• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Niflheimr

I started a new character, a male Khajiit who's focused on stealth. I got him into level 5 and made the trip to Riften to join the Thieves Guild. I did the first quest then went to the ratway to reach the Ragged Flagon and the guy who gave me the mention would never show up there and he'd still be up there talking about his new item that he wants to sell. Many other NPCs are there too, and they never move.

So fluffing annoying ruined a character for me.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
It's a known bug, but if you've reached level 5 that's not too hard to get back, honestly.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thieves_Guild_(Skyrim)

Bugs
  • If after finishing planting the ring for Brynjolf, there is a person who you can talk to that will reactivate the quest to talk to Brynjolf to plant the ring. But at this point, Brynjolf will stand in the market place in his armor (as if he is still distracting to people) and you will be unable to get him into the Ragged Flagon. When talking to him he will only say to talk to him in the Flaggon, but he will never appear there thus making it impossible to join the guild.
Also this appears to be fixed in 1.4 patch
Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing

Maz

Happened to me on my lvl 22. He got bugged as well. So I deleted the character and made another;within an hour 30mins he was level 18, and I'll re attempt joining Thieves Guild.

Gotta love how easy it is to level up :D

Niflheimr

It's a known bug, but if you've reached level 5 that's not too hard to get back, honestly.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thieves_Guild_(Skyrim)

Bugs
  • If after finishing planting the ring for Brynjolf, there is a person who you can talk to that will reactivate the quest to talk to Brynjolf to plant the ring. But at this point, Brynjolf will stand in the market place in his armor (as if he is still distracting to people) and you will be unable to get him into the Ragged Flagon. When talking to him he will only say to talk to him in the Flaggon, but he will never appear there thus making it impossible to join the guild.
Also this appears to be fixed in 1.4 patch

Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing

Thing is it's my only save with this character.

Niflheimr

Happened to me on my lvl 22. He got bugged as well. So I deleted the character and made another;within an hour 30mins he was level 18, and I'll re attempt joining Thieves Guild.

Gotta love how easy it is to level up :D

How do you level up this fast? Are you using the exploits and such stuff? Because I don't do that, and don't like to.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
You can reach level 20 before escaping helgen. it's not recommended though since you'll be at 100 sneak and maybe 30 one-handed/two-handed. very gimp when it comes to facing mobs.

Maz

How do you level up this fast? Are you using the exploits and such stuff? Because I don't do that, and don't like to.
When you get to the bear part Hadvar/Ralof, go into sneak mode and attack him once every 5 seconds. I did this to 100 sneak and around 35one handed.

You can do this with all skills-destruction, archery(very limited due to arrows though) one handed, 2 handed, sneak,

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts