I'm not 100% sure about native ways to increase it other than the ones already known. There are a couple mods, however, that allow you to equip/wear things like backpacks, satchels, etc to add to your carry weight. I can't think of the names at the moment but I could look it up if you are interested.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Oh. You mentioned the setav/modav so I assumed PC. In that case, I hope someone can help you with suggestions for the 360.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I guess you have a way to tranfer your PC save game to the XBOX? If you do that I don't think you should use any mods.

There is a potion to increase your carry weight temporarily and i think there is also an enchantment you can learn and apply to your gear . Also, some perks improve on it too, like the perk that makes light armor weightless if you wear all light armor...

I really don't recommend doing it. Don't increase your carry weight much, either by cheating or legitimately. Get the stamina you need for combat, and no more. Keep the best of the weapons and armour you decide to use (one or two-handed, light or heavy) and improve them at the forge. Get rid of the rest. If you don't use magic, don't keep magicka-related potions, for example. Carry less and don't worry about gear too much. There are more fun ways, or at least less tedious ways to make money There is a ton of stuff you can find and buy in the game, you don't really need to carry more than your normal weight limit, and even that is too much as it means you spend more time browsing through all the stuff in your inventory and less time adventuring. Doesn't it feel weird being able to carry half a dozen axes and suits of armor, ingots and dozens of glass bottles?

If you limit your inventory so that you don't have to scroll down in each section you may find it a lot easier to manage your stuff. I don't know about you but spending lots of time and mental energy managing dozens of items is too much like work?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
This belongs in the Help forum not the Mods forum. You can enchant boots with a Fortify Carry Weight strength of 37 with an Enchanting build and 43 if you also have an Alchemy build. You can get somewhere in between without an Alchemy build but with an Enchanter's Elixir.

ShadowGambit

On PC, you can get the "Bandolier - Bags & Patch" mod. It is a nice one and it will increase your carry weight by a maximum of 300

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts