Can I temporarily get rid of Shadowmere?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

^ Agreed for horses in general as well.
Why can`t they make it so your horse doesn`t fast travel with you unless you mount it first ?

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Well shadowmere is actually invincible, to a certain point at least, so you don't have to worry about him/her dying while attacking enemy's, but to answer your question I would think you would just have to buy a new horse and he/she would just go back to the old DB sanctum I'm not sure as I have never tried to do it.

Golgo_SPB

supposedly he can respawn but I haven't confirmed this myself.

That's one of my big complaints is that I can't store shadowmere at a stable.

perkecet

you can just kill him, and mark the spot on your map. i haven't done it but he's supposed to respawn at the spot he dies after some amount of time.

Thanks. I stole a couple of horses the first week I bought this game but decided they weren't worth the hassle. I have however enjoyed exploring some with Shadowmere. So my view of horses changed but I am getting conflicting info; Some day I can kill him, some say I can't. Do I need to be careful not to shoot him while he gets between me and enemies? I wouldn't care that much but his damage rate is pretty low so he distracts the enemies but I can't finish them off when Shadowmere is jumping around them.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Well for me I couldn't kill shadowmere despite attacking him to his lowest point of health nor could any one else kill him. Only when I was in the mid 30's and above in level did he start to die from enemy attacks and such so I'm sure if this is a glitch or something else.