Xbox 360 Bug with Theirs Guild quest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

So I finally decided to do the thieves guild quests so I can get that cool looking armor..

After I complete the quest with burning the 3 bee hives and getting stuff out of estate..I go talk to the guy and he directs me to talk to Maven..

She won't initiate any dialogue with me..I finished season unending and instead of her being in the bee and barb she is the Jarl.

I think this may be then issue cause when she was in the bee and bard I'm pretty sure she would always at least talk to me.

I haven't done any civil war quests..is there any quests in that line that have me fighting for the stormcloaks to get rifton back so she wouldnt be the jarl anymore?

If not I can live with it but thought I would ask.

Thanks

KattSand

Premium Member
I don't think Maven being the jarl is the issue. There is a pretty well known bug with this particular quest where it just never initiates. Did the quest "dampened spirits" actually start? Do you have it in your quest log? I had the exact same problem, I talked to Brynjolf, he sent me to talk to Maven but I never actually got the quest "dampened spirits" to initiate.

The problem for me was that I broke into a locked room at honningbrew meadery, long before I stared the thieves guild quest line, and that broke the quest with Maven for me, because she's actually supposed to send you to the meadery to break into that room.

MrDSL

Nope that quest does not begin for me after I turn the one in..I went back to an old save so its ready to be turned in..

I don't recall ever breaking in there before..

Ughh looks like I'm just screwed then :sadface:

KattSand

Premium Member
Yep, in that case, it does seem like the quest is completely broken. I hate these quest breaking bugs, they really ruin things. All one can do is go back and create a new character, but who want's to do that when you've invested a lot of time into a character :p

MyNameIsJon

... so she wouldnt be the jarl anymore?

If not I can live with it but thought I would ask.

I could NOT live with it. I pulled a Wormtongue on Maven. Stabbed her in her sleep I did.

Now, whenever I see Ingun, she says "Every time I think of you, my blood boils!" Grrrrrrrr

KattSand

Premium Member
I could NOT live with it. I pulled a Wormtongue on Maven. Stabbed her in her sleep I did.

Now, whenever I see Ingun, she says "Every time I think of you, my blood boils!" Grrrrrrrr

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I'm gonna remove her essential status as soon as I'm done with the quests than involve her, and then I'm gonna murder that biatch! :D