Can't Decide between Stormcloaks or Imperials...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

So what do you think?

• Stormcloaks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Imperials

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Its not like todays war in middle east. It is a war on home turf. Everyone needs to pitch in. If you dont pitch in and help your neighbours, your country etc then what a hell do you want?
I dont agree with war in middle east and all that. But if my country was invaded I can hate the government and dislike the president but I would still do my duty.

The question is why should he do it? They arent pitching in so why should he pitch in for them? Since they clearly have no intention of joining the cause or suport their city.

Actually, if I hated my government, and was being persecuted and denied any justice, I would probably help the invaders.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
The imperials are following the orders of the White-Gold-Concordant (by not worshiping Talos.)

The Stormcloaks are rightfully angry, but the only thing saving Skyrim from being decimated by the Aldmeri Dominion (a much larger, more viscous foe) is the WGC (more technically the Empire is saving Skyrim by agreeing to the treaty.) Also, "Talos" built the Empire that Ulfric is now rebelling against (so technically the Imperials are trying desperately to hold onto the very thing that made him "god-like".)

That's like saying "YEAH I fluffING LOVE SEA CREATURES!" then signing a petition stating you want the oceans drained...

Ulfric is power hungry, on top of racist and ignorant. If the Stormcloaks won (hypothetical they couldn't) the elves would invade Skyrim and wipe their ass with his skin.

EDIT: I'm LOL'ing at the responses involving the Iraq War because they are so off.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Were they mistreated from the very moment or after the war betwen stormies and imperials started?

The Stormcloaks have been gathering for awhile, before the High King was killed. Ulfric became Jarl and started gathering forces, using the Talos ban as a rally, he wasn't gaining support so he killed the High King as a message to the other Jarls. He's probably been Jarl for several years, they have been mistreated since Ulfric became Jarl, Ulfric doesn't treat them like his fathers did. The problems in Windhelm are all Ulfric, it's a very good reason he shouldn't be High King. The man has bad management skills and has actually made his city poor. Windhelm's stockpiles are empty, they can't even make repairs to the city. It's one of the reasons I like the Free-Winter Jarl, he looks to make Windhelm great once more. It used to be the greatest city in Skyrim, now to be honest it's a plops hole.

Mookie

Actually, if I hated my government, and was being persecuted and denied any justice, I would probably help the invaders.

You escape some giant hollocaust by a vulcano or something and a country takes you in and you wouldnt help out?
They arent treated like plops from the start, only after refusing to pitch in

Mookie

The Stormcloaks have been gathering for awhile, before the High King was killed. Ulfric became Jarl and started gathering forces, using the Talos ban as a rally, he wasn't gaining support so he killed the High King as a message to the other Jarls. He's probably been Jarl for several years, they have been mistreated since Ulfric became Jarl, Ulfric doesn't treat them like his fathers did. The problems in Windhelm are all Ulfric, it's a very good reason he shouldn't be High King. The man has bad management skills and has actually made his city poor. Windhelm's stockpiles are empty, they can't even make repairs to the city. It's one of the reasons I like the Free-Winter Jarl, he looks to make Windhelm great once more. It used to be the greatest city in Skyrim, now to be honest it's a pl*** hole.

City poor or not the war is waging on and Ulfric as a leader is expected to pitch in the most. Yeah he could drain the resources of the Jarls that suport him but what would that make him look like?

The dark elves are there for 200 years I guess, they arent treated like that before and they still refused to help out in the strugle of the people living with them. They were saved from red mountain explosion, and also nords could have just closed the gates and let them freeze to death. And they still refused. The reactions are pretty good to what would I expect in real life if something like that hapened

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
City poor or not the war is waging on and Ulfric as a leader is expected to pitch in the most. Yeah he could drain the resources of the Jarls that suport him but what would that make him look like?

The dark elves are there for 200 years I guess, they arent treated like that before and they still refused to help out in the strugle of the people living with them. They were saved from red mountain explosion, and also nords could have just closed the gates and let them freeze to death. And they still refused. The reactions are pretty good to what would I expect in real life if something like that hapened

The government in modern society is expected to make the first step, in whatever it is they are doing. If Ulfric stop dehumanizing the Dunmer, gave them equal opportunities, and pretty much made Windhelm a desirable place to exist, only good things would come.

More Dunmer would want to be there, they would see Ulfric as a good guy (which means more support) which means more people, which means a better chance at winning the civil war, which means a better chance at being able to openly worship Talos...

Must I continue?

Mookie

The government in modern society is expected to make the first step, in whatever it is they are doing. If Ulfric stop dehumanizing the Dunmer, gave them equal opportunities, and pretty much made Windhelm a desirable place to exist, only good things would come.

More Dunmer would want to be there, they would see Ulfric as a good guy (which means more support) which means more people, which means a better chance at winning the civil war, which means a better chance at being able to openly worship Talos...

Must I continue?

They werent treated badly before they refused to help the stormcloaks.
And you think windhelm is undesirable to live in and gray quarter is bad?
Maybe a visit to morrowind will show them how lucky they are.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
No place is like home. Ever heard that saying?

Also, why would they help Ulfric when he clearly on the wrong side of the war?

Mookie

No place is like home. Ever heard that saying?

Also, why would they help Ulfric when he clearly on the wrong side of the war?

Yeah no place like ash covered wasteland with ash spawns and no plant life.
How is he on the wrong side?

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Read my earlier posts, last page.

No place like home, meaning no matter what city they go to they won't feel at home, because they're not. They don't feel a need to defend Windhelm, why should they? Why should they choose to join Ulfric when Skyrim is still connected as a whole?

Mookie

Read my earlier posts, last page.

No place like home, meaning no matter what city they go to they won't feel at home, because they're not. They don't feel a need to defend Windhelm, why should they? Why should they choose to join Ulfric when Skyrim is still connected as a whole?

Then they should go home since they cant accept a new home but expect to be accepted.

They lived in Windhelm for 200 years, thats why

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Ulfric is not Windhelm.

I thoroughly believe you don't know what you're talking about.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Stop believing everything then, it's bad to be gullible.

You're arguing morality and decency with war and politics.

Never do that.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
the Dunmer owe no allegiance to Ulfric and his so called "Rebellion". Why should they fight and die for a right to worship a "God" they don't give two sh!ts about? Because they're allowed to live IN the city? pfft, Ulfric let's them stay because his father let them stay and he would look like an ass if he tossed them out.

Mookie

the Dunmer owe no allegiance to Ulfric and his so called "Rebellion". Why should they fight and die for a right to worship a "God" they don't give two sh!ts about? Because they're allowed to live IN the city? pfft, Ulfric let's them stay because his father let them stay and he would look like an ass if he tossed them out.

Go back to Morrowind then or dont expect to be treated equaly.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
College of political sciences.

I want pics of diploma or credits because everything you stated in this thread contradicts that. Polisci also deals with laws and all that jazz.

This is war.