• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I regularly clean out the cash of the folks in Whiterun, Riverwood, Solitude and Markath (I haven't found any of the other stores yet, except the one where the Mage College is, and she never has any money).

Do y'all know of any other sources? I understand there are some Fences, but I have no idea where to even start looking for them.

Any suggestions?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Thieves guild. Also I usually sell to the specialty shops before hitting the General Stores usually helps.

Saozig

Hippy
two ways to get fences:

Do the Thieves Guild quest

Get the Fence perk in the Speech perk tree

The TG is easier. But other than that, no one will buy your stolen stuff. Sorry.

As for vendors: get the merchent perk in the Sppech tree, that lets you sell anything to anyone. That helps. Court wizards, quartermasters at the Imperial and Stormcloak camps, and of course the Khajiit caravans are all vendors that you can go to beyond the in-city shops.

Daelon DuLac

two ways to get fences:

Do the Thieves Guild quest

Get the Fence perk in the Speech perk tree

The TG is easier. But other than that, no one will buy your stolen stuff. Sorry.

As for vendors: get the merchent perk in the Sppech tree, that lets you sell anything to anyone. That helps. Court wizards, quartermasters at the Imperial and Stormcloak camps, and of course the Khajiit caravans are all vendors that you can go to beyond the in-city shops.
Thanks! I like the perk (I shall get it!) and I had no idea about the other folks (I knew about the Wizard, but he only buys scrolls, books and other magic related pariphenalia (sic). I was holding off on the the TG, but I suppose I could do them.

Whisper34

There are general goods stores in Winterhold, Falkreath, and the Gray Quarter of Windhelm. The Market in Windhelm also has general good merchants. If you do get the speech perk Saozig mentioned then you can add all the Alchemy shops into the fold as well.

If you do enter the thieves guild make sure to do enough jobs for Vex and Delvin. When you do about 5 side jobs for them in any city Delvin will give you a special job for that city. Once that special job is complete you will unlock both a new fence for that city as well as a new merchant in the Raggad Flagon in the thieves guild. When you fully restore the thieves guild there is no better place than Riften to sell all of your loot.

Whisper34

Sorry I failed to mention the general good merchant in Riften that you didn't list either. The Pawned Prawn near the market place. The market place in Riften also has general goods merchants and others.

If you didn't know fences have 4000 in gold so I find it important to unlock as many as possible.

Daelon DuLac

Sorry I failed to mention the general good merchant in Riften that you didn't list either. The Pawned Prawn near the market place. The market place in Riften also has general goods merchants and others.

If you didn't know fences have 4000 in gold so I find it important to unlock as many as possible.
Thanks you! I haven't even been to Riften yet.