Xbox 360 Can the connection be the problem?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

I'm posting this here, as the latest DLC seems to be the one causing the most havoc on XBox.

I saw something earlier, comments on how freezes and other problems would hit while connected to Live?

Well, I unplugged my USB WiFi connection from my XBox, and worked both chars about 2-hour's each.

The only problem I had was losing sound when in the Dwemer ruins on Sol. Other than that, no freezes, castings went good, and none of the usual problems I've had since dl'ing the latest DLC.

I signed out, plugged my WiFi back in, and guess what? Yep, a few minutes in and wham, freeze time!

So, how is this happening? Is it because of data exchanging going on with Live and/or the server the dl's come from?

Any theories?

Adam Warlock

Interesting premise.

I will try to play unconnected tomorrow as I was unable to get to Solstheim today in 4 tries and also had 2 freezes outside Lakeview Manor.
Fervently hoping it works for me like it did for you.

aussiegirlz

hmmm - since Skyrim doesn't have a multiplayer option I've never played it on my Live account only offline accounts but I have very little freezing issues. I know my son had the freezing problem with Hearthfire even playing offline.

You might want to try deleting the download and reinstalling it as well.

MrDSL

The game freezes on me also..I'll have to try to play when not online cause I'm always signed into live..

Its really annoying but so far doesnt happen that often.

Adam Warlock

Interesting premise.

I will try to play unconnected tomorrow as I was unable to get to Solstheim today in 4 tries and also had 2 freezes outside Lakeview Manor.
Fervently hoping it works for me like it did for you.

Deleted all 3 DLC and downloaded again.
disconnected from Xbox Live , began game and tried to get to Raven Rock.
1. Eternal Loading Screen(timed at 5 min)
2. 4 times got to dock at Solstheim to have game freeze within seconds
3 . 1 time got halfway up dock before freeze
4. 1 time got to Raven Rock blacksmith shop before freeze.

Tried with auto-save enabled and disabled , no discernable difference.

Disappointed and still awaiting a patch.

MrDSL

Deleted all 3 DLC and downloaded again.
disconnected from Xbox Live , began game and tried to get to Raven Rock.
1. Eternal Loading Screen(timed at 5 min)
2. 4 times got to dock at Solstheim to have game freeze within seconds
3 . 1 time got halfway up dock before freeze
4. 1 time got to Raven Rock blacksmith shop before freeze.

Tried with auto-save enabled and disabled , no discernable difference.

Disappointed and still awaiting a patch.

How would I delete the DLC's I downloaded for this on my Xbox? I've looked but maybe I'm missing something..

I've want to reroll but not worry about vampire city attacked.

Mikhailov

How would I delete the DLC's I downloaded for this on my Xbox? I've looked but maybe I'm missing something..

I've want to reroll but not worry about vampire city attacked.

Vampire city attacks are annoying. I think one of them killed Belethor, the general goods vendor in Whiterun. This is extremely annoying to me because I like doing my business in Whiterun. Now I have to go to Solitude or Falkreath.

MrDSL

Vampire city attacks are annoying. I think one of them killed Belethor, the general goods vendor in Whiterun. This is extremely annoying to me because I like doing my business in Whiterun. Now I have to go to Solitude or Falkreath.

Same thing happened to me and he usually has a decent selection..Forced me to finish the vampire line so I woulndt loose anymore good venders.

Whats really annoying though is his brother still lives there but doesnt run the shop..I mean why wouldnt he just take over? stupid

JClarke1953

Yeh, I ran into that too. Better keep and eye on Riverwood, because I don't know who else we can go to "invest" and that vendor having the capital the vendor in Riverwood has.

Rachell Greene

My game crashes alot since i got this dlc but it only seems to happen during loading screens or when im in the middle of a big battle and theres alot of lights flashing and stuff, being disconnected doesnt change it but i guess im not too bothered by the crashes, it justs makes me save more often. Ive also noticed texture glitches and other things that defy the laws of physics...
I know if i leave my xbox on and unattended for a while it can often crash within the next loading screen.

JClarke1953

I just began my 4th game on another tag. I'm still disconnected from the Internet, and so far, not a thing has happened. I played for over 5 hour's straight (just to pause a couple of time's).

So, I know there aren't too many doing this, PS3's, XBox 360's and PC's, but it would be interesting if a good number of each and see.

Altho', I wonder if it's because I have a new game running, and 2 saved. Yeh, this is my 4th, I lost it trying to begin a new game, lol! :-)

mrlymric

WoW, you all having some bad issues, wish i had the answers . I play on xbox 360 connected/disconnected with hardly no problems. Since i am disable and homebound and a game addict, i put in an easy 14 hours per day of playing skyrim ( 5 -6 days a week ) and out of the whole week i may get least 3 lock up freezes, and that is no big deal to me, considring the HUGE amount of time i play every day. So again i wish i had answers to help you all on your xbox's, cause i love helping plp when comes to gaming, but i do not know what to tell you to try, sorry :sadface:

JClarke1953

I'm in the same situation as you mrlymric as far as being home bound. I have a problem here and there on two of my char's, but this 3rd one I just began the other day, I've not a had a single problem.

I don't know if it's because it's a "new" game or what, and I play almost as many hour's as you do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts