Can you learn all the Shouts?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BG5150

I have a stockpile of Dragon Souls that are waiting to be leeched into a shout.

Can you learn all three parts of all the Shouts?

I'd hate to get a useful shout later in the game just to find out I've used all my slots up.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yes, you can learn all of them.
How it works, is that you learn shouts by going to those dragon walls. When you kill a dragon, you absorb its soul and you can use it to unlock a shout.
You can learn all three parts of a shout. The different parts are also spread across Skyrim and you'll need to do quite some searching to find them all. But if you do the main questline, that will already get you a lot of shouts.

Chadonraz

You can, but quite a few Words are in quest-locked dungeons. And quite a few of those dungeons can only be accessed through a major faction questline.

Which is really annoying.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
You can, but quite a few Words are in quest-locked dungeons. And quite a few of those dungeons can only be accessed through a major faction questline.

Which is really annoying.

this, I really hate that, so I rarely use them. They do not even do much, considering that you can usually do everything except dragonrend, ethereal body and whirlwind sprint

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I have 11 shouts left to learn and 20 dragon souls on tap. I spend dragon souls to rearrange my perk points using the Black Book "Waking Dreams", too. AND, I am nowhere near the end of my dragon-killing days.

JoeReese

Spoiler: Without revealing too much, once you get one of those goodies, you may want to google them, to make sure you get them all.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Spoiler: Without revealing too much, once you get one of those goodies, you may want to google them, to make sure you get them all.

mine glitched on me when I put it on the mannequin and I ended up with two sets !

Two fully enchanted sets? Usually my mannequins give me anything except what I can use.

Yes! the mannequins in Severin Manor seem to like re-producing armour for me. I guess they like me :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
The only one I haven't been able to get so far is the one at Arcwind Point. The Wall is glitched for me (a known glitch, according to the Elder Scrolls Wiki), and no matter what I do, I haven't been able to get that Shout. :sadface: But aside from that, you should be able to get every single one, though you may be unable to if they are in quest-locked dungeons, like other people said.

Chadonraz

Due to releasing dragons at level 50, I still have 10+ locked Words. xD
I'm only missing 5 Words (plus the DB Shouts), three of which are in faction quest-locked dungeons. I will most likely join two of the factions (or glitch my way into one dungeon without doing that questline), but the third dungeon's going to remain unexplored.

The only time I have done this was just to cross it off my list of achievements (get all shouts, all masks, all Daedric artifacts etc.) . I have never needed, or used, the vast majority of shouts and never spend a dragon soul to activate them,

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
You certainly can, but I've never managed it, I seem to make new characters faster than I unlock shouts.

BG5150

Cool. I just wanted to make sure that if there were 24 shouts x 3 words (72) that I would be capped at knowing, like, only 60.

(totally made up numbers)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The only one I haven't been able to get so far is the one at Arcwind Point. The Wall is glitched for me (a known glitch, according to the Elder Scrolls Wiki), and no matter what I do, I haven't been able to get that Shout. :sadface: But aside from that, you should be able to get every single one, though you may be unable to if they are in quest-locked dungeons, like other people said.
I have a similar problem with Arcwind. I can get the shout fine, but only if I don't get it through a reference from somewhere else (i.e. Letter from a Friend or the Greybeards). While I still get it if I'm referred, I will never be able to get another letter or get the Greybeards locating help again because it will not recognize the quest as completed and that stupid little white arrow just stays there forever. :)

JClarke1953

I have a stockpile of Dragon Souls that are waiting to be leeched into a shout.

Can you learn all three parts of all the Shouts?

I'd hate to get a useful shout later in the game just to find out I've used all my slots up.

I play on an XBox, and am on my 6th char, and have yet to find/get ALL of the Shouts. For one, Arcwind Point is the stopper. Once Arngier gives that location, then it's done, nothing more, as Arcwind Point never leaves the quest log.

I've also made many, many attempts to just get them on my own, without Arngier. No joy there either, as the Word Wall's remain silent. And I've got 2-dozen Soul's just waiting, and nothing from Arngier. No "letter from a friend", nothing.

Bethesda knew of this problem way last Spring of 2012 and did nothing. And old Parthrunax is also still alive, so that's not the problem.

If there is a way to get ALL of the Word's via XBox, I've yet to find out how.

As far as "main" shout's? For me, Dragonrend, Disarm and Unrelenting Force are the one's I mostly use. I used Soul Tear a lot with my other char's, but cannot even get the first Word of that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts