• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Nadir watched him go and did indeed leave her things behind. She realized, only after he was gone, that she had nothing to wear to swim in... Oh well. She would just go in her armor. It needed to be washed, anyway. She kicked off her boots and followed behind him. The cold stone felt good on her bare feet and she couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this. Wood, yes. Grass, yes. but stone, not in a while. The planet's strongest, most enduring resource, and she experienced it so little. She frowned. I really need to focus on nature more than I have been...

She made her way outside, and found Kir already in the water. He was talking, but it only came as mumbles from where she was. However, as she approached, his words became clearer.

"...because I deny fate at every turn. I should be dead so I swear to live in the moment...I make my own fate."

Nadir paused at the water's edge. The wind was blowing gently, and it rustled her hair and the feathers that adorned her armor. What an interesting thing to say, she thought. Normally, she wasn't given to nosiness, but this Bosmer intrigued her: he was a were, she was certain of it, but clearly not because of any cultural influence like other Bosmer...so why did he choose to take on the Beast? Why did he sound so distracted when he even touched on personal details? Why did he swim in underpants? She spoke low, her voice carried on the wind.

"...What happened?"

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kir heard her voice but continued to stare at the heavens. Would he really reveal some of his past to someone he had knwo for less than a day? True he felt a connection...his paranoia asked 'Does she really care or is it the simple curiousity our race is prone too?' Kir decided to follow his heart for once, he hadn't done so in many years. It was easier to forget about his heart and his feelings. He opened his mouth to speak, filled with emotions he had held back for so long. "You wish to know my story?" He asked softly. "It is a dark tale, filled with sorrow and pain."

Nadir-Natesse

She stood still in the morning breeze, looking at him carefully. She wasn't so sure she wanted to hear his life's story...did she care, or was she just being curious? She decided it was a bit of both. She wasn't sure how long a story this was, but everyone deserved to have a willing ear. She waded into he shallows until she felt the water rise up her thighs. She sunk down, and let the water lap at her shoulders and neck. The feathers stuck to her skin, but the cool water felt good. Good enough to keep her comfortable for an epic tale.

"I do."

Kir the Silent

"Mine is a sad story. My family was minor nobility in Valenwood, though my mother a commoner. Faeloen Naylik, my father, didn't care about that. He loved her. And like a fable of old the common girl Eliya found her prince. Years later I was born. My birth, however, was long and grueling. He was born healthy and strong. Unfortunantly...my mother died during it. It was then that my father decided to leave Valenwood behind; as well as the memories. I had an older brother and two older sisters, Treon Naylik(oldest), Nihls Naylik, and Relas Naylik(twins). After looking at several potential lands, my father decided on the Falkreath region of Skyrim. It was wooded and there was a keep for sale outside of the the city. While I and my siblings settleted in, my father seemed to rush something down to the vault. He returned a few moments later closing the gates and even added more defenses to the area. In the years that would follow I always wondered what was secreted down there..."

"Settling in the keep was simple after making sure all documents had been approved and sealed by the Jarl. However, it took a few years for the Nords to accept us. But when I turned seven years, my father would win the hearts of the locals. A fearful scream shattered the forest one day. A young Nord girl was being chased by bandits a few hundred feet away from the keep. Without a second thought my father rushed to her aid. He ran faster than he ever had before. Suddenly the bandits were under attack. One fell to a fireball and the other two drew blades to attack this impudent little elf. With ease Faeloen slew the other two, his elven blade Ancient's Wrath swinging in deadly arcs. He picked the crying girl up and took her safely to the keep. There she was given new clothes and fed, before returning to Falkreath. Her parents were overjoyed, the people cheered. The Jarl awarded him with the title Thane and the gratitude of Falkreath."

"Things were perfect for a time, until the Stranger came...One day a young Breton approached the keep. When asked by the Falkreath guards as to his buisness here. He asked to speak with Thane Faeloen. When he intrroduced himself, he claimed to be a Dwemer scholar. My father and the scholar talked for several hours alone in the study. Soon however it became arguing and the Breton left in an air of indignity. When I asked what he had wanted, my father simply said, "All will be revealed when you come of age." A few months later an Imperial merchant came with gifts of gold and jewels, but he left just like the scholar. As the months past, more and more visitors visited the keep. A Nord noble, a Dark Elf adventurer, and even a High Elf Lord(he was suspected of being an Aldmeri agent). They all left without whatever they had come seeking. Then there was even an attempt to break into the vaults. The theif was injured, but escaped. My interest only grew. What was in the vault?? Then when I turned nine, I wished I never knew..."

"On a bleak, unnaturally dark night. He came...A figure swaddled in black, ragged cloth and hooded robes with strange runes. He approached the keep slowly. The guards were automatically on edge. The gatekeeper approached to ask his buisness on such a night, but before he could say a word he was dead. Suddenly the keep's door exploded while I and my family were having supper. My father and older brother rushed to stand in front of and confront him. "Who the hell are you and what do you want?!" The mysterious figure spoke in a voice straight from Oblivion. Deep and demonic, yet as unnerving as a dark whisper..."You know." He came closer slowly. "Give me it, now. Perhaps you'll live if you obey." My father set his jaw and eyes turn to steel. He said, "I have no idea what your talking about." The dark figure, laughed. At least I hoped it was. It ran chills down my spine. "I've tried other methods, now I have no other option but you have forced me to reveal my hand." I could feel the Stranger's evil smile. In front of their very eyes he changed into the Breton scholar! Then he gradually changed into every visitor we had seen over the last year!"

"I'll give you one last chance." He walked closer, "Give. Me. The Totem!" My father and brother drew blades. "You'll never have it...our family has guarded that totem for generations. Guards! To me!" The Stranger laughed again. "The dead can't hear you." My father turned pale, but his sword was steady. "What are you..?" The Stranger raised his hands, black muscular things ending in claws, "Find out..." Suddenly nightmarish creatures appeared and chaos reigned. "Children! Run!" shouted my father as they attacked the unholy creatures. I didn't know what to do. I felt torn, so...I ran...I ran and ran, out the door. Past fires and dark shapes. I regret that to this day...Suddenly..I was alone in the forest. I wandered for hours, fearful and alone...until a limb snapping stopped him cold. But before I could hide a hand was around my mouth, "Quiet boy, they may still be around." I managed to get a look at the owner of the hand. I nearly wept. It was Daran, the twenty-two year old Redguard cook. "We have to leave...come on."

"We traveled all night without rest to Helgen. There, Daran bought a longsword and we hired a carriage. "To the border of Hammerfell, no questions and you won't remember us." He handed the driver a coin purse with five thousand gold inside. "I have no idea what you mean," said the driver taking the coin. "I'm just going to Hammerfell to see a few friends. No passangers." Daran nodded as the driver urged the horses along. Daran then turned to me, and softly said, "Cry for them Kir...it helps. I know." And so I did...for my dad, my bother, my sisters...my life..."

"For five years we lived in Hammerfell, and in that time Daran married and raised me as his own. I had planned to return to Falkreath, but rumors of civil war and Dragons stayed the my feet. However, when I turned fourteen I decided to travel. It took convincing, but Daran and Sarli agreed. I wanted to find...something, myself maybe. They gave me supplies, gold, and a tearful farewell. I joined a merchant ship to see the world until I was old enough to travel on my own. The ship avoided Skyrim altogether during this time. Three years passed and I grew, stronger and wiser than my age. I was a skilled swordsman, pickpocket, and very stealthy. I wrote Daran and Sarli everytime I was ashore. But the fires of revenge still burned within me. And fate would stroke the flames."

"That is some of the worst parts...there's more...so much more pain, but I've talked too much. I apologize if that was all too much for you." Kir went into a deep silence. "If you ever want to know more, perhaps you'll hear it one day. My run ins with the brotherhood, my rise to infamy, that damned wizard and the sweetrolls, and...Nyla....Anyways, anything to say or should I just shut up now?"

Nadir-Natesse

Nadir listened intently. It was indeed a sad story, and she hated hearing of those who lost their parents in tragedy... Her own were still alive and happily leading a clan of their own back in Valenwood. Every once in a while Nadir would write to them using Jorvasskr as her own address and she would indeed receive a letter back but it took upwards to a year for a single message to be exchanged, as the distance was so great.

"Such a sad young life... Younglings should never be exposed to such stressful events unless they are prepared... Did...did you ever find out what your father was protecting? It seems like it cost him his life. Was it even worth it?"

She hoped she didn't sound insensitive but the question burned at the back of her mind. It was an intriguing series of events that led up to this.

Kir the Silent

"Yes," a single tear rolled down his face. "It could determine the fate of an entire people. And that burden rests upon my shoulders...I...It was worth it I know this. I may tell you more...but later Nadir, please..." He stood up in the shallow end of the lake looking at her, more vunerable than he had been in years. "For now, I just want to live in the moment and worry about my pain and responsibilities later. Is that too much to ask? A little peace in this life?"

Nadir-Natesse

She watched his constitution disintegrated under the pain of his memories. She felt sorry for him but did not say so; it would only translate as pity. As he stood there looking at her, so sad, so vulnerable, and shook her head, almost inperceptively.

"Of course not. You should live in the moment all the time. It's what gets me by..."

She paused, then shuffled a little bit before pulling the bottom half of her armor above the water and tossing it back into the shallows of the lake, where it could soak safely. She then reached up and pulled her top up over her head and tossed it back too. She smiled, albeit a little sheepishly. He had shared a piece of himself with her, and so what was the harm in returning the favor? She paddled further out to where her feet just barely touched the bottom of the sloping land beneath the water, and held her hand out to him, a warm playful smile now on her face.

"Come Kir, chase dartwings with me."

Kir the Silent

His pain faded as he took her hand in his, he smiled. "I'd love to." He familiar smirk returning. He sank beneath the waters for a few moments before surfacing in front of her. He winked as he followed her lead. Swimming after dartwings and laughing. He splashed at her to get ahead to catch more than she could. Teasing her and still splashing her, he felt like a kid. He had never had time to be a kid and smiled, the weight lifting from his shoulders. Though she said splashing her was childish, she splashed right back smiling at him.

Nadir-Natesse

It was sometime later when the two of them returned back at the Keep, dressed and clean. Nadir smiled to herself. In the end, Kir had bested her in catching the most dartwings but only because he was so tall and could go further into the lake without falling under the surface. The sin was fully up and and although she felt better, she was tired. Back inside, Kir made for his room, while Nadir stood back, not wanting to follow just in case it was inappropriate.

"Where can I lie down? I am kinda tired."

Kir the Silent

Kir smiled, "The room right across from mine. It has food and wine inside, as well as clothes if you so desire." Kir could tell she was a bit tired, but he felt awake and amazing. He dried off but didn't put any clothes on. His black tatoos standing out on his tand skin. The water had cleaned him and refreshed him. Still...he felt the urge to go back into the forest and nature itself. "Rest well Nadir and...thank you. I'm going to go for a run, maybe a hunt." He winked but made no move to get his bow or clothes. He still wasn't sure if she had figured it out yet.

She looked tempted to go with him. "Rest Nadir, we can speak later. I know your still exhausted from however it is you came to be here." As he left she smiled once again and Kir started to leave the keep. Passing through the gates he started to run, faster and faster. Through the forest he ran. He didn't think he just ran, he started to feel closer with the wolf as he did. Though it was tempting, he resisted it. At least for now. He ran into a clearing and suddenly slammed headlong into someone's tent.

Neverwin

Protector of Innocent Commas
    How long had she been traveling now? It seemed like it had been months. Ever since the war had ended, everyone was free to focus on taking care of matters other than war-related ones. Such matters included clearing out bandit hideouts. This had been bad news for Valkyra. She was searching for another bandit crew and rather than start recruiting people (mainly in Riften), it was a lot easier and more effective to just find an occupied bandit hideout, kill the leader, and take over. Since she had started her little journey in search for a bandit hideout that hadn't been cleared, she had abused her beast form often. Using the extra speed to hunt down wild deer, rabbits, and the occasional unsuspecting traveler and consume their flesh. It had helped her survive outside of a settlement for long. Trying to chase down a deer when you had no archery skills was near impossible.

But she had noticed that abusing the beast form in such a manner came with some... unpleasant side effects. Namely, fleas... but also, she noticed that it would take longer and longer for her to switch back to her normal human form... and that she was starting to behave more wolf-like than human-like. It had, in a word, made her a bit wary. So, she had stopped using the beast-form for a while... instead opting to steal from farmhouses when she could find them and subsisting on a diet that mostly consisted of mudcrab and berries.

After a good break (at which time, she got rid of her fleas and her animal behavior died down somewhat), she had started using her beast form again but not quite as often. She was still very tired, hungry, and she had a distinct wild look that couldn't be remedied with bathing.

Her map had gotten so worn over the past few months that she could scarcely figure out where she was anymore. She grumbled at the faded symbols on the map, rolled it up, and set up her tent for that night. She was a very light sleeper, and often slept in her light armor with her Dwarven War Axe and shield right next to her. She was awake several seconds before her tent was crashed into and had only just began getting out of the tent when her tent was crashed into. She jumped out axe and shield at the ready. She growled at the intruder.

"OBLIVION TAKE YOU, ELF!" She swung her axe at him. She apparently didn't take being rudely awakened lightly.

Kir the Silent

"Hold!" Kir had just stumbled onto someone's camp. He had been moving so fast he had not even seen it, now he had a very angry woman swinging an axe at him. Wearing only his swimming tunic shorts and having no weapons it was all he could do to dodge her blows. Easy enough for an assassin, he was quick and graceful but her blows were quick and savage. 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to! By the Nine just hold on! I can pay for the tent and get out of your hair."

Neverwin

Valkyra kept swinging at him even after he commanded that she hold. Damn if she'd let the elf get a shot in. The savage snarl on her face changed to a thoughtful one when the elf mentioned that he could pay her. She abruptly stopped swinging her axe, seconds before it would've come down on his head and crushed his skull open. She dropped her shield and grabbed him by the neck, shoving him into a tree. Her face was inches from his own, and the fierce expression had returned. The axe was being held uncomfortably close to his face as well.

"No tricks, elf. Who are you and how much you got? Answer me quickly before I decide your stupid pointy-eared head will be a nice little collector's item."

Kir the Silent

"Now that's not very nice," Kir was calm and collected. He decided to be his normal charming self. Be unpredictable and you can never lose. So he did something crazy...he kissed her. Not long and not on the mouth, but it was enough. He saw her eyes widen and when they did he vanished into the Shadowed. In his own little world he couldn't be seen, heard or touched but he also couldn't do anything other than observe. He watched her swipe at the air and look around. He re-appeared a safe distance away. He couldn't do that so quickly often. It takes alot of energy.

"Now my name is Kir Naylik. Before you do anything...unpleasent. I happen to be very wealthy, but I'm not a rich posh noble so don't threaten me." His eyes narrowed and his voice took on a cold edge. "I will gladly pay whatever you ask, but as you can see I don't have my coinpurse on me." He motioned to the only article of clothing he was wearing. His chest rising with every breath hard, and his golden hair shined disheveld in the sun. "Now first tell me your name and buisness here. These are my hunting grounds," He growled abit at that. "After you tell me that we can get onto the matter of what I owe you."

Neverwin

Valkyra was more than a little surprised when Kir kissed her out of the blue. She had not been expecting that. She snarled when he disappeared a moment later. "COWARD! You can't hide from me!" She snarled, then whirled around when she heard his voice a short distance away. She started to charge him, especially since the pointy-eared bastard thought he could get away with kissing her. Only she was allowed to initiate a kiss, damn it!

She paused a moment when he pointed out that he didn't have a coin purse on him. Indeed, he was only wearing a single article of clothing. She would gain nothing from killing him except maybe some dinner, but the promise of gold stayed her hand. She stopped and listened to him but sneered when he demanded her name and for her to state her business. "I think you're forgetting which one of us is armed here, elf. You're in no position to demand anything of me." She stepped forward in a menacing manner. "I, on the other hand, am free to demand whatever I want from you." She held up her hand as if predicting an interruption. "Yeah, I'm not stupid. If I kill you, I get none of this gold you claim to have so much of. But then, it's like they say... there are other fish in the sea." She gave her an axe an experimental swing. "And I'm pretty pissed off about that little kissing stunt you pulled, so I already have plenty of reason to take your fool head off."

A smirk appeared on her face. "You want to live, elf? You got to do something for me." She gestured with her axe towards his swimming tunic shorts. "Let's see what you're hiding in there. Take them off. Now."

Kir the Silent

Kir raised an eyebrow, "You wish. And to be honest, I could disappear and you'll never see me again. And just because I don't have an axe," he made an exaggerated swing with his hand. "Does not mean I'm defenseless. Also my shorts will be staying on thank you, you at least have to buy me an ale first."

"Also," he said. "Stop calling me elf. It's Kir. And you still haven't told me your name or your buisness in my hunting grounds." He growled a bit louder this time, but it sounded more feral. He shook his head to control himself. Not now. He could control himself completly when he became a beast...usually lately strange things were happening. "I may not be armed, but I wish you no harm or to fight. You see the fact that you believe that you can dictate me is...funny. I mean no disrespect, but not even the fates dictate me."

He put his hands on his hips and stood there waiting for his response. "By the way, just some helpful advice. It's never good to threaten a beast in his own forest." He was alluding to his beastblood but she would just think it an expression.

Neverwin

"I don't see your name on the woods, you pointy-eared fool! I'll threaten you all I want. Way I see it, it's your own fault coming out here in only your skivvies and crashing into MY tent. You think you can disappear and hide from me? It'd be your funeral, elf. All the water in Nirn wouldn't be able to keep me off your scent." Valkyra growled at him, her growl sounding feral as well. "Off with the shorts or it's off with your head. Last chance."

Kir the Silent

"Do not make me angry, I've been kind and patient. More than you deserve. I know your type, greedy and power hungry. Always looking to control the situation and everyone around you. Perhaps my name isn't on these woods...but my scent and my mark is everywhere." His muscles stretched a bit and he heard his bones crack in certain places. He bit his lip to calm down, then he smelled it. Her scent...she was a were! What are the odds that two weres would be here after he had been here alone for so long. It had to be...no, the prophecy? He would think of that later for now he had to calm his anger.

"I know what you are..." He growled his eyes were feral now, dangerous. His muscles were tense and he was panting slightly. Even if she turned too this could get very bad. He had a code about harming women or children, he just didn't do it. "Either stop...or leave...If you only knew you wouldn't be forcing the issue..."

Neverwin

Valkyra wasn't an idiot. The references to scent, him saying he knew what she was, the look in his eyes... She inhaled a big whiff of air, and her eyes narrowed. So, she was among another "child of Hircine." She snarled at him. She didn't sheathe her weapon, but she did lower it and took on a less threatening but still intimidating stance. "Pointy-eared bastard," she spat at him. "Fine. It takes some guts to stand up to me like that puny, pathetic, and unarmed as you are. And maybe I like that enough to let you live. For now, anyway. I'll tell you who I am when I'm good and ready. If at all. Lead me to your gold." She made an expansive gesture, sounding doubtful that he was as wealthy as he claimed.

Kir the Silent

"Pointy-eared bastard," she spat at him. "Fine. It takes some guts to stand up to me like that puny, pathetic, and unarmed as you are." After that he heard nothing...The nords had treated his family like garbage until his family had proved themselves. He shouldn't have to this...woman..."I have nothing to prove to you!" His voice deep and fearsome, even to himself. "I'm not pathetic! Or a bastard! MY NAME IS KIR!"

Suddenly pained slammed through his body, he collapsed to the ground. His bones cracking loudy and he growled ferally against his will. He lloked up and at the woman with his now wolf-like eyes. The woman infuriated him, but he wished her no harm truely. But the transformation can't be stopped now, "Run.." he said it simply with his voice before the beast silenced him, but word was filled with genuine compassion and worry. He slammed the ground, with his fists hard. They were bloody now...his skin and muscles ripped, his bones stretched and grew. He growled and roared fearsome, like a beast from the deeps of Oblivion. As the beast emerged it's razor claws ripped the earth in the clearing causing a dust cloud obscuring the view.

Then...the beast rose. A normal were was larger than an average nord, Kir's beast however, was almost two times larger than that. A hulking monstrosity that was easily four feet taller than the woman, it roared so loud that the clearing shook. One other striking feature was the white stripe of fur from it's nose to tail. There were also streaks of soft white on his arms as well. Werewolves are never white, yet here this large beast stood a testament against that fact. It leaped with frightening speed at the woman and slashed ferociously. She narrowly avoided it as he claws slammed through the trunk of the tree behind her. Wood splintered as it's claw tore through the entire trunk, the tree crashing down. The beast turned towards her and roared showing it's fangs.

Werewolf2.jpg